St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

2 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Jack Ross is not the guy they need. They need a guy with experience of relegation battles. There's a guy managing up at Hampden that has never been relegated as a manager they need him.

Yeah we weren't involved in a relegation battle at all last season. It was all just a dream. :whistle

Have thought for a long time that Jack Ross will bypass Scottish football in his next move. Not sure Barnsley is the right move for him though. Even if they went down to League One, its still a higher standard than Scottish Premiership bar Celtic. If the money is right and the investment in the club is right then he may go. Think he'll want to finish the job at St Mirren though. 

Edited by lenziebud

16 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Jack Ross is not the guy they need. They need a guy with experience of relegation battles. There's a guy managing up at Hampden that has never been relegated as a manager they need him.

If you’re talking about MacPherson then he was QoS manager when they finished bottom and were relegated from the First Division in 2011-12.

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Indeed . I find it a bit bizarre . Whilst I know Jack is a great manager , there must be other guys with a proven track record at a higher level  that they would consider. .

Their last 2 managers have been quality, young, up and coming managers and its worked for them. If Ross goes there its a big potential stepping stone for him

3 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

With English football just agreeing an new Tv contract worth £4.4 billion for 3 seasons, they can afford to offer good wages to bigger names than Ross ( respectively ) factor in the new billionaire owners & I believe the job will go to a well known manager

So why speak to Ross then ?

Yep, good point

Though getting to your point, perhaps if they do make an approach it’ll be because they might fancy an up and coming manager trying to make a name for himself.

Experience with ‘proven’ managers doesn’t always yield results.

Interesting 48 hours ahead?

1 minute ago, whydowebother said:

Though getting to your point, perhaps if they do make an approach it’ll be because they might fancy an up and coming manager trying to make a name for himself.

Experience with ‘proven’ managers doesn’t always yield results.

Interesting 48 hours ahead?

I agree. Other Scottish manager doing a brilliant job in England is Derek Adams at Plymouth. Time will tell 

Jack is a Buddie, he stayed when Dundee came calling and the relationship he has with Stephen McGinn is based on their love of our club.  He is ambitious and will want to win the league, listen to his interviews, he won't walk now but whether or not he will stay next season depends on just how ambitious we are going to be.  Better clubs than Barnsley will come calling!

Don't assume James would stay if Jack goes and while Jim is a legend, he is not a manger I am afraid. 

Jack orchestrated Lewis Morgan's move to Glasgow and will know how to manage his own career which is best served by winning the Championship and then sustaining SPL status next year.  After that, Aberdeen then Manchester United are both within his capability.  Never seen anybuddie more Ferguson than Jack!

As proud to be a Buddie as Jack!

Murty stands down in the summer...so there is one job jack will be linked to

McInnes might still take the Scotland job...so theres another

ANY manager could lose his job in England...so there is a few

its going to be a tense Summer for the Buddies

BUT we go up as Champions and its ST.MIRREN that counts

Hell even Dundee UTD will be looking for a manager hahahahahaha

i dont care to be honest...the managerial merry-go-round is a joke..

i hope jack stays...but if he goes...he goes..good luck big fella..if not??? ...TOP 6 :-)

Soooo....Livvy on Saturday....1-3