Livvi v United -What's your best outcome?

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

So a discussion regarding a result between two of our rivals and how it affects us, has been railroaded into criticising our manager because he let a player go back to his parent club, when he signed 10 players that miraculously kept is in the league.

A manager who has had us top of the league for the past couple of months by a significant margin.

What sort of "man" would do that, and then bask in the success created by the aforementioned manager?:rolleyes:

I find it truly incredible that the majority of this forum doesn't have the dribbling simpleton on ignore.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Following the thinking espoused by some on here they seem to be saying we wont miss Morgan and Liam Smith when their loan spells end.... feck me football fans are fickle!

Difference though and believe it or not its a quite important one, is that Morgan and Smith are performing consistently and will be missed. 

Hardie was a waste of a jersey and a passenger in about 16 appearances for us and certainly wasn't missed, especially when his replacement last season came in and performed admirably. Just like Shankland was, just like Walsh was. Both have gone on to do relatively well at other clubs but I don't pine for either. 

Of all the hills to die on, you truly pick a strange one in criticising the manager for not keeping a player who stayed for the duration of his loan then returned to his parent club after it didn't work out.  I'm sure his reasons for not pursuing a loan extension were well justified and probably validated by the events over the second half of last season. 

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Hardy didn't look interested when with us on loan. Seemed to think he was too good for the likes of St. Mirren. He  was subsequently let go by his parent club and probably bfelt he had to up his game to get a gig. It happens on a regular basis. Jack had to go with the assumption Hardie would have been, once again, an uninterested loanee. 

When was Hardie let go by his parent club..? He's still a ***!

Livi looked like they were settling for a point as the game was coming to a conclusion.... I don't think they really believe they have a chance of winning the league.

Anyway, that's United out of it surely with a quarter of the season still to go. Who would have thought that at Christmas?

A win for us tomorrow and Livi dropping points in their game at hand at Cappielow on Tuesday and I think we're just about there.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Whoever said that? We were talking about Hardie banging in goals against us, and tonight keeping his team in the hunt.

My quote wasnt aimed at you or what you were talking about

it was a general quote from me on how things stand after the result tonight

paranoid much? :P

the bottom line for us is OUR games...

that said Hardie was a good one we let slip, why is that so hard to take for some? Feck me Hearts let Reilly slip, and Aberden let Cammy slip... get over it, our manager, like others doesn't call them all right!

(will try again) ... Would you pick Hardie ahead of either Reilly or Smith?

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

the bottom line for us is OUR games...

that said Hardie was a good one we let slip, why is that so hard to take for some? Feck me Hearts let Reilly slip, and Aberden let Cammy slip... get over it, our manager, like others doesn't call them all right!

Reilly and Smith were both fully signed players at both those clubs.  Hardie is a Rangers player and it will be them who will let him slip if he ends up elsewhere on a permanent deal.

Just now, saintargyll said:

(will try again) ... Would you pick Hardie ahead of either Reilly or Smith?

Well he's not in our squad so realistically its a hypothetical question. 

Would i pick Dobbie ahead of Sutton, or Flood ahead of McGinn...?  You cant answer it, unless it is a real choice.

however would Reilly & Smith be first choices ahead of Hardie on current form??? Again its immaterial.

1 minute ago, scottd said:

Reilly and Smith were both fully signed players at both those clubs.  Hardie is a Rangers player and it will be them who will let him slip if he ends up elsewhere on a permanent deal.

Sorry Smith, Reilly and Hardie were all on loan to begin with. We negotiated two of them to sign, and passed on the other.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Would i pick Dobbie ahead of Sutton, or Flood ahead of McGinn...?  You cant answer it, unless it is a real choice.

however would Reilly & Smith be first choices ahead of Hardie on current form??? Again its immaterial.

Are you a politician? 

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

In other words, no you wouldn't

Just now, saintargyll said:

Are you a politician? 

No, but c'mon its not really a question as we arent in that situation. Hardie was here, much is made of Ross getting the best out of young players. It would seem he couldnt, or wouldnt with Hardie. We moved on, but the fact remains the boy is doing it for club and country, like our boys. Whats the problem just recognising that? 

No, but c'mon its not really a question as we arent in that situation. Hardie was here, much is made of Ross getting the best out of young players. It would seem he couldnt, or wouldnt with Hardie. We moved on, but the fact remains the boy is doing it for club and country, like our boys. Whats the problem just recognising that? 

Well .... its a simple answer really...you mention that Jack Ross had a choice and he made it..he picked Reilly and smith as his strike force and to-date he has been proven RIGHT

Hardie has done well in his last 5 or 6 games...Reilly (20) and Smith (11) goals have done it all season

where is your argument in all honesty?

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

No in the real world it aint an option.

How does a manager go about signing any players at all then. Managers look at players at other teams they are interestied in and think "hmm is that player up to or better than the standard of our current team and would he be better suited to players currently playing in those positions" they compared the players in the current positions to those they are interested in signing and if they feel they are better suited they would try and sign them