St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

It's a hard one. They want a new guy in before their relegation battle with Burton on Saturday .If they end up relegated , the new manager could be out on his arse quickly. Having said that , they've just been bought over by a foreign consortium I think , so they'll be offering big money ! Worrying times !

50 minutes ago, Ethan said:

The minute Barnsley lost their manager I thought Ross would be linked with the Job.  He is still in contact with Mallen who could sell the place to him. Worrying times ahead as this could derail our season if he goes. 

One thing's for sure , either Gordon Scott or JR need to clear it up quickly so we can move on with minimal damage as poss . If Jack's away it'll be James Fowler or Jim Goodwin to hopefully see us through. Gut feeling is that JR will stay !

It's a hard one. They want a new guy in before their relegation battle with Burton on Saturday .If they end up relegated , the new manager could be out on his arse quickly. Having said that , they've just been bought over by a foreign consortium I think , so they'll be offering big money ! Worrying times !
The Chinese billionaire owner I'm sure wouldn't waste money on an inexperienced manager that could see them relegated.

To me it's fake news.

I hope that JR makes his intentions clear to the players and board. He is well quoted for loving the job he's got and convinced young Morgan that it would be great to see the season out with us.  And. IF this article is nonsense then the club should immediately debunk it.

The players don't need the distractions, especially as our next game is against, what I would consider, our major challengers.

8 minutes ago, Soctty said:
6 hours ago, shull said:
Hope Barnsley aint looking for glory in the Checkatrade Trophy. 

They won't be - they're not morons...

Unlike the near 5000 Buddies at Fir Park last Season ?

Edited by shull

A few thoughts having slept on this....

Jack is a shrewd guy. He will know that, despite the financial incentive that might be on offer, a move to a club that is in the relegation zone at this stage in the season would be a gamble.

Whilst he remains at St Mirren, the odds are that he will take us from teetering on the brink of dropping to the 3rd tier of Scottish football, to securing promotion to the top in less than 2 years. If he moved to Barnsley and they go down, that it is opposite career trajectory. That could potentially be very damaging.

Critically, for me, is the fact that JR only really kicked on at Saints when he had a huge clear out and brought in his own players. He wouldn't be in a position to do that if he were to move to Barnsley.  It would appear that he needs time to nurture players, and ensure that they are on board with his way of doing things. He wouldn't have that luxury if he moved now. Barnsley might well survive in the Championship, but there are absolutely no guarantees.

Finally, for a club in trouble in the 2nd tier of English football, and with all the cash and, therefore, options washing around down there, would they really take a punt on a young man who hasn't even managed in the top league in Scotland or actually won anything as yet? I doubt it, to be honest. You'd have to assume that Stevie Clarke, for example, would be considered a better option for them.

This is just an unwelcome distraction, that we need like a hole in the f**king head just now. Let's hope it is put to bed very soon.

Edited by Drew