St Mirren v Falkirk 17/4/2018 (defo)

Lord Pityme

If Falkirk had not won that game tonight every one of there players should have got shot. They played against a team of players who most were not deemed good enough to help us win the league that's why they have hardly had a kick off a ball all season so I'm not in the least bit annoyed with this result but hope Jack reverts back to the league winning team for Saturday. 

Most not good enough?? Plenty played tonight who played big part in our season.Only a few haven’t. Truth team was switched off at end and prob still nursing hangovers

For all he's getting a hard time on here Hill was actually one of our better players tonight. He's a powerful big guy who is very direct and actually has quite a turn of pace.

Annoying to lose after going a goal up but we were treating it like a trial match so no great surprise. Was a bit disappointed that some players who had been important at the start of the season didn't make a better showing of themselves given they were getting a chance to impress.

Hippolyte was given motm. He seems to be a very talented player but has a very laid back demeanor about him which maybe backs up his reputation with falkirk and Livi fans.

We didn't click as mentioned by someone else I hope we get back to basics against Morton on Saturday. It would be good to finish the season with wins especially against Morton.

Just now, Hambud said:

For all he's getting a hard time on here Hill was actually one of our better players tonight. He's a powerful big guy who is very direct and actually has quite a turn of pace.

Annoying to lose after going a goal up but we were treating it like a trial match so no great surprise. Was a bit disappointed that some players who had been important at the start of the season didn't make a better showing of themselves given they were getting a chance to impress.

Hippolyte was given motm. He seems to be a very talented player but has a very laid back demeanor about him which maybe backs up his reputation with falkirk and Livi fans.

We didn't click as mentioned by someone else I hope we get back to basics against Morton on Saturday. It would be good to finish the season with wins especially against Morton.

I agree Hill put in a good performance and probably has a future at Championship level.

Quite a few guys played their last game for St Mirren tonight, and probably their last game in professional football in some cases.  They won't be missed.

Not really giving much of a f**k but to lose our decent home record to that shite isn’t great and also Sammy’s clean sheet record with the keystone cops defending at both goals.

If I was Stevie Aitken I’d be raging. Falkirk had three games to go before tonight and needed a point to secure their status and consign Dumbarton to the playoff. Two of those games were against the Champions and the other away to Dumbarton and we put out that team and lose the game. When Lennon pulled that shite last season against Ayr at Easter Road we were (rightly) aggrieved. A last minute Keatings goal ultimately sent Ayr down and kept us alive. Would’ve thought Jack would have had more empathy with the Sons plight and put out his best 11 tonight.

I reckon Shull sits in row K of W1.

When Samson saved the penalty everyone, to a man, stood and applauded...apart from one middle-aged guy who stayed seated with his hands in his pockets.

Strange game...shite first half, second half we get a mysterious penalty, Hippo almost scored a 2nd, Mullen was clean through 1-on-1, Hill had a good chance then they get an equally mysterious penalty (see above), they score a scrappy goal a minute later then Stelios showed why he won't be here next season with a howler to let Sibbald score.

Guest TPAFKATS
Mark Hill shockingly lazy for the second goal. Can’t inagine we’ll see much more of him. 
Was it hill who got skinned in midfield? I thought Donati had gone charging out from the corner

We completely dominated the game against a woeful Falkirk team. Samson makes a world class save from the penalty but then shows why we need a new keeper as he can't deal with ANYTHING in the air. And Stelios well..... was Stelios!!!

Just remember this used to happen EVERY week not so long ago!!

Roll on Saturday with a full team, full house home win and a massive party :D

We completely dominated the game against a woeful Falkirk team. Samson makes a world class save from the penalty but then shows why we need a new keeper as he can't deal with ANYTHING in the air. And Stelios well..... was Stelios!!!
Just remember this used to happen EVERY week not so long ago!!
Roll on Saturday with a full team, full house home win and a massive party [emoji3]

Samson will be our keeper next season. I’m not sure why you would think differently?

Stelios will also be here IMO. He’ll be a reasonably cheap squad player who can slot in a left or right back in an emergency. That was undoubtedly his worst game for us but he’s been a lightning rod in some others when he had a chance.

4 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Samson will be our keeper next season. I’m not sure why you would think differently?

Stelios will also be here IMO. He’ll be a reasonably cheap squad player who can slot in a left or right back in an emergency. That was undoubtedly his worst game for us but he’s been a lightning rod in some others when he had a chance.

Edited; I disagree, I should leave it at that.

Edited by Kemp

2 minutes ago, DLBud said:

All about opinions. Ours differ on both Samson and Stelios

Just back in Livingston.All in all I was fairly happy with our performance in difficult conditions against a poor Bairns side who to be honest couldn't see them scoring.Their first goal was really lucky and their winning goal was basically down to our new back four never having played together.You have to consider we made EIGHT changes from last Saturday and we can be pleased with the displays of Hill and Hippolyte who completed their first 90 minutes in a Saints shirt.Onwards now to Morton when we will see the real Champions.

Guest TPAFKATS
It was Donati that came charging out. Not sure what role Hill played or didn't play in the goal.
Hopefully that's the only time we see Donati playing for us. At fault for both goals

Guest TPAFKATS

Hill took a while to settle into the game. Done some good things, some not so good. Needs more games before judging him as he's not match sharp and the opposition were rotten.

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

Tbh up till todays game i thought stelios would have been a possible squad player for next season, but having seen the reactions of both Jack and James throughout the game tonight im not sure, looked like they were just furious with him. About 20 mins into the game Jack absolutely screamed at stel 'Get into the f*cking game!' a number of times aswell the 2 of them just looked at each other and shook their heads after a couple of misplaced passes. Then after his mistake for the second goal Jack booted the advertising boards next to the dugout.  As much as I like the guy i cant help but feel like that was probably his last appearance in a saints strip. 

19 minutes ago, Bearsden buddie said:

Disappointed for Sammy conceeding tonight, but what a save it was from the penalty none the less. About 813 minutes without conceding a home goal is an outstanding effort!

The pen save was top drawer.Hopefully buddie vision will release the highlights.There was a better celebration at the save than there was for our goal.:lol:

Sammy has had a brilliant season.:clapping