Great St Mirren Games from the Past (Won or Lost)

10 minutes ago, ironsaints87 said:

Thanks Shull emoji4.pnghappy memories now I need find the programme on eBay

I haven't got a copy available, but there is one here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/St-Mirren-v-Dundee-United-1980-1981/350402252505?hash=item51959a0ed9:g:3oQAAOxy79JRiIXm

8 minutes ago, bonzoboys said:

Does anybody remember a game at Ibrox where we won 4-1 with Aly McLeod scoring all 4? I think it was a mid week League Cup game in mid 70’s

I was there.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1972&GameID=197208230

They pumped us 4-0 at LS the week before.

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The first home game against Rangers in 77 was a cracker too.

0-1 down

2-1 up

2-3 down

finished 3-3.

Maybe it's an age thing but did McGarvey get one chalked off in that game at 2-1 and the big animal  Forsyth get sent off ?

Edited by stlucifer

Does anyone else remember being at Parkhead when Alex Beckett scored a screamer to win the game 2..1 ? I was in the main stand with my two sons and two of their pals on complementary tickets from  the then Celtic manager.A Celtic fan complained that the boys celebrations were too loud and added...this is true..."I come here for peace and quiet" Happy Days

26 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Does anyone else remember being at Parkhead when Alex Beckett scored a screamer to win the game 2..1 ? I was in the main stand with my two sons and two of their pals on complementary tickets from  the then Celtic manager.A Celtic fan complained that the boys celebrations were too loud and added...this is true..."I come here for peace and quiet" Happy Days

For me it was

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/1977-12-17%3A+St+Mirren+3-3+Celtic%2C+Premier+League

Was my first year as a Saints supporter. Big Jackie sent off at 1-1, then we go 3-1 up, only to pull back late on................ and that's after we had already drawn 3-3 each with Gers. Incidentally- that was the only point Tic took off us that season, we won 2-1 twice at Parkhead and 3-1 at Love Street.................

Ok Jack that's the Bar for next season :P

7 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Maybe it's an age thing but did McGarvey get one chalked off in that game at 2-1 and the big animal  Forsyth get sent off ?

Don't specifically remember either of those two things but that's not to say they didn't happen.

My other main memory of that match was the carnage at half time out the back of the North Bank. The manky mob were launching hawf bricks from their bogs into the St. Mirren bogs. Could be wrong, but I think it was that incident that led to the wire mesh roof being fitted above both sets of bogs.

21 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

For me it was

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/1977-12-17%3A+St+Mirren+3-3+Celtic%2C+Premier+League

Was my first year as a Saints supporter. Big Jackie sent off at 1-1, then we go 3-1 up, only to pull back late on................ and that's after we had already drawn 3-3 each with Gers. Incidentally- that was the only point Tic took off us that season, we won 2-1 twice at Parkhead and 3-1 at Love Street.................

Ok Jack that's the Bar for next season :P

That was indeed a magnificent game for the neutral, but it wouldn't make it into my top 5 on account of it being so effin heartbreaking to throw away a 2 goal lead in the last 10 minutes.

7 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

6 hours ago, HSS said:

I was there. Fecking awesome goal. I thought my dodgey memory might have distorted it into something better than it actually was but that's as good as it gets. Feck did Beckett have that much hair. My memory is going.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That was indeed a magnificent game for the neutral, but it wouldn't make it into my top 5 on account of it being so effin heartbreaking to throw away a 2 goal lead in the last 10 minutes.

Stop being picky :D It was great entertainment................... and some punch by Jackie

23 hours ago, bonzoboys said:

Does anybody remember a game at Ibrox where we won 4-1 with Aly McLeod scoring all 4? I think it was a mid week League Cup game in mid 70’s

Unfortunately I was at the reverse fixture where we lost 4-0.

I think Ally is the only player ever to score four against The Oldco at Ibrox. A record that is now impossible to take from him.

Edited by stlucifer

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Unfortunately I was at the reverse fixture where we lost 4-0.

I think Ally is the only player ever to score four against The Oldco at Ibrox. A record that is now impossible to take from him.

Did Bobby McKean move to rangers from us not long after that? ( i think im wrong)

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

He's not.  Alan Gilzean scored 4 in a 5-1 win for Dundee at Ibrox the season Dundee won the league, 1961/62

I stand corrected. I'm too young to remember this auld yin. :D

Well that makes him the last EVER to do it.