Winter Anarchy

Bud the Baker

26 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There was one guy interviewed who said, "It wasn't that bad, until we got to here (M80),  when it just came down".

That's why you were told not to travel, unless it was essential.<_<

And yes, I did shout at the TV.

One blamed the emergency services and everybody else, except for himself.   

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

In amongst all the utter stupidity of people taking a chance driving, although some people are under pressure from work, there have been some heartwarming stories of people going to extreme lengths to help people stranded or in difficulty.

The world has some decent people after all. 

Don't know about that , I phoned a takeaway and its still not turned up:angry:

A wee word of warning.

Anybuddie who is out walking today should keep as near to the road as possible as giant icicles are falling from buildings now that the thaw is setting in.

Seen a wad falling in Neilston Rd which missed a wee wummin by inches.Widnae surprise me if she shat herself.:lol:

18 minutes ago, HSS said:

A wee word of warning.

Anybuddie who is out walking today should keep as near to the road as possible as giant icicles are falling from buildings now that the thaw is setting in.

Seen a wad falling in Neilston Rd which missed a wee wummin by inches.Widnae surprise me if she shat herself.:lol:

1 came off my building yesterday and it must have been at least 2 ft long. It was above some bushes so no harm was done but it was scary looking. Your bin been emptied yet  ?

A wee word of warning.

Just had that chat with my son , a whole row of houses had seriously large icicles waiting for victims full length of each house, people who haven’t ventured out in last day or so may get an unexpected surprise :o

1 hour ago, Thorizaar said:

Never understood why bread and milk appear to be so critical that folk can't go a couple of days without them.

Indeed.

I just put Irn Bru in my tea and spread Dairylea on Doritos, when I run out of milk and bread.

Been heartwarming to hear the stories of the selfless people who have helped out their communities and strangers amid the adverse weather conditions in the past few days.
However, I have been absolutely disgusted to witness the greedy, selfish behaviour of a lot of people in supermarkets.
Next time you load your trolley with 14 loaves and 12 litres of milk, please stop and think of the folk who have struggled to get to a store...only to find empty shelves.
Supermarkets can place a restriction on the quantities customers can buy on their "special offers", so why can't they do the decent thing and apply these restrictions when there are going to be shortages.
Hope their bread goes mouldy and their milk turns soor.

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Been heartwarming to hear the stories of the selfless people who have helped out their communities and strangers amid the adverse weather conditions in the past few days.
However, I have been absolutely disgusted to witness the greedy, selfish behaviour of a lot of people in supermarkets.
Next time you load your trolley with 14 loaves and 12 litres of milk, please stop and think of the folk who have struggled to get to a store...only to find empty shelves.
Supermarkets can place a restriction on the quantities customers can buy on their "special offers", so why can't they do the decent thing and apply these restrictions when there are going to be shortages.
Hope their bread goes mouldy and their milk turns soor.

Thank you Mother Teresa.  :byebye