St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

They dont play Burton Saturday, no game until mid next week. Take from that what you want but I think half of engerlund is being quoted for the job. 

Only going by the report , which has them playing Burton next. I'm sure we'll know today whether it's pish or not. I wouldn't think Barnsley would be on his planned route to the top , but you never know.

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I was there - wasn't bothered that we lost as it's a shit tournament. A nice day out.

Most will agree - take your feeble trolling elsewhere shill...there's a good little man. emoji41.png

Scooty standing by for us to win the SPFL Premiership. :lol:

Really can't see him moving presently.

Once he finishes the job here of winning the Title, many many more and greater opportunities will open up for him.

These rumours will be quashed today.

Bring on  the Livy.

5 hours ago, billyg said:

One thing's for sure , either Gordon Scott or JR need to clear it up quickly so we can move on with minimal damage as poss . If Jack's away it'll be James Fowler or Jim Goodwin to hopefully see us through. Gut feeling is that JR will stay !

Fowler go with him would he not?

Depends on the money for me

Offer him plenty he's away his stock won't be affected they are struggling and it's someone else squad he would be working with

No fingers pointed at him if they go down

A hero if they stay up and his stock rises up

Just now, chalky1 said:

I'm down this way with work and the local news only mentioned  Simon Grayson last night, he seems to tick all the boxes for them as he appears proven at this level..

Aye, I think that is key. Would they seriously consider a young manager who isn't even proven at the top tier of Scottish football?

37 minutes ago, Drew said:

Critically, for me, is the fact that JR only really kicked on at Saints when he had a huge clear out and brought in his own players. He wouldn't be in a position to do that if he were to move to Barnsley.  It would appear that he needs time to nurture players, and ensure that they are on board with his way of doing things. He wouldn't have that luxury if he moved now. Barnsley might well survive in the Championship, but there are absolutely no guarantees.

Exactly what I was going to say.  He will have in mind that he actually failed to turned us around when he had to work with players he inherited. For a guy who clearly has a career trajectory in mind, taking the Barnsley job right now is hugely risky. Who knows though....

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

So, nothing official in the Sun's "report", even less in the Record's attempt and a tweet............................

RAH better get ready, already a queue of jittery Saints supporters requiring a good dose of "calm the feck down" injections. 

Indeed :lol:

Sadly, given JR's fantastic work here, being linked with managerless clubs was always going to happen. He even managed to relieve us of the distraction of extra games in the diddy cup.:)

You would think that Barnsley's owners would take a punt on a far more experience manager for the short term, to try and avoid relegation. Then they might come back for JR in the summer, depending on the outcome.

Unfortunately, this is part and parcel of have a manager of JR's quality at the helm. The timing is highly unfortunate, but on the plus side we could still have a clown like Rae or Murray in charge and we wouldn't be experiencing this problem.

No idea on how this one is going to pan out.:unsure:

Edited by FTOF

Would you consider Ross is a better manager than say Stubbs or Warburton, on balance yes. Notts Forest thought the useless cock Warburton worthy of a gig, so there’s the rub, the danger, on balance Ross is a serious option for Barnsley.
Issue with Barnsley is that they are not the place for him to go and IMO Ross will at least see this season out at St mirren and give us six months of Spl football. Assuming his stock continues to rise he’ll be away Jan 2019.
Erm, great eh !?!?
All this inevitable speculation just dilutes the feel good around the club and our seeming procession to the title.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Sadly, given JR's fantastic work here, being linked with managerless clubs was always going to happen. He even managed to relieve us of the distraction of extra games in the diddy cup.:)

You would think that Barnsley's owners would take a punt on a far more experience manager for the short term, to try and avoid relegation. Then they might come back for JR in the summer, depending on the outcome.

Unfortunately, this is part and parcel of have a manager of JR's quality at the helm. The timing is highly unfortunate, but on the plus side we could still have a clown like Rae or Murray in charge and we wouldn't be experiencing this problem.

No idea on how this one is going to pan out.:unsure:

This.

We have a manager who has achieved nothing of any note.

There's little/no chance JR will be going to Barnsley at this stage. 

Call to the Samaritans have increased 100% in the last 12 hours. 

If he is having talks with Barnsley i would imagine they would be offering the manager of their choice a "keep us up" bonus, as well as a "if we go down" guarantee if they can see progress. Given that, as soon as they tell him how much he will get to spend if appointed.. then the game's a bogey.

The reality is if a English Championship club offered him a job then he'd probably make the equivalent of 12 years wages with us, on a 2-3 year contract with them. If he 's offered that kind of deal he'll take it for himself and his family's future.

the only hope is whoever else they might fancy being asked first.