Winter Anarchy

Bud the Baker

15 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Hey Ian , you haven't tried to get the van out of the street by the looks. .:huh:

There is no transport running on the island buses and taxis are all off. I get a lot of stuff direct from the farm its snowed in. Bidfood delivery should be today but both ferry's are off. A few customers v electric power is not worth it Neil. 

18 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Are you gonna turn a wheel today , John. .

Not at the moment,that's for sure.

There were loads of good hires yesterday including loads to Edinburgh Airport and 1 to Penrith but they stop becoming good hires when they take hours extra to complete.

Well I got bread today out of Aldi in Renfrew this morning so will just dip that into my beers and I will be ok.  :rolleyes:   8" of snow on Renfrew High St with most car grinding to a halt at the corner of Andrew Rd so avoid if possible.

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

Not at the moment,that's for sure.

There were loads of good hires yesterday including loads to Edinburgh Airport and 1 to Penrith but they stop becoming good hires when they take hours extra to complete.

Indeed, with the buses off it doesn't help to get the roads opened up either . There was a wee snawplough in my street last night for the first time ever I reckon but now looking out you would never know it has been . With the wind wiping up and the snap being powdery , it is starting to drift . .

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There is no transport running on the island buses and taxis are all off. I get a lot of stuff direct from the farm its snowed in. Bidfood delivery should be today but both ferry's are off. A few customers v electric power is not worth it Neil. 

Aye big yin , it is no funny at all . It looks like the Amber warning is on till 18:00 and then we should be over the brunt of it which is good. .

1 minute ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Aye big yin , it is no funny at all . It looks like the Amber warning is on till 18:00 and then we should be over the brunt of it which is good. .

Aye but when is the snow going to clear?

56 minutes ago, HSS said:

Aye but when is the snow going to clear?

That is the pertinent question , John. Just heard that the Amber warning has now been extended to 10am Friday instead of 18.00 tonight. .

I haven't seen it as a bad as this for about 8yrs and that was earlier in the year , we are now into March today and it wouldn't normally be this bad in March. .fortunately , i don't eat bread. .