St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

53 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

....And the story WAS gaining momentum, What he was actually trying to say that it had no basis of fact.

Correct type in Jack Ross into Google then click news. The Sun started it then every Scottish news paper fell into line with the same story. 

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Deary me!

Delusional as well as abusive.

So calling someone a ned in your book is not abusive.  what is it? The wife giving you a hard time so you thought you'd come on here to fight?  talk to Mr. Optimistic, he's more your type.

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

9 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

So calling someone a ned in your book is not abusive.  what is it? The wife giving you a hard time so you thought you'd come on here to fight?  talk to Mr. Optimistic, he's more your type.

Where do you start with this?:lol:

Jack is hugely intelligent indeed has a degree gained at Heriots Watts Univ.Its my view Barnsley is the wrong club for him at the wrong time.He would be left with a floundering squad unable to strengthen the squad due to the closed window.English clubs are ruthless and if relegation happened he would be out the door and the quality of his CV weakened.He will get a much better club than Barnsley to manage in the future of that there is little doubt so better to stick with us in the interim and secure promotion and then see what's on the table.He only has to look at McInnes to Bristol City Stubbs to Rotherham and more recently Neilson to MKD all three managers sacked and it took McInnes some time to re-establish himself.

22 minutes ago, Drew said:

What have I missed? :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm not sure how to describe it, but it thinks we're all Neds.:rolleyes:

I hate it Drew when, if you have a differing opinion to a member others feel the need to wade in or act the smart arse.  All I was attempting to say at throughout the thread was the report of Ross talking to Barnsley was gaining momentum. THAT'S IT. Notthing more.  I had Mr.Optimistic acting like an idiot, Stu acting like a condescending person, and now FTOF wading in as if it were a free for all. I never once said all forum m,embers were neds. JUST A FEW. 

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

6 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Sports journalism is full of fake news. Unless I saw quotes from either club, and from what I see there are none, then I would take it with a huge pinch of salt. Calm down everyone, WHEN, and not if, Jack gets his move to a bigger club we will all need to get on with it. Until it happens lets continue to enjoy this great time to be a buddie. Roll on Saturday and COYS!!

This on Pie and Bovril.        http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/15991113.St_Mirren_chief_executive_Tony_Fitzpatrick___There___s_been_absolutely_no_contact_with_Barnsley__over_manager_Jack_Ross/

So the Sun says it's true.....as someone who would not wipe his shitty sphincter with that Labour voters spunk rag I did not read the original story nor do I place any credabilty upon it.

Anthony Fitzpatrick says it  is not true.......I see no reason to doubt him.

At least this has livened up the forum a little.

Edited by TediousTom

Lots of chat regarding this on Sportsound.

Chick Young confirmed no contact with St Mirren (spoke with Fitzy in the past couple of hours) but did his usual "I understand..." and says he expects Jack to speak to Barnsley in the next few days.

Allan Preston was bigging up Barnsley's innovative, new owners and reckoned that if JR speaks to them and sees the infrastructure then he'll want to go.

Alex Rae also involved in the discussion! :lol:

4 hours ago, billyg said:

Sky reporting that JR is to have talks with Barnsley. There's a whole lot of bollocks being talked by a whole lot of people , if it's not true !

Indeed . I find it a bit bizarre . Whilst I know Jack is a great manager , there must be other guys with a proven track record at a higher level  that they would consider. .