Livingston v St Mirren 17th Feb

faraway saint

Serious question, why does it bother you so? 

Doesn’t .
If it “bothered me so “ as you put it , I’d have been all over it like a rash with multiple posts .i haven’t been . It’s a fans forum . Fans debate and participate. Like the person you took offence at, I am interested to know your opinion on the job JR has done so far ?

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Doesn’t .
If it “bothered me so “ as you put it , I’d have been all over it like a rash with multiple posts .i haven’t been . It’s a fans forum . Fans debate and participate. Like the person you took offence at, I am interested to know your opinion on the job JR has done so far ?

I am, (and its on here in lots of threads) happy to debate with most posters, but if they believe the most conducive way to engage in debate is by abuse/insult then like everyone else i have much better uses of my time.

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
48 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
Whats the question?
is it 'because Barnsley gave Ross a body swerve, is that 'Bounce' the reason we only lost 4-1?'

Maybe you should try reading the post you quoted (and then misrepresented) instead of asking people to repeat themselves.

I have really tried to answer you question, although i have struggled to understand it. What i thought it asked was "do i think we would have got beat by a bigger margin than 4-1 if it hadnt have been for the bounce of Ross getting knocked back by Barnsley?"

is that the essence of it? 

I dont get why you think its ok to abuse/insult people. 

I don’t get why you’re so negative all the time. It may be an attention thing as I’ve said previously or you may not be well generally. I don’t really know/care but thought the answer to the question about Jack may shed some light on it. Happy to leave it and watch you have another meltdown.[emoji106]

I am, (and its on here in lots of threads) happy to debate with most posters, but if they believe the most conducive way to engage in debate is by abuse/insult then like everyone else i have much better uses of my time.

Ok , fair enough. Given the fact that I haven’t indulged in such practices and posed a very sensible and genuine question .... would you care to, in the spirit of reasonable debate , let us know. Do you think JR has done a good job over the last year at the helm of St.mirren FC ?

Just now, DLBud said:

I don’t get why you’re so negative all the time. It may be an attention thing as I’ve said previously or you may not be well generally. I don’t really know/care but thought the answer to the question about Jack may shed some light on it. Happy to leave it and watch you have another meltdown.emoji106.png

That made i laugh,  could you not have fitted in some more inflammatory comments to try and get a rise? And you wonder why i dont want to waste time reading your insults etc?

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ok , fair enough. Given the fact that I haven’t indulged in such practices and posed a very sensible and genuine question .... would you care to, in the spirit of reasonable debate , let us know. Do you think JR has done a good job over the last year at the helm of St.mirren FC ?

Again its on these boards several times where i have stated I dont know another manager realistically we could have got, that would have the team where it is today. And in the spirit of reasonable debate do you think its perfectly okay to comment on a dreadful performance, at the end of a week where the players and club didnt know if there would be an interim manager in the dug out yesterday?

31 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Even though I still think we will win this league with a bit to spare( I know these posts annoy Shull so another reason to re-post again).

The way the fixtures panned out due to postponed/abandoned games United play QotS 3 times & Livingston play Morton 3 times so the chances of beating the same team 3 times in 8 weeks imo is slim & now that the play off places are tightening up nicely these games suddenly got alot harder for them, even Falkirk are only 6 points off a play off place.

I think the fact we have nearly played everyone 3 times already helps our run in no chance of getting involved in grudge matches which might happen to our rivals playing the same teams so often in short space of time.

I'm annoyed but I dunno why. :rolleyes:

That made i laugh,  could you not have fitted in some more inflammatory comments to try and get a rise? And you wonder why i dont want to waste time reading your insults etc?

Although you do read them and take the time to respond, which is nice. It must be like having real friends.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Again its on these boards several times where i have stated I dont know another manager realistically we could have got, that would have the team where it is today. And in the spirit of reasonable debate do you think its perfectly okay to comment on a dreadful performance, at the end of a week where the players and club didnt know if there would be an interim manager in the dug out yesterday?

Its fine to comment but to infer that the reason for yesterdays humbling, for thats what it was , is that JR was more interested in his bank balance  is just plain silly.  To then expect the manager to come out and publicly slaughter a team who are well clear at the top of the league on the back of one defeat is just ridiculous . The team win as a team and lose as a team, i would much rather a manager gets behind his players to pick them up for the next match than kick seven bells out of them in the media.  If they were constantly getting horsed , maybe yes but as we stand , i think i prefer the JR school of man managent .

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Its fine to comment but to infer that the reason for yesterdays humbling, for thats what it was , is that JR was more interested in his bank balance  is just plain silly.  To then expect the manager to come out and publicly slaughter a team who are well clear at the top of the league on the back of one defeat is just ridiculous . The team win as a team and lose as a team, i would much rather a manager gets behind his players to pick them up for the next match than kick seven bells out of them in the media.  If they were constantly getting horsed , maybe yes but as we stand , i think i prefer the JR school of man managent .

Its all about opinions, if we were just unlucky, or got done by a much better side i would agree. But for me it was clear we were ill prepared for the game, and failed to shore up as soon as it was obvious how Livvy were going at us.

The reason i believe Ross didnt put the teams hats on straight was guilt.. i think, and if you read his comments carefully you may agree he knows his head (and person) were elsewhere for most of last week and we were not, as a unit focused on that game. He said 'I dont think you'll hear any of the players use the Barnsley Chop as an excuse' basically putting that line in their heads.

its interesting to observe during the Sevco/ McInnes circus that Sevco done Aberdeen twice netting six points whilt McInnes was as Bucks Fizz put it 'Making hisMind up'

Edited by Lord Pityme

11 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
31 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
I have really tried to answer you question, although i have struggled to understand it. What i thought it asked was "do i think we would have got beat by a bigger margin than 4-1 if it hadnt have been for the bounce of Ross getting knocked back by Barnsley?"
is that the essence of it? 

Nope, try reading it again. I didn't claim that there was a bounce, I've already told you that.

Well here it is, and sorry i only read it the way i have commented.

"How do you know we never got a "bounce"? Maybe we would have been even worse if Jack had left. Or do you have the proverbial crystal ball and know what the performance and score would have been if he had left?"

Just now, Slartibartfast said:
3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
Well here it is, and sorry i only read it the way i have commented.
"How do you know we never got a "bounce"? Maybe we would have been even worse if Jack had left. Or do you have the proverbial crystal ball and know what the performance and score would have been if he had left?"

So where did I say we got a bounce?

Dude... seriously?

Just now, Slartibartfast said:
1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:
Dude... seriously?

Absolutely. Quote the part.

"How do you know we never got a "bounce"?

your question here suggests that there is something I dont know, but you do. 

Unless of course you mean "how do I know we werent bounced all over the park?" In which case i would have to say i do know that.

On 2/18/2018 at 3:12 PM, Lord Pityme said:
So its ok he holds neither his antics of the last week as responsible for an ill prepared team over run by route one football, or indeed the people who looked like theyd never played the game before. Its probably my fault then, or yours, or all the fans?
and tell me this..? Does the fact McInnes laid it on the line to his players make him a bad manager?

Management isn't something you can do by numbers - each situation and group of individuals requires its own unique response.

In short, you're laughably inept at whatever it is you're trying to do on here.

Edited by Soctty

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Debating an opinion on a open forum is perfectly acceptable and you are perfectly entitled to express your opinion. But everyone and their granny can see you have an agenda with Jack Ross,no matter how successful he is and no matter what he does while at the helm of our club. You are either trolling or you are some kind of serial attention seeker. Maybe you should look at what Jack and his management team have done to galvanise the club players and fans and actually enjoy what's going on at the moment, as it doesn't often happen for clubs like us. There's something special going on and you must be the only bud with such a negative take on where we are as a club at this time.  

So its ok he holds neither his antics of the last week as responsible for an ill prepared team over run by route one football, or indeed the people who looked like theyd never played the game before. Its probably my fault then, or yours, or all the fans?
and tell me this..? Does the fact McInnes laid it on the line to his players make him a bad manager?
It makes him a different manager. Ffs.

9 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

Debating an opinion on a open forum is perfectly acceptable and you are perfectly entitled to express your opinion. But everyone and their granny can see you have an agenda with Jack Ross,no matter how successful he is and no matter what he does while at the helm of our club. You are either trolling or you are some kind of serial attention seeker. Maybe you should look at what Jack and his management team have done to galvanise the club players and fans and actually enjoy what's going on at the moment, as it doesn't often happen for clubs like us. There's something special going on and you must be the only bud with such a negative take on where we are as a club at this time.  

So if i have a different view to you, i am an attention seeker..? Surely you can see the irony in people screaming 'attention seeker' thereby drawing greater attention to themselves?

as regards Ross, perhaps you missed the post on the same page where i repeated yet again i dont know another manager we could realistically got who would have the team where it is currently. What you and a few other posters seem to be expressing is your anger/frustration regarding if we've had a bad game, or the manager has made a bad decision by jumping down my throat for highlighting what some dont like facing.

thats not attention seeking, thats being prepared to critically analyse how we are performing, and what may be affecting that. Other people take the view 'everything's great, and no one can do wrong'. Thats their prerogative.

worth adding, on the way to game on Saturday i tuned in to 'Off The Ball' and they were, as you would expect ripping into Ross after he pulled out of a job he wasnt going to get, and stated he had 'loyalty to the club' etc they posed the reasonable question 'so why did you get in your car and drive to Barnsley then?'

back to the game, surely even the most fervent 'its all gravy' fan can see we were poorly prepared for that game, and what Livvy through at us, and any reaction to try and shore us up came too late as the game had gone from us.

i have supported the team for decades, and believe me a few silly comments by ill informed people arent going to change that. If they want to seek attention by continually insulting other saints fans thats up to them.