Sign in to follow this  
billyg

St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

It's hard to imagine that JR would have had talks with Barnsley if he wasn't seriously considering the role.

It is also hard to imagine that he wouldn't have had a good interview.

I'm hoping he sees the value in finishing the job he has started here. It would be good to know soon one way or another.

5 minutes ago, Stockholmbud said:

Chick says talks have just ended update online 

To be fair, any one of us on here could make an "update online" with a similar level of truth to it.............................

Just now, Drew said:

It's hard to imagine that JR would have had talks with Barnsley if he wasn't seriously considering the role.

I'm hoping he sees the value in finishing the job he has started here. It would be good to know soon one way or another.

I'm sure we will when there's anything concrete to report.

As Div says, things appear to be moving rather speedily.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Absolutely. And if he doesn't get the job he  really wants and stays with us in the job he doesn't,   is the magic over?

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure we will when there's anything concrete to report.

As Div says, things appear to be moving rather speedily.

Aye, just a case of being patient now.

I NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!

10 minutes ago, Stockholmbud said:

Chick says talks have just ended update online 

When news breaks. No way we will here anything tonight  with Jack traveling up from Burnley he will want to talk with Gordon first face to face which is right. With talks taking place most of today ending after 7pm that is a lot of hours given that I would say Jack is off hope I'm wrong. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When news breaks. No way we will here anything tonight  with Jack traveling up from Burnley he will want to talk with Gordon first face to face which is right. With talks taking place most of today ending after 7pm that is a lot of hours given that I would say Jack is off hope I'm wrong. 

That Jack gets about. :rolleyes:

I'm still struggling to believe the idea that Barnsley interviewed 2/3/4/5 people this morning then asked Wycombe FC for permission to speak to their manager which was bluntly refused.

The Wycombe FC part is the only part of this whole saga that is ACTUALLY TRUE the rest is just pure speculation that has got (what seems like 99%)of Saints fans convinced he is leaving.

My gut feeling is He will be off. This could seriously derail our season how are the guys that signed because of him going to feel about things now. Saturday is going to answer a few questions if he does go. 

Just now, lovestlegend said:

The slightly awkward take from all this is that Tony might have been bypassed in the process. Which isn't great if you're the chief exec.

Or possibly when he was interviewed it was true at that time

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

My hunch (and hope) is that he will be thinking Barnsley, at this moment in time, is probably not right. However, he won't want to bypass the opportunity of having interview experience at English Championship level. At the same time, if he got a good feeling from their board then he could be open to persuasion.

Don't know about that but he did travel down there last night. 
Maybe he did maybe he didn't.

One thing that is sure is, if he was driving back to Scotland after his interview he would have heard that they wanted someone else but they got knocked back so if they come knocking on Jack Ross's door he knows he is someone else's sloppy seconds.

I would tell them to ram it.

I'm still struggling to believe the idea that Barnsley interviewed 2/3/4/5 people this morning then asked Wycombe FC for permission to speak to their manager which was bluntly refused.

The Wycombe FC part is the only part of this whole saga that is ACTUALLY TRUE the rest is just pure speculation that has got (what seems like 99%)of Saints fans convinced he is leaving.

It's ACTUALLY TRUE that JR was interviewed by Barnsley today , get used to it. Hopefully the outcome of this whole process is in our favour .

My hunch (and hope) is that he will be thinking Barnsley, at this moment in time, is probably not right. However, he won't want to bypass the opportunity of having interview experience at English Championship level. At the same time, if he got a good feeling from their board then he could be open to persuasion.
My hunch is if they want him they'll get him, sadly.

It's ACTUALLY TRUE that JR was interviewed by Barnsley today , get used to it. Hopefully the outcome of this whole process is in our favour .
Where is the evidence??? Come on Billy for someone that knows so much you don't really back up any of your stories.

IF Jack Ross was interviewed today imo Tony Fitzpatrick should resign for lying to the fans as that is bang out of order.

Wycombe had the right idea tell Barnsley to F**k off then put out a statement straight away informing everyone what happened.

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Maybe he did maybe he didn't.

One thing that is sure is, if he was driving back to Scotland after his interview he would have heard that they wanted someone else but they got knocked back so if they come knocking on Jack Ross's door he knows he is someone else's sloppy seconds.

I would tell them to ram it.

Sounds a bit like us when we appointed Jack Ross if you remember.  Anyway Barnsley were knocked back yesterday.