St Mirren v Falkirk 17/4/2018 (defo)

Lord Pityme

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Fully expected a few to get a run out, but to swap eight, including the full back line and most of the midfield isnt respecting the support never mind the game and competition. Came close to knicking it, then got what we deserved at the end, ironically we lost it with a couple of regulars back on at the end.

need any sort of win against Morton for the support that will turn out, and show an intent to play as champions. Will take a deflection off Sutton's arse in the 90+6 minute as a winner. 

Hendrie took the foot off the gas at the end of his championship winning season and couldnt reverse it when promoted! Lets not be going down that road again.

I think you're making way too much of the changes made last night.

It was a nothing game and, while I appreciate there were paying public, it was a reasonable bet that fringe players would get a game.

As for trying to draw any importance to taking the foot of the gas last night and what might happen next season..........................:lol:

13 hours ago, DLBud said:

Not really giving much of a f**k but to lose our decent home record to that shite isn’t great and also Sammy’s clean sheet record with the keystone cops defending at both goals.

If I was Stevie Aitken I’d be raging. Falkirk had three games to go before tonight and needed a point to secure their status and consign Dumbarton to the playoff. Two of those games were against the Champions and the other away to Dumbarton and we put out that team and lose the game. When Lennon pulled that shite last season against Ayr at Easter Road we were (rightly) aggrieved. A last minute Keatings goal ultimately sent Ayr down and kept us alive. Would’ve thought Jack would have had more empathy with the Sons plight and put out his best 11 tonight.

Why should we give a f**k about Dumbarton?

Dull football, bogey team, and bump their prices up for the saints fans.

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I think you're making way too much of the changes made last night.

It was a nothing game and, while I appreciate there were paying public, it was a reasonable bet that fringe players would get a game.

As for trying to draw any importance to taking the foot of the gas last night and what might happen next season..........................:lol:

How can anyone make too much about EIGHT changes..? Ffs I'm surprised the Spfl havent been in touch for fielding a weakened side. It wasnt a nothing game, the champions were at home, the outcome affected another team adversely. Until it was a mathematical certainty that Dumbarton were gone the competition should have been respected.

imagine if we were in Dumbarton's shoes... there would be a shit-storm on here and in the media.

ask Tom Hendrie about taking the foot off the gas! We have gone from almost unbeatable to one win in five, goals at a premium. If they carry that into Saturday Morton will revel in maintaining the upper hand on us this season.

That's twice Jack has disrespected St Mirren and the Beautiful Game. 

And twice we have lost, the first time in a National Cup Competition. 

Should be best available Team at all times in every competitive match. 

Some folks paid the extortionate price of Twenty Quid for that shambles last night. 

Should have been free for that jumped up Training Session. 

18 minutes ago, shull said:

Some folks paid the extortionate price of Twenty Quid for that shambles last night. 

Samson isn't good enough, Mullen is a diver and Jack Ross is disrespectful towards St.Mirren. 

There we have it , the ramblings of a imbecile.

It may have been a weakened team but it's not like we were playing a bunch of U19s or something stupid.

Had our best and main goalie in. Demetriou has featured a number of times this season and over the past 18 months. Baird has pretty much been a regular, especially during our CB injury crisis. Irvine hasn't been completely absent this season, Donati, yeah fair enough, we haven't seen him up til now. Same goes for Mark Hill tbh but some on here say he was alright. McShane was regular until Flynn was up to speed. McGinn - captain so obviously regular. Mullen has started every game recently, Reilly has 22 goals this season and that leaves Hippolyte who scored our goal and going by comments on here, played well.

The only ones here that I'd question would be Hill and Donati as Hill is a loanee who hasn't really featured and Donati isn't someone we really want to look at as being a regular next season. Irvine is a maybe but unlike the other two he's been here longer and knows fully how we approach games, and he has had appearances this season. We lead until the 83rd minute and some shit defending messed it up, it's not like we got humped 5-0.

4 minutes ago, shull said:

He just loves to abuse. 

It's all he can contribute. :lol:

41 minutes ago, shull said:

Good contributions. 

Full of Shull.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It may have been a weakened team but it's not like we were playing a bunch of U19s or something stupid.

Had our best and main goalie in. Demetriou has featured a number of times this season and over the past 18 months. Baird has pretty much been a regular, especially during our CB injury crisis. Irvine hasn't been completely absent this season, Donati, yeah fair enough, we haven't seen him up til now. Same goes for Mark Hill tbh but some on here say he was alright. McShane was regular until Flynn was up to speed. McGinn - captain so obviously regular. Mullen has started every game recently, Reilly has 22 goals this season and that leaves Hippolyte who scored our goal and going by comments on here, played well.

The only ones here that I'd question would be Hill and Donati as Hill is a loanee who hasn't really featured and Donati isn't someone we really want to look at as being a regular next season. Irvine is a maybe but unlike the other two he's been here longer and knows fully how we approach games, and he has had appearances this season. We lead until the 83rd minute and some shit defending messed it up, it's not like we got humped 5-0.

What do you make of Donati? Looks fit but slow. Made some good headers and was good in possession. 

2 hours ago, barrhead saint said:

Why should we give a f**k about Dumbarton?

Dull football, bogey team, and bump their prices up for the saints fans.

Saints fans on here seem to be more bothered about the impact the team selection had on Dumbarton than the Sons fans on P&B. Can't see any of them getting stroppy.

I forgot they put the prices up for games against us. If they get relegated they'll save money because they'll have less all ticket games to handle so really they should be thanking us :)

For most of the game our lot looked like a bunch of strangers that had never played in the same team before.

Minimal ball passing, lots of ball hoofing.

God knows how we were ahead after 83 minutes.

Guest TPAFKATS
He seemed to lack confidence last night and looked to be feeling the pressure from Jack. I would keep him. He has shown he has ability and he has been a key part of our rebuilding process . We need to keep the spirit of the team that saved us from relegation/ won promotion and Stelios is part of that. There will be enough hired guns coming in with no feeling for the club.
I think his lack of confidence had something to do with playing alongside Donati. He was rightly hesitant to get forward also hippo wasn't always sticking to his position.

The goal was a bad mistake from him, his defensive heading is usually a lot better... Aberdeen game excepted.

Guest TPAFKATS
How can anyone make too much about EIGHT changes..? Ffs I'm surprised the Spfl havent been in touch for fielding a weakened side. It wasnt a nothing game, the champions were at home, the outcome affected another team adversely. Until it was a mathematical certainty that Dumbarton were gone the competition should have been respected.
imagine if we were in Dumbarton's shoes... there would be a shit-storm on here and in the media.
ask Tom Hendrie about taking the foot off the gas! We have gone from almost unbeatable to one win in five, goals at a premium. If they carry that into Saturday Morton will revel in maintaining the upper hand on us this season.
Obviously you can.
Good of you to ignore that despite the changes we could easily have won the game.

As for Hendre, was it one game we played after winning the league?

Stop being a drama queen and enjoy the season we've had [emoji1303]

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

For most of the game our lot looked like a bunch of strangers that had never played in the same team before.

Minimal ball passing, lots of ball hoofing.

God knows how we were ahead after 83 minutes.

Apart from the Dumbarton game, we've played like that a lot recently. I think winning the league is masking some weird performances. Hopefully a good performance at the weekend. We're so much better when we get the ball down and play, rather than long diagonal balls.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Obviously you can.
Good of you to ignore that despite the changes we could easily have won the game.

As for Hendre, was it one game we played after winning the league?

Stop being a drama queen and enjoy the season we've had emoji1303.png

You think pointing out we played a team that had never played together is being a drama queen! Lets hope come Saturday evening the penny has dropped and we field a team that actually no each other, to win the local derby. If we dont, then you'll see some proper drama queens on here.

For me..you make sensible points Cornwall and despite my own misgivings when I heard there were 7 changes I felt that we managed the game well until the 83rd  minute. Falkirk had every reason to be fired up as a point more or less made them safe and a win certainly would/did. Not that anyone cares but I did post about the difficulties of playing teams in the run in who might have more to play for than pride. Morton are more or less out of things now..but not definitively whilst Falkirk are now safe.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

What do you make of Donati? Looks fit but slow. Made some good headers and was good in possession. 

As someone who only gets to see us on tv and highlights it would be unfair of me to make any sort of judgement on Donati (especially as yesterday was his first start). If he features on Saturday I'll see him then, but if Accies were happy enough to let him go he probably isn't good enough for the SPL anymore. That being said, I'm sure it's been said on here it's more about the coaching side with him, and providing the cover for releasing Buchanan as we had 3 decent CBs anyway.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You think pointing out we played a team that had never played together is being a drama queen! Lets hope come Saturday evening the penny has dropped and we field a team that actually no each other, to win the local derby. If we dont, then you'll see some proper drama queens on here.

How many games did Hendrie "take the foot off the gas" ?

How in the hell did this have any effect on the following season? :lol:

Dear oh dear, any reason to have a go at the manager, time you had a new hobby. :byebye

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Stop being a drama queen and enjoy the season we've had emoji1303.png

It must be quite a sad existence when you can't fully appreciate the joy of your team winning a league because of your hatred of the manager and/or certain members of the playing staff.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

Having rewatched the highlights, I would be less critical of Hill at the second goal. My initial reaction watching it at the time, was that he had been lazy and just stopped tracking back, but in fairness I think he just assumed that Stelios was going to get his head on the ball and clear it.

I can understand why people might have thought he had a decent game because he had 2 or 3 penetrating runs but on every occasion his touch let him down badly. In fact his touch was pretty poor throughout the game.

What I will give him credit for though is being quicker than I would have expected. To me he looked fat, but when he got going he covered the ground pretty quickly.