Believe

bud77

Yes, it's an old one but it worked 5 years ago and we, the fans, the players, the management and the board all need to believe.

I noticed yesterday that a nervousness crept in, the drum stopped, the singing stopped, the support stopped urging the team on the way we have been for the last 14 months or so.  Now we need to believe that we can win this league and urge the team on, back the squad and managment and support them when thinsg aren't going as well as we'd like. We need to be the 12th man home and away, lift the players for this last set of games.

As things stand 7 wins is all it will take and I for one would love it if we could get the team over the line in the next 7 games because the 8th game is at home and it's against our Greenock friends. How good would that be going into that game as champions, having a guard of honour and being presented with the trophy.

6 hours ago, bud77 said:

Yes, it's an old one but it worked 5 years ago and we, the fans, the players, the management and the board all need to believe.

I noticed yesterday that a nervousness crept in, the drum stopped, the singing stopped, the support stopped urging the team on the way we have been for the last 14 months or so.  Now we need to believe that we can win this league and urge the team on, back the squad and managment and support them when thinsg aren't going as well as we'd like. We need to be the 12th man home and away, lift the players for this last set of games.

As things stand 7 wins is all it will take and I for one would love it if we could get the team over the line in the next 7 games because the 8th game is at home and it's against our Greenock friends. How good would that be going into that game as champions, having a guard of honour and being presented with the trophy.

Spot on..."I'm a believer"

The more noisy support the better.

Keep drumming guys.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

What our eighth game will be depends on when we play the rearranged game against Dumbarton. For our eighth game, we could be playing Dumbarton, Livingston or Morton. That is, of course, assuming that we don't have to rearrange any other games, e.g. the already rearranged game against Falkirk due to international call-ups.

I like your thinking, though.

But wouldn't it be sweet if we were to get the trophy on the day we play Morton. 

1 hour ago, smcc said:

Actually it was Neil Diamond who said it!

Whilst l'm aware that Neil wrote said song , the Monkees did say it in the post that I made and also the Monkees had a bigger hit with it which was often  the case with some of the covers of Neil's songs as I believe that , UB40 took Red , Red , Wine to number one but there is nothing wrong with being pedantic , is there. .:P

Belief is a funny old thing and I do not see the relevence of discussing belief at this time.  Belief and knowledge are two very different things.  To illustrate this point I shall list some things that I believe and some things that I know

Things I know

How to play Jenga

God does not exist.  

Labour are incompetent fools who are an embarassment to democracy and to the founding principles of Keir Hardie

People from Greenock smell

Rangers football club died in 2012

The Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad will win the championship and be promoted to "the tap league".

Things I believe

Cosmos is the best chippy in Paisley

Shull is a fruitcake (a likable one but at the moon he doth bark)

Paisley should have won the city of clulture bid and the faceless judges are so stupid they probably vote Labour

Donald Trump is so stupid if he were British he would vote Labour

So you see the difference between fact and belief?  Or fact and faith?  Belief/faith is just an opinion, we all have them but belief/faith is unimportant when compared to knowledge.  Knowledge is king.  So in essence I dont give a rats arse what the belief/opinion of fellow supporters are with regard to us winning the championship.  As I have stated elsewhere on this little forum of ours I DO NOT BELIEVE that we will win this league.  I KNOW WE WILL.  We will indeed.

Belief transcends knowledge in my opinion. Belief takes over when anything cannot be proved.  I believe we will win the title based on experience this season and the fact that others who have been so far ahead at this stage and in similar for went on to win. True but this is indicative only. Fact takes over when arithmetic shows that we have a number of points which cannot be achieved by any other team in the league. Basic, I know, but any other approach is based on informed judgement or belief. .maybe these are one and the same in this instance.

Belief transcends knowledge in my opinion. Belief takes over when anything cannot be proved.  I believe we will win the title based on experience this season and the fact that others who have been so far ahead at this stage and in similar for went on to win. True but this is indicative only. Fact takes over when arithmetic shows that we have a number of points which cannot be achieved by any other team in the league. Basic, I know, but any other approach is based on informed judgement or belief. .maybe these are one and the same in this instance.
I don't know if this is true but I believe you Ricky.

54 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I don't know if this is true but I believe you Ricky.

I know it's fact but I still think he's a pseudo intellectual, sanctimonious ass whose main aim appears to be to post/thread build in competition with that other post building ass.

Edited by stlucifer