St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Good points, and given there are a few 'proven' English championship managers names being thrown around it certainly isnt a shoeing for Ross. Inam sure it will be sorted either way very swiftly. Barnsley need someone in ASAP.

but if the unthinkable was to happen, who do,you think we should target? I have thought that Johnston at Dunfermline puts out a good side

The championship is a regular firing ground for managers. Owen Coyle probably the most successful manager to make the move from Scotland and succeed (promotion with Burnley), though not many have followed and had success. As you say there are more proven managers who could even do a filler till the end of the season, similar to the job Warnock did with Rotherham last season.

I am unsure who I would bring in if it were to happen. Everything right now seems to fit from top to bottom on how things are operating through from youth to first-team. It would have to be a manager with the same philosophies, which would be hard to come by. 

12 minutes ago, munoz said:

I really can't see there being any truth to this . Jack Ross will see out this season with us as champions. After that , who knows.

That's my feeling too.

It would be good if the club issued a statement if for no other reason than to let us all move on and focus on what really matters - winning this league.

Edited by Drew

10 hours ago, billyg said:

I love the "Cop Drama" report on the right of the article.

Such is the Sun's appetite for on the spot and accurate reporting of an armed incident they lift a photo of the street from Google Maps.

Just like any manager/player performing well Jack will always be touted and in frames- Big Deal- its part of success....

Whilst we don't need it ,Barnsley and others do................

We will at some stage lose Jack and no doubt James, so its when not if......................

It wont be Barnsley and it wont be this season................... Jack stock in the summer will be huge

I am not worried, speculation on our success is far better than the opposite ....

Regardless- Jack has significantly risen our profile and that's a good thing, was only last week a few were mentioning him for the Scotland Job, it cant be ignored just what Jack has achieved in such a short timeframe................... he has taken a broken club, and turned us into potential at the top table...................

He has turned years of neglect, into a conveyor belt of talent and assets, he has put on 50% on the gate, shown that 2021 is not a curse but a fortress

When Jack does leave us, it will be what's right for him,  but for me , he is the one of  best managers in Scotland , right up there with Clarke, McInnes and Rodgers.............    

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Good points, and given there are a few 'proven' English championship managers names being thrown around it certainly isnt a shoeing for Ross. Inam sure it will be sorted either way very swiftly. Barnsley need someone in ASAP.

but if the unthinkable was to happen, who do,you think we should target? I have thought that Johnston at Dunfermline puts out a good side

Is that a wind up ?

Just now, faraway saint said:

No, like no official confirmation from Barnsley or St Mirren. :byebye

If you prefer to believe The Sun, that's you're choice.

Having seen who made the post I know who I'd believe on this occasion, it just amazes me that folk will dismiss a paper out of hand while frothing at the mouth "IT'S IN THE SCUM!!!!11111" but are more than happy to believe someone on Twitter with 4 followers posting from his bedroom while pretending to be an agent.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Having seen who made the post I know who I'd believe on this occasion, it just amazes me that folk will dismiss a paper out of hand while frothing at the mouth "IT'S IN THE SCUM!!!!11111" but are more than happy to believe someone on Twitter with 4 followers posting from his bedroom while pretending to be an agent.

As I said, nothing official.

Overall the Sun, and other such publications, print more "miss truths" than truth.

As for twitter, aye, you're not far wrong their either.

Time will tell. 

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There's no chance JR would be considered for the Celtic job in a year or two, IMO. 

It's not as unlikely as you make it sound.

Brendan likes Jack,Jack has been to Lennoxtown a few times to see how Sellic train and work......I could see Jack going there in the future.

Re the scum - I would never believe something published by the scummy rag. While it may be correct sometimes, they also lie, and have lied for decades. They have hacked dead girls' phones, they've propagated hideous lies about tragedies which have left scars for victims and their families, and all manner of other horrible acts, which make it a non-starter as a source of facts or even idle speculation.

So no, I'm not going to believe anything that's in that rag. I don't read it, I don't buy it, it's blocked on social media, and I only see when someone posts a screengrab, which is always unfortunate.

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

It's not as unlikely as you make it sound.

Brendan likes Jack,Jack has been to Lennoxtown a few times to see how Sellic train and work......I could see Jack going there in the future.

I'd be more than surprised, remember, within a year or two was quoted?

You really think Celtic would hand over the power to a manager with no experience at any level, apart from possibly a year or so in the top league?

IMO, no chance. 

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

Like someone saying on a forum there has been no contact from Barnsley?

I'm with JJ on this.

The Sun had already amended their report having referred to Barnsley being in a hurry, only to then backtrack when they were able to cite a direct quote where the club referred to taking their time.

I appreciate that you're defending your profession to some degree, but there is the indefensible after all.

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm with JJ on this.

The Sun had already amended their report having referred to Barnsley being in a hurry, only to then backtrack when they were able to cite a direct quote where the club referred to taking their time.

I appreciate that you're defending your profession to some degree, but there is the indefensible after all.

Not really defending my profession, just amazes me how folk will prefer nonsense on Twitter and forums to the nonsense in the papers. You see it worst during the transfer window with fake agent accounts.

Edited by Stu

Just now, Stu said:

Not really defending my profession, just amazes me how folk will prefer Twitter and forums to the papers. You see it worst during the transfer window with fake agent accounts.

To be honest, I reckon most papers are about as reliable or otherwise as any fud with a phone on Twitter. That's where source most of their stories these days in any event:P