St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

6 hours ago, whydowebother said:

I was at the Leeds v Bristol City game at the weekend, the Leeds ‘defending’ was comical at best ( They were useless tonight also ) so perhaps he will be wondering why he took the job.

Leeds haven’t won since boxing day , so perhaps 2 clubs on the slide.(inc Barnsley)

Thankfully, it doesn’t concern St Mirren

Well it does, if we care about our investment in Stephen Mallan.  Barnsley seem a bit of an odd club, can't understand why they are not giving the boy a proper chance.  He is good enough for that level without a doubt.

Well it does, if we care about our investment in Stephen Mallan.  Barnsley seem a bit of an odd club, can't understand why they are not giving the boy a proper chance.  He is good enough for that level without a doubt.

No, it doesn’t concern St Mirren.

His question was why did Leeds want the Barnsley manager ? Not, why did the Barnsley manager want Mallan.

Caldie - only related his post to Leeds United

I commented on Leeds back to him.

The thread isn’t about Mallan at all , it’s the Jack Ross/Barnsley thread due to the fact Leeds took the Barnsley manager.

There is however a thread about Mallan if you’d like to discuss how that change affects him.

:P

• 2 months later...

I have a mate who's a Barnsley ST holder. Looks like the players were not happy under Morais. One of the worst decisions from him was the major reluctance to give Tom Bradshaw a starting place, even though my mate says him and Liam Lindsay have been standout players this season (and Bradders has a decent scoring tally). Morais would have been gone whatever the case.

I'm glad Jack avoided this. He'd have done better than Morais and possibly kept them up, but the real risk of relegation was not worth throwing this season away for.  It's better to do what Alex Neil did and take a club with the potential for top flight football who's just have an off season. My mate said they should go in for Ross again but I said when he's receiving Championship offers he isn't going to step down to L1.

On the plus side my mate may well come down to the Argyle away match and I'll head up for the match at Barnsley.

I have a mate who's a Barnsley ST holder. Looks like the players were not happy under Morais. One of the worst decisions from him was the major reluctance to give Tom Bradshaw a starting place, even though my mate says him and Liam Lindsay have been standout players this season (and Bradders has a decent scoring tally). Morais would have been gone whatever the case.
I'm glad Jack avoided this. He'd have done better than Morais and possibly kept them up, but the real risk of relegation was not worth throwing this season away for.  It's better to do what Alex Neil did and take a club with the potential for top flight football who's just have an off season. My mate said they should go in for Ross again but I said when he's receiving Championship offers he isn't going to step down to L1.
On the plus side my mate may well come down to the Argyle away match and I'll head up for the match at Barnsley.
Been keeping an eye on Barnsley since Stevie Mallan left and when they got new billionaire owners in November thought a new managerial change would be inevitable so wasn't surprised when Heckinbottam left for Leeds before he was pushed.

Morais appointment looked dodgy right from the start a manager with experience of The Championship in England was surely the route to go down(that or Super Jack Ross).

The new owner was claiming they were heading for the premier league when he took over now it looks like alot of money required out of his billions to achieve that.

32 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Been keeping an eye on Barnsley since Stevie Mallan left and when they got new billionaire owners in November thought a new managerial change would be inevitable so wasn't surprised when Heckinbottam left for Leeds before he was pushed.

Morais appointment looked dodgy right from the start a manager with experience of The Championship in England was surely the route to go down(that or Super Jack Ross).

The new owner was claiming they were heading for the premier league when he took over now it looks like alot of money required out of his billions to achieve that.

Hecky should have been gone before that. Some fans didn't want to lose him because he was a local lad, but others like my mate were delighted when he went, November onwards they had gone to complete shit.

As you say, appointing Morais was an odd one. They needed to get this appointment right and screwed it up completely. Jack would have been a good option but he himself said he didn't want talks to go any further.

Some of the cnuts on that Barnsley forum need a slapping-down.... ‘time to go for Jack Ross again, an ideal young manager for League One, yes he might fancy the crack at their Premier League, but it’s shite, so get the money right and go for him’...

I have administered the required slapping.

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Some of the cnuts on that Barnsley forum need a slapping-down.... ‘time to go for Jack Ross again, an ideal young manager for League One, yes he might fancy the crack at their Premier League, but it’s shite, so get the money right and go for him’...

Here yer a slapper 

6 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

I have to say, well I don't have to but I will, you are some piece of work.

In the oil industry we see some real straight talking people who are pretty tough men, and can back it up.

You seem to be the classic internet loudmouth.

I'd tend to suggest you have never slapped anybody, except for your own tadger. ha ha

I agree with this statement 

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Unstable club , with hire and fire rich fannies in charge , Barnsley are in big bother and JR wouldn't touch a club like that !

8 hours ago, billyg said:

Unstable club , with hire and fire rich fannies in charge , Barnsley are in big bother and JR wouldn't touch a club like that !

I certainly wouldn't call them hire and fire. Heckingbottom lasted longer at Barnsley during a dreadful run where most other clubs would have got rid of him. Who knows how much longer he'd have lasted had he or taken the Leeds job, he should have been gone well before that.

Morais was a useless c**t who didn't get on well with the players. This eventually lead to a fight (goalkeeper Townsend + someone else), and Bradshaw being benched even though he'd been one of Barnsley's best players all season. After the relegation yesterday there were players who claimed some of them would have rather played in the Conference than play for Morais.

I will agree that this job was best avoided for JR. Too close to a potential relegation and would have undone his reputation in just 3 months had he failed. Survival could have lead to better things but I think he's better off following Alex Neil's path of taking on a club with potential in the Championship instead of a club down the wrong end on a low budget.