Livingston v St Mirren 17th Feb

faraway saint

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Sounds decent enough to me . I'd watch that before Tottenham v Arsenal at Wembley.

I'd watch any Scottish football before a game from another country. Still dosn't make the Livi v Dunf game a decent watch.

Red card correct IMO.

That game is enough to get football stopped. 2 terrible teams on a cow field.
Probably our biggest problem next week will be the terrible pitch.

Imo the worst performance's we have had in last 12 months or so has been on similarly terrible pitches (Kirkcaldy & Aberdeen).

As for the Red Card that was a shocker of a challenge can't believe Hopkin and one of his background team had a go at the ref.

2 hours ago, munoz said:

That game is enough to get football stopped. 2 terrible teams on a cow field.

No disagreement from me and I paid my way on to watch it. Stats show Livvy committed 18 fouls in a match where the ref tried hard to keep play moving. Also hardly made a forward move in the match. Look at stats for shots. DAFC were parked in their half during the second 45 minutes. 

Edited by St.Ricky

FFS what is this thread turning into!! They will kick us off the park, we don't have enough height, we are not strong enough, we should change a winning team and now the pitch isn't in our favour!!!

Thankfully no one on this thread will be doing the team talk on Saturday :lol

Livingston are big, strong well organised and seem to have team spirit. But they do not have players anywhere near the quality of St Mirren! This team is on a run that few supporters will EVER have seen. Have a bit of confidence FFS :clapping

13 hours ago, Sonny said:

So we have a midfield of McGinn and McShane. McGinn has started every League game this season. McShane has started in all bar one when he was rested and Magennis was brought in but even then he came on as a sub.  This is the midfield that has taken us to 14 points clear including beating Livi twice - once with 10 men. But some are suggesting that one of them is dropped for Hill - an inexperienced  guy who has never played a full League game in his life? I am glad Jack is the manager.  :)

I don't think there's any chance of Hill starting , but if he did it would more likely be for Flynn with a tactical change in the formation. , with Hill sitting behind Magennis , McGinn and Morgan , won't happen though !

12 hours ago, whydowebother said:

I don’t think that this game will be as close as many think.

I think Saints will send a very clear message to the chasing pack with a comfortable victory.

Livingston 1-4 St Mirren

I think so too. We've had a rest and they've already used one of their games in hand and dropped points, a win on Saturday leaves them to fight it out for the play off positions. We have only one focus now... keep winning and we can't be caught no matter what, i think that's the mentality everyone at the club has just now.

8 hours ago, billyg said:

I don't think there's any chance of Hill starting , but if he did it would more likely be for Flynn with a tactical change in the formation. , with Hill sitting behind Magennis , McGinn and Morgan , won't happen though !

Aye. And changing a winning formation is as bad as changing a winning team.

I think so too. We've had a rest and they've already used one of their games in hand and dropped points, a win on Saturday leaves them to fight it out for the play off positions. We have only one focus now... keep winning and we can't be caught no matter what, i think that's the mentality everyone at the club has just now.
Think we will get a longer rest. can't see this game being on if this weather keeps up. we know how bad the pitch is there.

21 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

FFS what is this thread turning into!! They will kick us off the park, we don't have enough height, we are not strong enough, we should change a winning team and now the pitch isn't in our favour!!!

Thankfully no one on this thread will be doing the team talk on Saturday :lol

Livingston are big, strong well organised and seem to have team spirit. But they do not have players anywhere near the quality of St Mirren! This team is on a run that few supporters will EVER have seen. Have a bit of confidence FFS :clapping

No lack of confidence on my part Mr O but neither would I be complacent. Our form has been outstanding and we have further strengthened our squad. 

Livvy don't tend to leak goals even when under severe pressure. They are well organised and both work and tackle hard.

Their route to the top league, of they have one is through a sound defensive record allied to the above.

Our defensive record has improved and we have an excellent goals scored record. 

My prediction would be a cautious one.... Saints not to lose. A win is possible however.

Edited by St.Ricky

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

No lack of confidence on my part Mr O but neither would I be complacent. Our form has been outstanding and we have further strengthened our squad. 

Livvy don't tend to leak goals even when under severe pressure. They are well organised and both work and tackle hard.

Their route to the top league, of they have one is through a sound defensive record allied to the above.

Our defensive record has improved and we have an excellent goals scored record. 

My prediction would be a cautious one.... Saints not to lose. A win is possible however.

Ricky say hello to Humpty Dumpty on that fence of yours :D

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
4 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Think we will get a longer rest. can't see this game being on if this weather keeps up. we know how bad the pitch is there.

It's meant to be 6 or 7 degrees and sunny, will definitely be on.