St Mirren v Falkirk 17/4/2018 (defo)

Lord Pityme

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I wonder if they would consider bringing it forward to next Tuesday? Otherwise it will likely be Tues 17/4. Raising the prospect of a Tuesday night title clincher at home!

Would be the most logical thing to do, assuming the international players would be allowed to join the u-21 squad the next day but their game is on Friday so they might not be keen.

15 minutes ago, div said:

Would be the most logical thing to do, assuming the international players would be allowed to join the u-21 squad the next day but their game is on Friday so they might not be keen.

Aye the might be with the squad, forgot about that. Most likely April Tues 17/4 or 24/4 then. Last two available midweeks for both clubs this season.

Might be bollocks but I heard at the weekend (from someone inside the Club) that since St Mirren asked for a change of date a second request would be refused. We'll have to wait and see.

Can’t believe that would be the case. The club couldn’t possibly be sure all three would be called up and the re-scheduled date was agreed by both clubs.

Can we not just tell the players they arent going?
They might not be happy but I'm sure they'll get over it. We pay their wages at the end of the day.

Two of the players in question aren’t ours for a start!

14 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Gotta feel sorry for Dumbarton, playing in the fizzy cup final and getting a player called up. 

Also good news Ryan Hardie getting a call and not able to play for Livi, or does he only play well against us. 

No...I went to the recent Livvi V DAFC game and Hardy was excellent.

20 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Gotta feel sorry for Dumbarton, playing in the fizzy cup final and getting a player called up. 

I almost felt sorry for the player concerned.Imagine getting to a Cup Final and missing out on it for an U21 call up.

I then discovered he's on loan from sevco......... so f'ckim.<_<

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'll leave it to the management team to decide. Falkirk have hit a good run of form. We still have to play them twice.

Falkirk are hitting form but they have also played a lot more games this year. They have, including Cup, played 13 times winning 8. We have played 9 games winning 6.

So their win percentage this year is 62% ours is 67% .................

Interesting ( Boring) Fact 34211167##

St Mirren have lost one game every month since the League /Scottish Cup season started in August.......... Aug 17 to Feb 18 . So last time we lost 2 games in a month  was July in the League Cup............ meaning 7 months in a row we have lost just one game.................. zzzzzzzzzz

St Mirren have lost one game every month since the League /Scottish Cup season started in August.......... Aug 17 to Feb 18 . So last time we lost 2 games in a month  was July in the League Cup............ meaning 7 months in a row we have lost just one game.................. zzzzzzzzzz
Even more boring my first 3 fixtures this season were Partick, Morton & Dunfermline away.

Did we ever find out who was the bright spark that wanted the game moved the 1st time ?  I feel we should just play it next week since we have plenty of cover for the 3 positions. We surely don't want to be playing any more Sat/Tuesday games than we need to.

14 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Did we ever find out who was the bright spark that wanted the game moved the 1st time ?  I feel we should just play it next week since we have plenty of cover for the 3 positions. We surely don't want to be playing any more Sat/Tuesday games than we need to.

Can you imagine IF we lost? :lol:

Better we play when we have a full squad IMO. 

33 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
42 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Even more boring my first 3 fixtures this season were Partick, Morton & Dunfermline away.

Yup its a total bore fest of a post...........

Shocking I should be sin binned

I dare say we could cope without the three but is it really a risk worth taking if we don’t have to?

We have plenty midweek slots available, I’d rather just go with our strongest possible team.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Can you imagine IF we lost? :lol:

Better we play when we have a full squad IMO. 

It would be a gamble but 1 I think is worth taken. Playing more midweek games is also a gamble since players could carry knock over from the sat. Shame someone at the club f up in the 1st place  :rolleyes:  

6 minutes ago, renfrew said:

It would be a gamble but 1 I think is worth taken. Playing more midweek games is also a gamble since players could carry knock over from the sat. Shame someone at the club f up in the 1st place  :rolleyes:  

They didn't really fuck up mate. At the time we switched we were going to have a Saturday with no game, and two games in four days against Falkirk and Utd.

Moving to the vacant Saturday suited the fans of both teams, and would have maximised our corporate hospitality take up. Saturday's are a much easier sell than Tuesday's!

It made complete sense to move it, especially since at that time Utd would have had to play on the Tuesday before playing us.

The weather came in and wrecked all of it but nobody could have predicted the level of havoc that would play.

Falkirk will give us a decent game whenever we play them, I'd rather not go into it with one hand tied behind our back.

4 minutes ago, div said:

They didn't really f**k up mate. At the time we switched we were going to have a Saturday with no game, and two games in four days against Falkirk and Utd.

Moving to the vacant Saturday suited the fans of both teams, and would have maximised our corporate hospitality take up. Saturday's are a much easier sell than Tuesday's!

It made complete sense to move it, especially since at that time Utd would have had to play on the Tuesday before playing us.

The weather came in and wrecked all of it but nobody could have predicted the level of havoc that would play.

Falkirk will give us a decent game whenever we play them, I'd rather not go into it with one hand tied behind our back.

We moved it to an international weekend. Since we knew we would have 2 or 3 players in the Scotland squad how is that not f ing it up ?