St.Mirren V Dumbarton 24th March

Oldfellow

Dumbarton didn't seem to have the legs for that today. Played well in the first half then faded badly in the second and were just hanging on when ICT scored. Tom Walsh, for example, went off after going down with cramp more than once.

They looked like a part-time season at the end of a long season. Will be interesting the last half hour or so on Tuesday night. Hopefully, we take advantage.

23 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I’m really hoping we down this mob by a few on Tuesday, one of my least favourite teams to watch is Dumbarton with their non progressive stuffy 10 man behind the ball nonsense, Saints 4 Sons 0.

We have a league to wrap up!!

Agreed.

Losing to them at home could be seen as the worst result we've had this season.

Edited by faraway saint

On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 7:34 AM, Johnny Rep said:

FFS. Thought St. Ricky was back.:(

I am.

Last five games against Dumbarton. 

Won 2. Drawn 2 Lost 1 Goals for 8 against  3

Will be there. Expect a tough game. Dumbarton are well drilled. 

Another step on our journey.

I am.
Last five games against Dumbarton. 
Won 2. Drawn 2 Lost 1 Goals for 8 against  3
Will be there. Expect a tough game. Dumbarton are well drilled. 
Another step on our journey.

Hopefully they’ll be knackered after their cup exploits Ricky, I think it was radio Scotland yesterday where Billy Dodds was saying some of their guys were pulling up with cramp after about 60 minutes.

I do agree though, they are a tough nut to crack, really hoping and fairly confident that we break them down early doors!!

Maybe bravado but I’m going for 4 nil Saints!!

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

Hopefully they’ll be knackered after their cup exploits Ricky, I think it was radio Scotland yesterday where Billy Dodds was saying some of their guys were pulling up with cramp after about 60 minutes.

I do agree though, they are a tough nut to crack, really hoping and fairly confident that we break them down early doors!!

Maybe bravado but I’m going for 4 nil Saints!!

That's until they play us, then they behave like men possessed, they always tried harder against the big teams.:)

14 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

That's until they play us, then they behave like men possessed, they always tried harder against the big teams.:)

True. They are also in a dog fight at the bottom. RichardBuddie is right about a few of their players pulling up with cramp. As another poster on here said Tom Walsh was one and was substituted.  Be great to win the game and if you like reverse the defeat to them last time they came calling. Even better if we can do so by the 4..0 score suggested by RB.

Edited by St.Ricky

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

CANNOT see that happening for a long time - they are piss poor and we are the champions - don't be surprised if we don't hit 6

Hope we do but it's not easy playing against a team with 10 or even 11 men behind the ball. Again. Hope you are right.

A win by any margin will suffice. Let’s hope we turn up with the right attitude. A lot has been said about Dumbarton’s players being tired after their cup final on Saturday but they are very adept at digging in and frustrating us so I wouldn’t bet on a high score. We are so close to the title there is always the risk of white line fever. We don’t need to try to win 10-0 we just need to stay calm and take the points. It’s very rare for us to do things the easy way anyway so another nail biting evening ahead.

50 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

A win by any margin will suffice. Let’s hope we turn up with the right attitude. A lot has been said about Dumbarton’s players being tired after their cup final on Saturday but they are very adept at digging in and frustrating us so I wouldn’t bet on a high score. We are so close to the title there is always the risk of white line fever. We don’t need to try to win 10-0 we just need to stay calm and take the points. It’s very rare for us to do things the easy way anyway so another nail biting evening ahead.

Aye much used phrase that doesn't really match this season as this has been as easy as a league campaign can be.

We're winning regularly and other teams are unable to come close to showing the consistancy to be seen as a threat.  

Unlikely any nail biting required as, like most games, the chances are we'll win. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

2-0

3863 in attendance.

I checked the site this morning tickets are now unavailable for the Dumbarton game. I assume that's because it's too late to post them but Maybe it's because we will have a sell out crowd.

What's the sketch with tickets being unavailable for a game against St Mirren at St Mirren Park on 7 April. Are we not in Brechin that day. Are they planning putting up TV Screens expecting to win the league that day or are the wee team playing the SMISA select?

Any clues on when Livi or Morton tickets will be on sale???????