St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

43 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

C'mon, Morton fans aren't that bad.

Exactly

I hope Morton win on Saturday. 

Would be good to see then in the play offs and perhaps reach the top league where I hope we will be and we can continue our rivalry there. 

But -- I like our club's one town, one team approach. I also like the respect we show to visiting fans from all clubs when they visit by applauding them. 

And -- I would be happy to do so for the present claimants of "the greatest fans in the eirld" should we reach the top league when they come to visit,

Maybe our non bigoted, non knuckle dragging fans will have the opportunity to lead by example. Now wouldn't that be good.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Exactly

Would be good to see then in the play offs and perhaps reach the top league where I hope we will be and we can continue our rivalry there. 

Morton supporter I work beside doesn't want to see his team to go up.   He says he enjoys them winning games,  but believes they're not capable of doing that regularly in Premiership.   

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Eh?

Our neighbours are a shower of glory hunting, terrorist supporting, bigoted arseholes.  We are no way competing with them, and no in way do they have the best supporters in the world.  Best supporters?  They barely qualify as human beings.

Anyway, great news on Jack staying.  Now lets get back to work and make sure everything is in place for a very important match tomorrow.

Aye, we've a few of them. <_<

15 minutes ago, porks said:

Yes Saint, thanks for answering for me. emoji16.png

The news coming out of our end and what l posted before he made his statement is that after a day of interviews Ross wasn't the front runner and he was aware of this. By 5pm yesterday both Ross and Toshack (who the BBC were both touting as front runners) were not our boards choice. Great news for you guys and surely he will go on now to secure promotion for you.

Who knows, the new guy may even give Mallan a game :rolleyes: Best of luck for rest of the season, looks like you have a cracking set up up there.

19 minutes ago, BFC 1977 said:

The news coming out of our end and what l posted before he made his statement is that after a day of interviews Ross wasn't the front runner and he was aware of this. By 5pm yesterday both Ross and Toshack (who the BBC were both touting as front runners) were not our boards choice. Great news for you guys and surely he will go on now to secure promotion for you.

Who knows, the new guy may even give Mallan a game :rolleyes: Best of luck for rest of the season, looks like you have a cracking set up up there.

Best of luck with your new appointment and hopefully you get away from the bottom starting next week. Wee Stevie may be the guy to get you there. :)

23 minutes ago, BFC 1977 said:

Good luck to Barnsley, at this stage staying up would be seen as success. 

Whether Jack was offered the Barnsley job, and how much he was offered by our BoD to stay at St Mirren, are neither here nor there to me.

The fact is, here he is staying, and I think that is tremendous news, and also a great boost for everyone going into a hugely important game tomorrow.

Time to put this episode behind us and focus on winning this league. We have Jack Ross to thank for getting us this far, and I won't be forgetting that regardless of any behind the scenes machinations.

COYS!

Ross is worth every penny that the club pays him when you consider what he had done for the club in the last 16 months or so in league positioning.  He also had to sell 3 of our best young players bringing in around 900K and instead of the team being weaker, it is actually stronger now. I think I have read all 41 pages on this and hundreds of posts and I may be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any from Top Cat  :o   Strange that  :lol:

8 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Ross is worth every penny that the club pays him when you consider what he had done for the club in the last 16 months or so in league positioning.  He also had to sell 3 of our best young players bringing in around 900K and instead of the team being weaker, it is actually stronger now. I think I have read all 41 pages on this and hundreds of posts and I may be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any from Top Cat  :o   Strange that  :lol:

Yes 41 pages! :o

The washing machines in and around the town will now be in full wash mode and the knickers will be hung out to dry for another 6 months. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, pod said:

Morton supporter I work beside doesn't want to see his team to go up.   He says he enjoys them winning games,  but believes they're not capable of doing that regularly in Premiership.   

Sounds like my father in law, a Morton fan. More than happy being in a league where they win more often than not. I really couldn't be that content in the Championship.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Exactly

But -- I like our club's one town, one team approach. I also like the respect we show to visiting fans from all clubs when they visit by applauding them. 

And -- I would be happy to do so for the present claimants of "the greatest fans in the eirld" should we reach the top league when they come to visit,

Maybe our non bigoted, non knuckle dragging fans will have the opportunity to lead by example. Now wouldn't that be good.

Morton genuinely can't afford to get promoted. How much work would Cappielow need done on it?

6 minutes ago, Magic said:

We’ve appointed Jose Morais, 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Morais 

Quite a CV, fingers crossed he likes Mallan and you guys get off to a flyer. 

PS No disrespect to JR but there's a world of difference in this guys experience. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Morton genuinely can't afford to get promoted. How much work would Cappielow need done on it?

We can perhaps afford to get promoted but nothing will compare with the past 12 months in terms of enjoyment and watching a winning team on the park.

However, IF we get promoted this season, we will likely be struggling next season to keep up with the 'big boys' such as St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Motherwell (not to mention those outwith our financial sphere) based on our previous experiences in the SPL.

Our one big difference this time is that we have a competent manager in Jack Ross to take us up one level.

17 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Relatively short contract, which is surprising. All the best, and tell him to get Mallan in the team!

We normally put them on rolling 1 year contracts. Interesting comment from our CEO

Chief Executive Gauthier Ganaye spoke to barnsleyfc.co.uk after concluding the search for the Reds’ new man.  

He said: “We’re really, really pleased to have secured the Club’s number one target from the start of the process. We invited José to the Sheffield Wednesday match and began talks immediately with him and his representatives. To be fully transparent, we ran a fair and full interview process. We spoke to a lot of Head Coaches who were both in and out of employment. The interviewed candidates were all strong contenders, but the unanimous decision was to appoint José who instilled the full board with the belief that he is the right man to lead us up the table, whilst bringing excitement back to the Club with an attacking style and goals for the fans to enjoy. 

Good luck to Barnsley. Magic and BFC seem like reasonable guys. We all want the best for our clubs.

No need for some of the ‘pub league’, ‘team full of binmen’ pish on social media platforms. But we’ve all got our roasters, as every thread on here shows [emoji41].