Massimo Donati

I'm surprised as everyone else at this signing. The only reason i can see him been brought in, is to possibly add help on the coaching side, though be ready to be called upon once needed. He was highly regarded at Hamilton in his coaching role, though only left the club (had 18 months left on his contract) to help ease the pressure on club finances after they were bumped in that scam.
Maybe he was the scammer [emoji102]

3 hours ago, munoz said:

Can't think of any other Italians that have pulled on the famous black and white stripes. I'm sure there must 

be , just middle age memory loss.

Should be a good signing to have about place. A wealth of experience might help in the run in.

8 minutes ago, SBS said:

No memory loss. First Italian according to here: - http://www.stmirren.info/id345.html

We`ve certainly signed a few who were Pasta their best.

From people I spoke to he was brought to Accies to replace Canning but members of their board did a u turn in sacking him. He has played as a sweeper and is comfortable but as mentioned he has no pace. A midfield general is what we need. His lack of pace is not a problem as going forward we have tons of pace. We need someone to break up play and give it to our creative players. 

53 minutes ago, Ethan said:

From people I spoke to he was brought to Accies to replace Canning but members of their board did a u turn in sacking him. He has played as a sweeper and is comfortable but as mentioned he has no pace. A midfield general is what we need. His lack of pace is not a problem as going forward we have tons of pace. We need someone to break up play and give it to our creative players. 

Correct.

Tommy Turner and Andy Millen were on the mature side and had no pace to speak of, but they were both key players in successful St Mirren teams.

I can't see why this guy can't do us a turn.

Guest TPAFKATS
Did ye...aye? Your on the naughty step now, tattie bye!
That'll be a big step given all the folk on here you fall out with.
Keep this going and you'll only have shull to communicate with.
Then you'll be hoping for voices in your head

Think Livvy was a massive wake up call and Donati is exactly what we need against the likes of them and Dumbarton. Short term contract, fight like hell and take some yellow cards. Nothing lost. We've been lacking a bit of aggression and I personally think he fits the bill. Good signing.

7 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Think Livvy was a massive wake up call and Donati is exactly what we need against the likes of them and Dumbarton. Short term contract, fight like hell and take some yellow cards. Nothing lost. We've been lacking a bit of aggression and I personally think he fits the bill. Good signing.

Aye like our last defeat on the 2nd December.  :lol:

The most important issue is how we respond and that's what will define us as champions. 

8 hours ago, Herbie said:

Got a feeling Donati could end up being here beyond the end of the season in some capacity.

Very good signing though, even in the short term.

Cant wait to see Donati chiant-ing up and down the pitch, spraying pass-atas around, and being Peppe-red to grind out performances. Have to say parmigiana of me feels he may be a bit mature, but i dont like to minestrone my words.

Theres a pizza me hopes he doesnt get unduly stressed and feel the need to cover himself in tomato sauce, mozzarella, onions, pepperoni and ham.... i dont think topping himself would help?