Livingston v St Mirren 17th Feb

faraway saint

Can see a saints travelling support up around the 1,500 mark. Should be a great atmosphere in the away end in what I recall being a very smart stadium.

We are marching towards the title in a truly memorable season. We could well win this title with about 6 or more games to go if we keep this up as I can't Jack and team taking the foot of the gas.

This will be a tough test but think we might just edge it 2:1.

Can see a saints travelling support up around the 1,500 mark. Should be a great atmosphere in the away end in what I recall being a very smart stadium.

We are marching towards the title in a truly memorable season. We could well win this title with about 6 or more games to go if we keep this up as I can't Jack and team taking the foot of the gas.

This will be a tough test but think we might just edge it 2:1.

Agreed, just wonder though if this might be the game to through young hill in from the start to combat their hammer throwing tactics??

Agreed, just wonder though if this might be the game to through young hill in from the start to combat their hammer throwing tactics??
I was thinking this too. I think games like this and Tannadice is what he has been brought in for to give that bit of steel to the midfield. Also we don't have a great deal of height and dig in the team that Livi seem to base their whole team on.

I was thinking this too. I think games like this and Tannadice is what he has been brought in for to give that bit of steel to the midfield. Also we don't have a great deal of height and dig in the team that Livi seem to base their whole team on.

Fair point, we are close now and today’s result helped us a bit, I just think that the Livingston & Utd games could get quite dirty and young Hill may be the boy just to break that up and allow us to do what we do best. However if I’m thinking this I’m sure Jack and James will be too !!

Fair point, we are close now and today’s result helped us a bit, I just think that the Livingston & Utd games could get quite dirty and young Hill may be the boy just to break that up and allow us to do what we do best. However if I’m thinking this I’m sure Jack and James will be too !!
The modern day Jackie Copland?

Worked then... Should work now!

In case no one has noticed we have played Livi twice (some of it with ten men)... 2 wins, 6 goals scored, 2 goals conceded.6 points.

We have played United 3 times .. 2 wins, 1 defeat 6 goals scored, 2 conceded and 6 points.

So I think we managed fine without Mark Hill. He has never started a game for celtic and has played 2 minutes in the championship is 19 years old and some of you think he is going to start in a team that has  not lost a game since December 2nd! Really? Its time for experience so I will choose from McGinn, McShane, Flynn and Magennis for the engine room with Hill on the bench as backup. 

Where I do agree is the game on Saturday will be a battle, but so were the previos two games against them.

Edited by Mr Optimistic

5 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Apparently it was never a red card and Livingston will appeal.

If we can go 17 points clear next week with 2 home games to follow, one of which is Brechin.....

JB.

I has no doubts when I saw it.

Could be wrong of course but think not.

Deserved red card.

Edited by St.Ricky

In case no one has noticed we have played Livi twice (some of it with ten men)... 2 wins, 6 goals scored, 2 goals conceded.6 points.
We have played United 3 times .. 2 wins, 1 defeat 6 goals scored, 2 conceded and 6 points.
So I think we managed fine without Mark Hill. He has never started a game for celtic and has played 2 minutes in the championship is 19 years old and some of you think he is going to start in a team that has  not lost a game since December 2nd! Really? Its time for experience so I will choose from McGinn, McShane, Flynn and Magennis for the engine room with Hill on the bench as backup. 
Where I do agree is the game on Saturday will be a battle, but so were the previos two games against them.

Absolutely no issue with your post whatsoever, I’m just getting nervous now with our key games coming up, coupled with reading the report from yesterday’s Livi game that they were throwing their weight about somewhat, just worried that they try and kick us off the park. In fairness though McGinn,Magennis & Eckersley can certainly get stuck in!!

8 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Magennis moving into the middle has made a big difference as you wrote our engine room should not be changed.

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

Absolutely no issue with your post whatsoever, I’m just getting nervous now with our key games coming up, coupled with reading the report from yesterday’s Livi game that they were throwing their weight about somewhat, just worried that they try and kick us off the park. In fairness though McGinn,Magennis & Eckersley can certainly get stuck in!!

TBH you're nervous about most games. :rolleyes:

TBH you're nervous about most games. :rolleyes:

Ha ha, I can’t deny I’m bricking myself until we have that title. yesterday’s result helped a bit as it has basically finished Dunfermline, we win on Saturday and we can absolutely forget Livingston, my fear is we get beat Saturday which would give Them a wee bit of hope and then Dundee Utd get their tails up.

All if’s and but’s I know, point being if they start putting the boot in on Saturday? We don’t want any key guys injured going into the business end of the season.

2 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

Yep we are buddies so being nervous comes with the job!! But this team and the management team are quite simply the best in the division and I am as confident as you get being a St Mirren supporter. 

United have an easier run in. They play Queen of the South (who always go into freefall at this time of the season and seem to have problems) 3 times and Dumbarton who are awful twice. But lets be honest it's not about any other team now. 

And I have no doubt Livi will attempt to kick us off the park on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would like us to try Magennis and McGinn as holding midfielder and Smith , Hippolyte and Morgan playing behind Reilly , think the pace of that front four would create problems for Livvy

Someone else who wants to change a team that hasn't lost since December2!! I'm assuming you drop the experience of McShane or Flynn for Hippolyte which is not going to happen. 

What it does show is how well Jack did in the January window when you look at what is on the bench. Much more strength in depth.

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

JB.

I has no doubts when I saw it.

Could be wrong of course but think not.

Deserved red card.

You're right Ricky (see below): David Hopkin's talking pish. Can't see them winning that appeal. Another one of their midfielders (Shaun Byrne) received 7 stitches for a facial injury last night, so they might be struggling a bit in the centre of the park.

So we have a midfield of McGinn and McShane. McGinn has started every League game this season. McShane has started in all bar one when he was rested and Magennis was brought in but even then he came on as a sub.  This is the midfield that has taken us to 14 points clear including beating Livi twice - once with 10 men. But some are suggesting that one of them is dropped for Hill - an inexperienced  guy who has never played a full League game in his life? I am glad Jack is the manager.  :)

28 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

You're right Ricky (see below): David Hopkin's talking pish. Can't see them winning that appeal. Another one of their midfielders (Shaun Byrne) received 7 stitches for a facial injury last night, so they might be struggling a bit in the centre of the park.

That game is enough to get football stopped. 2 terrible teams on a cow field.