Owen Coyle Resigns

Drew

6 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

absolutely Mickey mouse club,1000 fans,max,another Gretna in my eyes with sugar daddy funding them,they be in trouble when he chucks it or passes away

If they do go down this season it will be interesting to see if uncle Roy keeps up the level of financial commitment.

If they do go down this season it will be interesting to see if uncle Roy keeps up the level of financial commitment.

I’ve said on previous threads, Uncle Roy has put a helluva lot of money into County and their academy and the word up there is he is getting a wee bit impatient about the lack of return , not financial but on the players front.
He also has seen his and his family’s fortune take a severe dip , latest figures have his personal wealth having slipped to a mere £100 million.
Perhaps a wee spell in the championship may be a Good thing for them , force them to bring through more junior teuchtars and get the local derby back on the agenda. I fancy Sneckie also may well be settling in for a prolonged spell in the championship.

15 hours ago, paul torfason said:

absolutely Mickey mouse club,1000 fans,max,another Gretna in my eyes with sugar daddy funding them,they be in trouble when he chucks it or passes away

Spirit of the community??? Dingwall has 3000 population, hardly a Gretna. County have risen and contributed greatly. U could say many clubs have sugar daddys but not with the same grace and longstanding of Roy......... Well respected in our game

Check out the Marr Brothers, Livingston under that Italian Dude or even the mighty Sevco, now that's throwing money into a hole

Edited by DougJamie

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, DougJamie said:

Spirit of the community??? Dingwall has 3000 population, hardly a Gretna. County have risen and contributed greatly. U could say many clubs have sugar daddys but not with the same grace and longstanding of Roy......... Well respected in our game

Check out the Marr Brothers, Livingston under that Italian Dude or even the mighty Sevco, now that's throwing money into a hole

Yeah.

I had great "respect" for him when he emptied his sizeable pockets to buy Ross County out of relegation at our expense.

IMO ,their financial model is no better than the clubs that you mention latterly.

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:20 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Spot on, this post deserves two likes!

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, FTOF said:

Yeah.

I had great "respect" for him when he emptied his sizeable pockets to buy Ross County out of relegation at our expense.

IMO ,their financial model is no better than the clubs that you mention latterly.

Totally disagree, but that's allowed on here

We brought in 11 players last Jan, and I would like to think it was our MANAGER, that kept us up.....

To put County with Sevco, Dundee and Gretna is comical...............and shows limited knowledge .

For a start, they have never been in financial trouble, they clearly live within their means, and they are supported by a very wide community over the North of Scotland . They also develop their own players.

I would have loved a Roy instead of a BOD that wanted out. And its his money, if he wants to support his local community then why the hell shouldn't he...........

One of the good guys in our game, at a time when we still have crooks involved. Like the Eastons waiting in the wings at Ton, and obviously King Tredding muddy water at Sevco...

Ross County stayed up, because we appointed Teale and went in spend no money mode. Feck we even got that diddy that couldn't even get into their first team as our coup that Jan .................

Like to think Saints fans have a slightly less blinkered view, mind u with the handle FTOF it kind of shows what ur made of,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

We brought in 11 players last Jan, and I would like to think it was our MANAGER, that kept us up.....

To put County with Sevco, Dundee and Gretna is comical...............and shows limited knowledge .

For a start, they have never been in financial trouble, they clearly live within their means, and they are supported by a very wide community over the North of Scotland . They also develop their own players.

I would have loved a Roy instead of a BOD that wanted out. And its his money, if he wants to support his local community then why the hell shouldn't he...........

One of the good guys in our game, at a time when we still have crooks involved. Like the Eastons waiting in the wings at Ton, and obviously King Tredding muddy water at Sevco...

Ross County stayed up, because we appointed Teale and went in spend no money mode. Feck we even got that diddy that couldn't even get into their first team as our coup that Jan .................

Like to think Saints fans have a slightly less blinkered view, mind u with the handle FTOF it kind of shows what ur made of,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We lost £266k that season, the BoD were quite right to go into "no spend mode" - I have no figures for RC to compare but I strongly suspect their football revenue would not have equalled (or even  nearly equalled!) their outgoings, as ever it all came down to money.

Its unlikely Uncle Roy will leave them in the lurch but he's 64 and who knows if his largesse will last beyond his tenure? Look at Morton's forum and the near-continuous debate about what will happen when their octogenarian sugar-daddy is no longer around.

(or even  nearly equalled!) - an online search shows they lost £1.635M that season! :whistle

Moving slightly off topic like in the Dundee thread Morton are an example of fan shareholding being diluted by an overspending chairman converting loans into share capital - eat the rich! An interesting aside, it even happened at Saints (much to the displeasure of scoop1987)!

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

We lost £266k that season, the BoD were quite right to go into "no spend mode" - I have no figures for RC to compare but I strongly suspect their football revenue would not have equalled (or even  nearly equalled!) their outgoings, as ever it all came down to money.

Its unlikely Uncle Roy will leave them in the lurch but he's 64 and who knows if his largesse will last beyond his tenure? Look at Morton's forum and the near-continuous debate about what will happen when their octogenarian sugar-daddy is no longer around.

Moving slightly off topic like in the Dundee thread Morton are an example of fan shareholding being diluted by an overspending chairman converting loans into share capital - eat the rich! An interesting aside, it even happened at Saints (much to the displeasure of scoop1987)!

I think we are agreeing in a round about way................. this is Scotland. Any team with true ambition needs private investment. Its how they get that investment that begs some questions...

So that's why Roy CANT be under the same banner as Murray, Marrs , and the like...................

Even our own Naismith has blossomed at County, I think they are a fab wee club,  double Accies support, however I doubt we will play them next season  ..............

Replying on I phone so a sod to pick individual quotes . Overall : Ross county live within their means ? Nonsense . Their means would not have allowed getting the academy off the ground without Roy’s money . As for the academy & bringing their own players through? Have they ? How many of their current squad have come via the academy? They have more of OUR graduates than their own !! County have a crackin wee set up but if Roy ended up under a 47 bus tomorrow, they could well be another Gretna .

No Roy ,no County,  it’s that simple. Without Roy’s money or someone to put up like he has they will slide out the top tier El Pronto.

I know it looks likely they will go down this year but you get the  idea.

Go back a few years across the Kessock to Caley  Stadium and the Man in charge there had a right few quid, David Sutherland of 

Tulloch Builders who had a huge stake in Caley.

Alan Savage from Orion Engineering was another. There was also a group of six overseas Caley fans pumped in £200,000 a few years ago.

Make  no mistake,without these guys both Clubs would not be able to survive on gate money and some hospitality/ club raffles etc.

You need to offer better than normal money to tempt players to make the not inconsiderable move up here to play their football.

The next couple of years for both Clubs are going to be interesting , Caley have been cost cutting already this season and probably 

thought they would have a shot at a play off spot, not looking likely so more cuts might be coming.

I see both of them having a hard time in the short term.

F****n IPad, always messes up the post  set up,canny be arsed fixing it :lol:

Edited by thomsons dropped it

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, DougJamie said:

I refer you to BTB's, Callum's  and Thomson's posts which describe the true state of their finances.

I doubt that there is any attempt, unlike us, to try and live within the club's means. i.e. outgoings matched by gate receipts, transfer fees etc.

They wouldn't be anywhere near where they are, if they didn't have uncle Roy emptying his pockets every transfer window.

However, looks like they're f**ked this season.:thumbs2

I'll treat your last sentence with the contempt that it deserves.:)

Edited by FTOF

16 hours ago, FTOF said:

I refer you to BTB's, Callum's  and Thomson's posts which describe the true state of their finances.

I doubt that there is any attempt, unlike us, to try and live within the club's means. i.e. outgoings matched by gate receipts, transfer fees etc.

They wouldn't be anywhere near where they are, if they didn't have uncle Roy emptying his pockets every transfer window.

However, looks like they're f**ked this season.:thumbs2

I'll treat your last sentence with the contempt that it deserves.:)

Think u have missed the main point here. They play in Dingwall , 5% of Scotlands population is in the " Highland Region"

I support all they do for themselves and the communities.... Good luck to them and all the teams that play up there, quite a lot of talent has filtered into the mainstream teams from the Highland League 

You can hate your Big Neighbours ,  and you can wish misfortune on our rural communities, its a very West of Scotland trait. Or if your 9 years old..... 

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Think u have missed the main point here. They play in Dingwall , 5% of Scotlands population is in the " Highland Region"

I support all they do for themselves and the communities.... Good luck to them and all the teams that play up there, quite a lot of talent has filtered into the mainstream teams from the Highland League 

You can hate your Big Neighbours ,  and you can wish misfortune on our rural communities, its a very West of Scotland trait. Or if your 9 years old..... 

Interesting how you twist things. No one is "wishing misfortune on our rural communities". They are only saying that Ross County could nt maintain their present status without Roy MacGregor's financial backing.

12 minutes ago, smcc said:

Interesting how you twist things. No one is "wishing misfortune on our rural communities". They are only saying that Ross County could nt maintain their present status without Roy MacGregor's financial backing.

And we couldn't have maintained ours if our past BOD hadn't pulled off sale of the century

He is a Chairman, that's his job, and he is bloody good at. Puts in, never takes out

What a trooper you are.:lol:

Your naivety regarding uncle Roy is quite astounding. So what if he makes an "honest" buck. The point is, that Ross County's financial status would end up in exactly the same state as Sevco etc. if Uncle Roy's money dried up. It all ends up the same way; a club that had a financial plan that was built on sand.

I'm sure the Motherwell fans thought that John Boyle was a "nice guy", until he pulled the plug and put Motherwell players on the dole and the club in deep shit.

As for your last sentence; have some more contempt.:)