St.Mirren V Dumbarton 24th March

Oldfellow

That really was a top, top performance from start to finish. Every single player from Samson through to Mullen up front were excellent . The subs also played their part when they came on. 

That Livi defeat now looks like a blessing in disguise, as our form since then has been brilliant. 

We're on our way.

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Really enjoyed tonight.

Loved the commitment of the Dumbarton fans who travelled over after losing on Sunday.

Great movement, great goals from a very polished St Mirren side. Difficult to compare the previous title winning team with this one. For sheer passion it would be the previous one but for sheer teamwork and not a little talent I am tempted to go with this team. Always assuming we get over the line!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!

Guest TPAFKATS

Early goals helped, great save from Samson at 2-0 also.
2 great strikes from Morgan. Well worked goal finished off by Mullen.
Should've had more but never really looked like we had to work too hard and still won 5-0 against a team that's usually quite stuffy.

If carlsberg did awkward midweek games on awful nights in poor conditions.

Just now, pozbaird said:

Just home. Not a happy man. In that second half, Davis hit a backpass way too hard, putting Samson under pressure to clear. 

Not nearly good enough. Get it sorted. I won’t be back.

Miserable Cow :P

edit to add emoji

Edited by saintargyll

I think Sammy's save was crucial as it ensured we went in at the break still on the front foot. Not sure it would have altered the outcome but it certainly would have taken the shine off a very good first half. 

I really enjoyed that performance tonight. I thought the movement throughout the team was exceptional. They were constantly looking for space and wanting the ball. A team that is brimming with confidence. Though there were no failures in that team I agree McGinn was a class act. McGennis is getting back to his best. Morgan was his usual side. You could continue with this for the whole team. 8 points and it's ours. It could even be 2 wins if Livi slip up.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Brilliant performance tonight. Everybody played some great stuff. Morgan's 2 goal were superb. One thing I didn't understand tonight was when Calum Gallagher came some fans round us booed him. WHY. He was a half decent player for us. But great game. Coys

Nah he wasnae, but he was a trier, Don't agree with booing him.

Thought it was going to be a long night for Dumbarton when I saw McGinn retrieving the ball from the net after the first goal! Fantastic performance.

Special word for Ryan Flynn who's added a bit of class. He had an absolutely sublime touch to get away from his man for the first goal and then a lovely pass through for Reilly's in the second half.