St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hardie not just been loaned from Rangers to Livi, and scoring? is Shankland not scoring for fun at table toppers Ayr, have Walsh, Hutton and Carswell not blossomed in this league?

?

TBF 99% of our support , never mind JR , knew this lot were dumplings. Not one of them was fit to wear the stripes

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats a real selective recollection Sonny, that run of defeats under Ross was dire, and despite what some believe if he hadnt arrested it the pressure on the board to do something would have seen him replaced. Also the facts surrounding players who moved on, you say two are at a higher level, is Hardie not just been loaned from Rangers to Livi, and scoring? is Shankland not scoring for fun at table toppers Ayr, have Walsh, Hutton and Carswell not blossomed in this league?

yes all of them for one reason or another didnt click with us. But they are doing so very well for other managers, why is that?

Ayr United are now 8 points behind Raith and no longer table toppers and appear headed for the play offs, perhaps against that star studded Dumbarton line up.

No doubting Hardie’s but it is his attitude that appears to be the problem and Ross did not have the time to work on it as he needed guys to do it for him right there and then.

48 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats a real selective recollection Sonny, that run of defeats under Ross was dire, and despite what some believe if he hadnt arrested it the pressure on the board to do something would have seen him replaced. Also the facts surrounding players who moved on, you say two are at a higher level, is Hardie not just been loaned from Rangers to Livi, and scoring? is Shankland not scoring for fun at table toppers Ayr, have Walsh, Hutton and Carswell not blossomed in this league?

yes all of them for one reason or another didnt click with us. But they are doing so very well for other managers, why is that?

Honest to God, we really have some negs on here don't we.......................

FKING 14 pts clear, and a debate on Jacks errors, well it took Fergie 3 years to click at United, Managers don't get it right on results from day one if the actual machine is broken

There is more to being a manager than picking 11 men, giving them tactics and saying off u go...... Ross inherited a club that failed. Money, infrastructure, players, coaching even facilities were rank....................

the guy also did well at Alloa and maybe if he had been given more time he could have them challenging to get back into Championship. Lets not forget it was a shock Brechin beat them.........................

Ayr showed their true level on Sat, IF they come up THEY will go straight back down.........................

LPM you spend so much time on here talking down the team you allegedly support

Change the Record- You're Boring  

Worst case scenario. Jack does a runner to Barnsley faster than Alex Rae can plummet saints to the bottom of the league.   Argh!!!   what about all the Jack Ross Cardigans we've bought. They'll be naff now.

In Jack we trust. I think the cardigan wearing phase will last till next season at least

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Changing my Cardigan

59 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hardie, Shankland and Walsh clearly never had the attitude for a relegation battle. A clearout was necessary and  clearing the decks of loan players proved to work. 

Hardie - Left us and got relegated with Raith. Followed by once again being loaned out this season to another team below us. From what I believe, sees himself as a big time charlie.

Shankland - Done heehaw at Morton, dumped by Aberdeen followed by failed trials at clubs playing championship level. He has had to step backwards to get his career back on track. Do not doubt there is a player in there, though attitude is a big problem hence his step backwards.

Walsh - A bit unfortunate, though we don't see what goes on behind the scenes, so possibly replaced for reasons we will never know. Released almost immediately by The Rangers after we sent him back.

Carswell - Honking. Did very little in a Saints jersey, left for Iceland and now playing part-time.

Hutton - Again honking, loaned out to Airdrie and from one of their supporters i know, asked if we could take him back as he was not cutting it at their level either. Now playing part-time.

Aye.  .....................The loanees did not look like they gave a f**k.

They didn’t and that’s the growing problem.

Unless you can get a manager that can motivate and/or a player that wants to prove a point and commit, then you Are onto plums.

The more transient that players in their career become the harder it is to build a unit and get belief instilled. It’s so short term now and strangely enough I am speculating on the future St mirren manager and the next player set, rather than embracing the great season we are having. It’s so different nowadays.

At least we’re not supporting a club that is paying wages like that of Pogba, Martial, Deli Ali , Ozil etc dahn south. That really is taking the utter piss. How do you genuinely motivate multi millionaires ?? They by and large just take the huff if they get verbals.

35 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Hardie, Shankland and Walsh clearly never had the attitude for a relegation battle. A clearout was necessary and  clearing the decks of loan players proved to work. 

Hardie - Left us and got relegated with Raith. Followed by once again being loaned out this season to another team below us. From what I believe, sees himself as a big time charlie.

Shankland - Done heehaw at Morton, dumped by Aberdeen followed by failed trials at clubs playing championship level. He has had to step backwards to get his career back on track. Do not doubt there is a player in there, though attitude is a big problem hence his step backwards.

Walsh - A bit unfortunate, though we don't see what goes on behind the scenes, so possibly replaced for reasons we will never know. Released almost immediately by The Rangers after we sent him back.

Carswell - Honking. Did very little in a Saints jersey, left for Iceland and now playing part-time.

Hutton - Again honking, loaned out to Airdrie and from one of their supporters i know, asked if we could take him back as he was not cutting it at their level either. Now playing part-time.

LOY "thought" he would move onto better things

Liam Smith is a player who should be held up as an example to other youngsters when it comes to making full use of  loan spell.

Great player with an excellent attitude.

Anyway, 15 minutes have passed.... Who is the current front runner for the Barnsley job?

Whats funny is everyone agreeing with me that Hardie, Hutton, Walsh, Shankland etc didnt click with us, but refusing to anknowledge they have gone on to play either in this league or above, or indeed playing well at the top end of league one.

but everyone to a man dodging the fact ( Re. sonny's post) that we were potentially a goal and a point away from the playoffs in Ross's first season. With that god awful, wading into the stands run of defeats. Whats wrong with simply acknowledging that? It actually makes the turnaround under Ross look more impressive if the fans follow the managers example of learning from his mistakes.... 

i love where we are now, the type of football we are playing, and the fact we will win this league and move upwards, but airbrushing out the things that almost cost us dearly is a fools game. You learn from your mistakes, you dont ignore them and risk repeating them.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whats funny is everyone agreeing with me that Hardie, Hutton, Walsh, Shankland etc didnt click with us, but refusing to anknowledge they have gone on to play either in this league or above, or indeed playing well at the top end of league one.

but everyone to a man dodging the fact ( Re. sonny's post) that we were potentially a goal and a point away from the playoffs in Ross's first season. With that god awful, wading into the stands run of defeats. Whats wrong with simply acknowledging that? It actually makes the turnaround under Ross look more impressive if the fans follow the managers example of learning from his mistakes.... 

i love where we are now, the type of football we are playing, and the fact we will win this league and move upwards, but airbrushing out the things that almost cost us dearly is a fools game. You learn from your mistakes, you dont ignore them and risk repeating them.

'Gigha's Peace' - it's the name of a house in Argyll - but I wish you would go there for a while until you come to your senses!

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Classic stuff. Brilliant how you try to turn your criticism of the manager into a positive, and the last sentence we'll what can you say !

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Classic stuff. Brilliant how you try to turn your criticism of the manager into a positive, and the last sentence we'll what can you say !

You see right there... there it is.. a completely fabricated take on my post responding to Sonny who seemed to be insisting Ross got off to a flyer with us. Should we just all tell each other everything's great? Just like we did when appointing Murray..?