MYLES HYPOLYTE - Welcome

We always have a bad start to the League..................... Last 2 SPFL seasons we had no goals and no points under Tommy and 1 point out of 18 under Danny......................... so trust me its an option [emoji14]

I'm not sure we want to be using Tommy Craigs reign as the desired standard.

• 2 weeks later...

He is indeed...................missed two glaring chances in the first half, has he missed any in the 2nd? 

He could easily had 2 from the 1st half but does not look like an out & out striker but out wide with his pace I believe could have done a job for us.

Hoping to see more signings in the next couple of weeks

6 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

He could easily had 2 from the 1st half but does not look like an out & out striker but out wide with his pace I believe could have done a job for us.

Hoping to see more signings in the next couple of weeks

I see they're utilising his long throw ability too . There's no doubt in my mind that , going forward , he would have been a decent squad player !

• 10 months later...
1 minute ago, HSS said:

Hippo has came to a mutual agreement to end his contract with Dungfermline.The contract still had 12 months to run.

You are not advocating we bring him back surely?  The positive thing is he won't be in the Dunfermline team when we face them in the cup next season.

Good Championship player when he is on his game, but not where we are for sure . . .

Just now, Sweeper07 said:

You are not advocating we bring him back surely?  The positive thing is he won't be in the Dunfermline team when we face them in the cup next season.

Good Championship player when he is on his game, but not where we are for sure . . .

I'm only passing on the news that he's been released.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:53 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

Just remembering the meltdown when Hippo was let go.....emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I don't remember anyone / one single poster in the previous 2 pages having a meltdown. Most thought he was an odd signing in the first place (given the size of our lead and the likelihood we'd be in the premiership rather than the championship).

45 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

He has been at a lot of clubs for a relatively short period of time . Wonder what the reason is ?

Seems a decent enough guy . Not a bad player , but just seems to drift from club to club .

Better players produce their best more consistently. Hypo does not do that nearly enough...

10 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Just wondered if it was a personality type thing , where he consistently falls out with his team mates , maybe thinks he,d better than he is , or has a bad attitude .

Yip that will be part of it - I know Jim Began the guy who scouted  James Forrest. He also scouted another young lad and said this boy aged 15  is in the same bracket at Forrest. He went to Tic for a season and scored plenty, but was soon away on to  Sevco who were desperate to get him and Had also been at Aberdeen, Us and a whole string of others. It was not his ability, it was his attitude and cheek towards the manager that got him freed all the time. 

20 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

So the Hippo wasn't a success here - we're a football club and should spend whatever money is available as long as we don't make a loss.

Just a shame he left before the Duck arrived! :toilet

The Duck does not lack ability - but he needs someone who he respects to straighten him out. Stop getting sent off, work rate improvements, less greedy etc...

We've only had him for  a few months, and that is part of the problem - he needs guidance from the off wherever he goes...