Livingston v St Mirren 17th Feb

faraway saint

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Bud said:

801 bus from North Bridge by Waverley train station takes 1hour ten mins and drops you off at  Almondvale retail park 

Agree with this. Lots of places to eat and drink at the retail park and only 5 minute walk to Livvy's ground.

1 hour ago, Hambud said:
1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
Very tough game which will be going no where near my coupon. Hippo will be ready for this game but would imagine he will be used as a sub our squad  is so strong we should have enough about us to take the three points. I reckon February is the month we win the league , just a gut feeling.

I'm led to believe the earliest possible date is 10th March and that is only if DU play and lose their games in hand and draw with Livi. They are still in cup and their game v Dunbarton won't go ahead due to dumbo still being in Shulls favourite competition.

I understand the maths of it if we were  ,big if to win our next four games for me its as good as won. 

49 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree with this. Lots of places to eat and drink at the retail park and only 5 minute walk to Livvy's ground.

5 minute walk??

BoK was suggesting it was a Taxi ride? 

Is St. Ricky the fastest walker in the world or is BoK a lazy bassturt!?

Answers please!

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

My calculations were, with all things going in our favour, we could win league away against Utd.

No we can't. United have only 1 league match scheduled for remainder of this month, in other words only 1 league match before they play us.

We have 3 more this month. If we win those and the United game we will have  66 points from 28 games.

If United lose their league matches to Livvy and us they will have 40 points from 24 games and therefore could potentially finish on 76 points.

Even if they play their 2 games in hand plus the Dumbarton game  (which has been postponed due to the Irn Bru Cup semi) and lose all three they will still be on 40 points from 27 games and therefore could still finish on 67 points.

So no title party at Tannadice folks.

What happened to 1 game at a time

Patience required if we win the league it will happen when we got points required 

I hope the team are level headed and go about their job

According to most of here and facebook it's just hand us the title the now and don't bother playing the rest of the season

Smells of arrogance which we accuse 2 certain teams of

We have a very tough game against an inform team try talking about that

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

What happened to 1 game at a time

Patience required if we win the league it will happen when we got points required 

I hope the team are level headed and go about their job

According to most of here and facebook it's just hand us the title the now and don't bother playing the rest of the season

Smells of arrogance which we accuse 2 certain teams of

We have a very tough game against an inform team try talking about that

Hide contents

Aye a fine line between confidence and arrogance.

I'm in the "we, almost certainly, won't be anywhere below runners up" as our current points total and, more importantly, form, suggests it would take a massive collapse to end up anywhere below that.

As for any comments on the St Mirren Facebook page, that makes this forum look intellectual and should be avoided at all costs.

10 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I take it this will be pay at the gate? Definitely going to this, can't go to the Dundee Utd game because they switched it.

There are no away tickets for any future games being sold by the ticket office,  yet. So Yeah I also reckon it's pay at the gate.  Just checked the website.

The advance purchase of tickets is not required for Livingston FC home matches in the Ladbrokes Scottish Championship (unless advertised otherwise), with ‘pay-at-the-gate’ arrangements in place instead.

• £18 – £20 AdultsAlmondvale-242x300.jpg
  • £12 Concessions*
  • £5 U16s
  • £40 Family (2 adults + 2 children U16)

This is shaping up to be a very competitive and important game for both sides. Both are "form" sides. Both have strengthened their playing squads. Buchan an has joined them to strengthen their defence and Lee Miller has joined to give them more "bite" in the forward area. Looking forward to it.

Only need to focus on ourselves between now and the end of the season!
Injuries aside I'd expect us to start with the same 11 as against Queens the only change I can see is on the bench wit Hippo replacing Sutto if the farmer is fit.

Christ , I’m getting confuddled. Who is The Hippo farmer ? [emoji6]

Too many getting ahead of themselves here and on FB .
Cliche time : There is a long way to go and lots of points to play for. Yes we are in the driving seat but we need to be focussed and ensure we take every game on its own merits . I’m sure JR and JF will have the guys feet on the ground and ensure they stay mentally strong and treat every game like a cup final.
There, enough Cliches for one day COYS [emoji106][emoji460]️

33 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

There are no away tickets for any future games being sold by the ticket office,  yet. So Yeah I also reckon it's pay at the gate.  Just checked the website.

The advance purchase of tickets is not required for Livingston FC home matches in the Ladbrokes Scottish Championship (unless advertised otherwise), with ‘pay-at-the-gate’ arrangements in place instead.

• £18 – £20 AdultsAlmondvale-242x300.jpg
  • £12 Concessions*
  • £5 U16s
  • £40 Family (2 adults + 2 children U16)

Cheers i had checked before but there was nothing up.

I view this as at least as big a game as united away, United not playing that weekend so a chance to put further distance between us and the only two teams that have a remote chance of catching us. 

Draw wouldn’t be a disaster but a win counts down another game and almost certainly takes Livi out of the equation. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Christ , I’m getting confuddled. Who is The Hippo farmer ? emoji6.png

I was reading that as long as the first and last letters in a word are correct it doesn't matter what order the rest are in or even if they're not all correct as your brain will automatically sort them, I guess "they" didn't take football forums into account - the word should've been former! :lol:

Does anyone honestly believe Man City are not going to win the league?   (13 points clear)

We are 14 points clear, though Utd have 2 games in hand (and not exactly looking flawless)  and Livi are 15 behind with 2 games in hand..

IT is not over mathematically or otherwise, but the way we are playing, the injuries Utd have and Livi's recent form all point favourably for us...

I think Livi's form will improve, they made some decent signings... (Noticed that Buchannan never got a game on Saturday - well 6 minutes as a sub) Halkett is a big threat at set pieces and Hardie will always have something to prove against us - and as we know he can bang in 2 or 3  from distance.

But Reilly and Morgan are due a goal or two and there are several others in our team that can score at any point.. Livi will try and sit in and catch us on the counter.

I expect a tight first half, then we will move up a gear and claim the 3 points.

Livi   1   v   3   THE Saints

If you have ever played in a team in the top position, you will know that the momentum and buzz is like 2 extra men in your team every game.. Our team has this winning mentality and I am confident J & J will have them mentally ready and refreshed after a well earned break...

Edited by Sweeper07

Think we are all pretty confident that we are in a very strong position to win this league, not just because we keep winning every week, but also that the other teams keep tripping themselves up. This is by far the most competitive league in Scotland. Part of me will miss it, and not really wanting Sevco  and Tic near our lovely stadium ....

However it pans out ,  2 teams really are pretty much there, us in Premiership and Brechin in League One .................... the rest is a scrap. That's why beating Pars and Queens in our last 2 matches are so big, as they are 2 good sides that really need 3 points and momentum .

Dundee Utd have a wee trip to Dons to get their mojo going- Not going to happen is it. Livi also out cup have a real chance against Supersaints to pick up points that the other contenders couldn't... but Livi cant beat us at their place can they?

We have only dropped  18 points this season, same as Celtic, with 7 of those points going to Ton!!!

I don't really care when we win the League, teams finish strong, teams finish weak

Last year Ton only just scraped in, ;losing 6 games in an 8 game stretch, obviously we finished strong.....

Match our last 12 last year we will win the League with a month to spare................ IMHO no other team will join us in Premiership as cant see them beating whoever finishes 11th..  

10 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Think we are all pretty confident that we are in a very strong position to win this league, not just because we keep winning every week, but also that the other teams keep tripping themselves up. This is by far the most competitive league in Scotland. Part of me will miss it, and not really wanting Sevco  and Tic near our lovely stadium ....

However it pans out ,  2 teams really are pretty much there, us in Premiership and Brechin in League One .................... the rest is a scrap. That's why beating Pars and Queens in our last 2 matches are so big, as they are 2 good sides that really need 3 points and momentum .

Dundee Utd have a wee trip to Dons to get their mojo going- Not going to happen is it. Livi also out cup have a real chance against Supersaints to pick up points that the other contenders couldn't... but Livi cant beat us at their place can they?

We have only dropped  18 points this season, same as Celtic, with 7 of those points going to Ton!!!

I don't really care when we win the League, teams finish strong, teams finish weak

Last year Ton only just scraped in, ;losing 6 games in an 8 game stretch, obviously we finished strong.....

Match our last 12 last year we will win the League with a month to spare................ IMHO no other team will join us in Premiership as cant see them beating whoever finishes 11th..  

Don't expect Dundee United  to beat Aberdeen in fact Aberdeen would be marked down as a banker. But could you imagine if ? No nether could I.