St.Mirren V Dumbarton 24th March

Oldfellow

30 minutes ago, zico said:

What does it matter if a goal is a 'tap in' or not?

The greatest skill is being in the right place at the right time.

Never seen a bad Saints goal! :)

On a serious note I remember a Gary Lineker interview where he said the most important part of a striker's job was to get into goalscoring positions even if the ball never reached him.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Looking forward to the highlights. Delighted for the team. 

With United’s collapse we are only 4 points away from securing 2nd (just adding that comment for completness - can’t see anything other than the title now - we could prob win it without picking up another point!)

Devastated personally as sudden illness (it hit me at 1730 as getting ready to leave house)  stopped me and the boy attending. After he heard the score I don’t think he will forgive me for getting sick! All notes of sympathy or GIRUY are welcome 

1 hour ago, zico said:

What does it matter if a goal is a 'tap in' or not?

The greatest skill is being in the right place at the right time.

It doesn't really matter that much, Andy, but it's a bonus if it is pretty:)

ETA - on reflection, I'm not having that.

At 2-0 up, Samson pulled off an outstanding save. It wasn't just a save, it was a superb save. That warrants pointing out, so I reckon the fact that Mullen's wasn't a 'tap in' equally warrants highlighting.

Or, to put it another way.... :booty

Edited by Drew

35 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Looking forward to the highlights. Delighted for the team. 

With United’s collapse we are only 4 points away from securing 2nd (just adding that comment for completness - can’t see anything other than the title now - we could prob win it without picking up another point!)

Devastated personally as sudden illness (it hit me at 1730 as getting ready to leave house)  stopped me and the boy attending. After he heard the score I don’t think he will forgive me for getting sick! All notes of sympathy or GIRUY are welcome 

Sorry you were ill and missed the Match.

GIRUY anyway  :byebye

Another fantastic performance by our superb team. Great to see the goals being shared around too. Especially pleased to see Gavin scoring again after a wee dry spell. Morgan's two goals were real class. I was in the West Stand,  directly behind his first effort. What a sweet stroke to curl it in! Shows what this lad does for our team. Don't know how we're going to replace him.

Dumbarton clearly down and tired after their exertions at the weekend, but the mark of champions is to be relentless, as JR said in his post-match interview.  This result just confirms to the other teams in the league that we are not going to falter in the run-in. Could have the title wrapped up by the time we go to Brechin.  Can hardly believe where we are considering where we were at the end of last season. Just deliriously happy for the team, the management and all Saints fans!

COYS!!

47 minutes ago, pod said:

Have to get my eyes tested again.  I could have swore it was big Mack.

See. I was so disgusted with it that I rolled my eyes heavenwards and identified the wrong culprit. What are these duds doing at Ralston all day? Ross needs to fix this, or the title will be, erm, eh, someone’s. Fcuking boooooo!

:booty

There were no failures and quite a few standouts last night.
Smith got MotM and his all round link play was exceptional.

I thought Magennis had a superb game in the middle, and playing alongside Flynn and McGinn.
I am excited at the development possibilities of young Magennis given our coaching teams recent record.

Guest TPAFKATS
See. I was so disgusted with it that I rolled my eyes heavenwards and identified the wrong culprit. What are these duds doing at Ralston all day? Ross needs to fix this, or the title will be, erm, eh, someone’s. Fcuking boooooo!
:booty
Frankly I think we can do without folk who cannae tell the difference between Davis and TBoGM.
Disgusting

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Frankly I think we can do without folk who cannae tell the difference between Davis and TBoGM.
Disgusting

Indeed... and I won’t be back until Ross sorts out the velocity with which backpasses are dispatched towards the ginger ninja.

Hurrumph!  :D

Thoroughly enjoyed that, flew in at 2pm or so and got checked in at the Abbey Inn and dug the scarf, the wooly hat and the big jacket out before getting a lovely feed and a pint or two. A bloody cold rainy Tuesday night in Paisley, a pie and bovril and a 5 goal extravaganza. Perfect!

9 minutes ago, BaldyOzBud said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that, flew in at 2pm or so and got checked in at the Abbey Inn and dug the scarf, the wooly hat and the big jacket out before getting a lovely feed and a pint or two. A bloody cold rainy Tuesday night in Paisley, a pie and bovril and a 5 goal extravaganza. Perfect!

Oz just as long as you didn't get near the ball. Don't want you tampering with it :whistle

It doesn't really matter that much, Andy, but it's a bonus if it is pretty[emoji4]
ETA - on reflection, I'm not having that.
At 2-0 up, Samson pulled off an outstanding save. It wasn't just a save, it was a superb save. That warrants pointing out, so I reckon the fact that Mullen's wasn't a 'tap in' equally warrants highlighting.
Or, to put it another way.... :booty

Def wasn’t tap in more like a bullet ! Was right behind the goal and saw the pace of the ball crossed in low and v fast and Mullen’s finish. Brilliant!