St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

but everyone to a man dodging the fact that we were potentially a goal and a point away from the playoffs in Ross's first season.

I'm going to need some proof to back that up. 

Also, there's no 'potentially' about it: we survived on goal difference. That's all there is to it.

Edited by Magic Monkey

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

You see right there... there it is.. a completely fabricated take on my post responding to Sonny who seemed to be insisting Ross got off to a flyer with us. Should we just all tell each other everything's great? Just like we did when appointing Murray..?

Fake News - Highly Appropriate  in this thread:whistle

Oh and LPM, we are 14 points ahead, unbeaten in feckin ages, and won our last 5 games------------------- Everything is great

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You see right there... there it is.. a completely fabricated take on my post responding to Sonny who seemed to be insisting Ross got off to a flyer with us. Should we just all tell each other everything's great? Just like we did when appointing Murray..?

Eh? Where did I say that?

It is pointless entering any debate with you as you make-up and  twist the reality of the situation to suit your unknown anti-Jack Ross stand. Why can you not acknowledge what a fantastic job Jack done last season and learn from your past mistakes?

I'm out.

20 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Eh? Where did I say that?

It is pointless entering any debate with you as you make-up and  twist the reality of the situation to suit your unknown anti-Jack Ross stand. Why can you not acknowledge what a fantastic job Jack done last season and learn from your past mistakes?

I'm out.

That made i laugh.

i have (although some seem keen to ignore it) lauded Ross on taking us from near relegation, to table toppers, and champions elect. But just like being about the only one who knew and stated clearly Murray was a fraud before he even became manager, I dont ignore it when we are bad either.

just to cheer you up heres my final words on this thread till its sorted one way or another.

IMG_1600.JPG

Edited by Lord Pityme

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

So is Jack Ross allowed to speak to Barnsley without   Saint Mirrens permission because it's been posted on P/B that's he's speaking to them today and Fitzpatrick says there has been no contact with them so someone's talking shite .

Welcome back.........................It's usually you on match days. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, elvis said:

So is Jack Ross allowed to speak to Barnsley without   Saint Mirrens permission because it's been posted on P/B that's he's speaking to them today and Fitzpatrick says there has been no contact with them so someone's talking shite .

He was interviewed today , along with a few others. He travelled down yesterday and stayed overnight. Tony must have been told to deny it for now , until there' developments one way or another !

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

LOY "thought" he would move onto better things

I'd heard from more than one source he is suffering from some personal problems and that may have an impact on how his season is going. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whats funny is everyone agreeing with me that Hardie, Hutton, Walsh, Shankland etc didnt click with us, but refusing to anknowledge they have gone on to play either in this league or above, or indeed playing well at the top end of league one.

but everyone to a man dodging the fact ( Re. sonny's post) that we were potentially a goal and a point away from the playoffs in Ross's first season. With that god awful, wading into the stands run of defeats. Whats wrong with simply acknowledging that? It actually makes the turnaround under Ross look more impressive if the fans follow the managers example of learning from his mistakes.... 

i love where we are now, the type of football we are playing, and the fact we will win this league and move upwards, but airbrushing out the things that almost cost us dearly is a fools game. You learn from your mistakes, you dont ignore them and risk repeating them.

I have no issue with acknowledging his run of defeats. It is clear though, that as soon as he cleared out the deadwood, which was all that he had at his disposal, prior to the window, results improved to a point where we pulled off the great escape.

Morale was at an all time low off the back of Raes management and it takes a lot more than tactics to psychologically raise players on low morale to turn games into wins. It was a work in progress if you like. Very few managers would have been able to turn around what Jack did last season, even the best of managers. Yes his 6 defeats in a row contributed to us pushing close to relegation, though the run we went on when he had his own team in place, not many managers at St. Mirren will repeat a period like that and in the fashion we did.

You only have to look at Yogis short time at Raith Rovers. Many were calling for his appointment prior to JR coming in. He couldn't lift his players when they start to plummet.

40 minutes ago, munoz said:

http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/barnsley

Jack Ross top of league , Jurgan Klinsmann in the relegation position at 66/1 .

What a load of shecht.

Play Stevie Mallan- Simples- they will be in the play offs in no time

Do they really need a manager?? Falkirk, United and Caley don't have managers and they survive :whistle

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

He was interviewed today , along with a few others. He travelled down yesterday and stayed overnight. Tony must have been told to deny it for now , until there' developments one way or another !

So it's ok to lie to the fans that is pretty bad in my opinion.

51 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Who is saying that Jack Ross got off to flyer ?. Nobody could have, even Fergie, with the team he inherited. Hence he had to bring in a whole new team. So what really is your point ?

In fact I would say that Jack got off to a flyer in so much as in the first few months he had the ability to work out what was required and where ALL the weaknesses were. So the impossible to achieve by results was achieved by the work he did working out how to fix the mess Rae and Murray left.

Jack Ross has done an immense job at St Mirren, even Fergie would have struggled to equal or better.

1 minute ago, billyg said:

It's a tricky business though , everyone plays the cards close to their chest !

Ha ha- Eh no though don't - everyone speculates till they blow up...................

We have  game Sat that could make us total certs........ our manager should not be at Barnsley  

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Ha ha- Eh no though don't - everyone speculates till they blow up...................

We have  game Sat that could make us total certs........ our manager should not be at Barnsley  

He won't  be going to Barnsley. He's on a gentleman's agreement.  :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43060628

So they interviewed a few "others" including Jack Ross then approached someone they never interviewed???

Think there is alot of sh*t getting wrote most of it on here.

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43060628

So they interviewed a few "others" including Jack Ross then approached someone they never interviewed???

Think there is alot of sh*t getting wrote most of it on here.

Yeah, you would never approach a club to speak to their manager unless he was your main man. Ainsworth has done an incredible job at Wycombe on a tight budget. Think last season they had a squad of around 20.

11 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Ainsworth has done an incredible job at Wycombe on a tight budget. Think last season they had a squad of around 20.

He got my coupon up last week with a 4-3 injury time win.

For that alone he should be given the Barnsley job.