St.Mirren V Dumbarton 24th March

Oldfellow

Having watched that borefest Diddy Cup Final, the one thing it showed, apart from how totally crap both teams are, the Sons do defend their lines............ after their last visit in December and the only team to beat us at home this season I will take this one seriously.

1-0 Saints

10 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I checked the site this morning tickets are now unavailable for the Dumbarton game. I assume that's because it's too late to post them but Maybe it's because we will have a sell out crowd.

I also tried to buy ticket this morning online to no avail. I'm sure I've bought day before and pick them up at ground on day of game. Will try at ground tomorrow morning.

50 minutes ago, pod said:

I also tried to buy ticket this morning online to no avail. I'm sure I've bought day before and pick them up at ground on day of game. Will try at ground tomorrow morning.

Tickets for tomorrows game available to buy online for pick up at ground.  Thou I had to use phone, as I seem to have a problem with Flash on my PC.

Edited by pod

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Only one outcome expected tomorrow night and that is a good win for us. We have competition for jerseys, a hunger to play and far too much for a deflated dumbarton. 4-0 for us would be a bet worth making!

I remember back in 2010 a certain team coming to St Mirren park with a similar attitude. A few hours after the game Mowbray was out a job.

We have to be professional about this game

35 minutes ago, pod said:

Tickets for tomorrows game available to buy online for pick up at ground.  Thou I had to use phone, as I seem to have a problem with Flash on my PC.

A simple duster should do for cleaning rather than chemicals like Flash.:rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, bud77 said:

I remember back in 2010 a certain team coming to St Mirren park with a similar attitude. A few hours after the game Mowbray was out a job.

We have to be professional about this game

The way we are playing, and now the final run in is in full flow i expect us to deal effectively with a deflated side. Being professional is knowing what you are capable of and producing that when it matters. 

Wonder why you seem to be suggesting Dumbarton could beat us 4-0, and Ross end up sacked..? 

I don't think we'll win by a big margin tonight, hence my 2-0 prediction. I suspect it will be relatively comfortable, though.

Similar to our two recent matches against Queens. It will take a wee while to settle into the match, then we will get a couple of goals (either side of HT possibly), and will see it out quite comfortably.

As always, we, as supporters, should be patient, and recognise what the players have already achieved this past 14 months or so.  They deserve 100% backing between now and the final minute of the final game this season.

I'm looking forward to tonight.

23 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

What's the sketch with tickets being unavailable for a game against St Mirren at St Mirren Park on 7 April. Are we not in Brechin that day. Are they planning putting up TV Screens expecting to win the league that day or are the wee team playing the SMISA select?

Sorry for quoting myself but I see the web site has now been corrected and the tickets are now unavailable for Brechin Away.  Are they holding back on them too because of TV or is it just that they like doing everything at the last minute. 

No last minute stuff for me today I'll be out of work by 11am  on the train by 2.30pm  in the pub by 5.30pm and then into the ground 1 minute before kick off.  Oops did I say last minute. It's allowed when there's a pint a stake.

See you all tonight.

8 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Sorry for quoting myself but I see the web site has now been corrected and the tickets are now unavailable for Brechin Away.  Are they holding back on them too because of TV or is it just that they like doing everything at the last minute. 

Sorry for quoting myself again but Brechin Tickets have just been made available online. Fill your boots folks........

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Sorry for quoting myself again but Brechin Tickets have just been made available online. Fill your boots folks........

I think the majority of folk might wait and see how results go tonight and Saturday before taking the plunge. Not many non away day regulars will be trekking to one of the hardest grounds in the division to get to (by public transport especially) if we can't secure the title and even more might not be in a position to make the trek up north twice in 4 days with Tannadice on the Tuesday night. There really is no need to buy tickets for Brechin anyway - plenty capacity and bound to let folk pay on the day.

It'll be interesting to see how the pitch is holding up. Hopefully it won't be too heavy. That said, it might be inevitable that we launch the odd high ball for our forward line to chase down as Dumbarton are very stuffy and generally pretty disciplined across the middle of the park (though could be a bit ragged after their rigours at the weekend).

Ideally, we'll be able to play through them, but might need to mix it up a bit at times. Players being able to maintain their footing could be an issue, too.

Looking forward to this, and intend to purchase my Brechin ticket pre-match.

COYS

9 hours ago, Drew said:

I don't think we'll win by a big margin tonight, hence my 2-0 prediction. I suspect it will be relatively comfortable, though.

Similar to our two recent matches against Queens. It will take a wee while to settle into the match, then we will get a couple of goals (either side of HT possibly), and will see it out quite comfortably.

As always, we, as supporters, should be patient, and recognise what the players have already achieved this past 14 months or so.  They deserve 100% backing between now and the final minute of the final game this season.

I'm looking forward to tonight.

My question is why will it take a wee while to settle into this match?

Dumb-barton are dogged but pish.

We should pound them from the off and get an early lead - that way their normal tactics are in trouble. When we add our second they will have to either settle for a defeat or take risks. They need any points they can snatch at this stage... but we are taking all 3 in this match... 90 minutes to show that we are the champions by some distance top to 2nd bottom...

We owe it to them (after gifting them 3 points earlier in the season), the fans, all the players and the BOD

7 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Just about to leave Inverness to come down for the Match. Hopefully a quiet drive down to Paisley.

Should get me down in plenty time to pick up my Compy ticket :clapping

See you all tonight !!!

COYS

Driving down that far you would at least think they would throw in a pie as well.

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

My question is why will it take a wee while to settle into this match?

Dumb-barton are dogged but pish.

We should pound them from the off and get an early lead - that way their normal tactics are in trouble. When we add our second they will have to either settle for a defeat or take risks. They need any points they can snatch at this stage... but we are taking all 3 in this match... 90 minutes to show that we are the champions by some distance top to 2nd bottom...

We owe it to them (after gifting them 3 points earlier in the season), the fans, all the players and the BOD

I agree that we should come roaring out the traps, but should and will don't always meet.

I also agree that they should be ripe for a pumping, but should and....wait, have I already said that? :huh: