St. Mirren v Dunfermline

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Could the answer be in the loan agreement for Morgan?  Only a few years ago we were contractually bound to play a particular loanee every week unless he was unfit.  I don't know for sure but it could be that kind of deal, which serves only Celtic.

I can't see it being the case. For a start Morgan was playing every game prior to signing for them and no one would have believed he'd go that far off the boil to be left out.

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Could the answer be in the loan agreement for Morgan?  Only a few years ago we were contractually bound to play a particular loanee every week unless he was unfit.  I don't know for sure but it could be that kind of deal, which serves only Celtic.

Maybe that is why the club arrange to play Falkirk when he should be away with Scotland U21  :rolleyes: 

22 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I just wonder why Reilly goes off to be replaced by Mullen when Morgan has been rank the last few weeks 

45 minutes ago, scottd said:

Reading this thread should be good preparation for Lewis joining Celtic as their fans turn on players after a couple of bad games too. :rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Hmmm not even Celtic fans have a go when their teams wins, only prats on here

Oops!

My intention was never really to start a "Morgan is Rank" theme but hey Ho!, this is football social media, I should have known better. Morgan has been great for the team and has played a massive part in getting us where we are.

"LEWIS, LEWIS"

I was just wondering why Reilly always gets substituted when his replacement doesn't generate any improvement and other options are available but every week Reilly gets taken off. It's hardly surprising his confidence and scoring rate have suffered as a result.

Oops I'll be targeted as 'A Jack must go'  supporter now as I was curious about his thinking behind the Reilly strategy but Hey Ho this is a football Forum I should know better.

"JACK ROSS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY"

Now I've got that out the road. Anyone any thoughts on the Reilly Strategy.  I reckon He could still hit 30 goals with the right support. Could that be Hippolyte?

Bedknobs-Broomsticks-bedknobs-and-brooms

47 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Oops!

My intention was never really to start a "Morgan is Rank" theme but hey Ho!, this is football social media, I should have known better. Morgan has been great for the team and has played a massive part in getting us where we are.

"LEWIS, LEWIS"

I was just wondering why Reilly always gets substituted when his replacement doesn't generate any improvement and other options are available but every week Reilly gets taken off. It's hardly surprising his confidence and scoring rate have suffered as a result.

Oops I'll be targeted as 'A Jack must go'  supporter now as I was curious about his thinking behind the Reilly strategy but Hey Ho this is a football Forum I should know better.

Now I've got that out the road. Anyone any thoughts on the Reilly Strategy.  I reckon He could still hit 30 goals with the right support. Could that be Hippolyte?

Surely you realise you cant ask questions on here without upsetting the villagers?

3 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Oops!

"LEWIS, LEWIS"

IS REILLY not agreeing to sign on for next season? (Just a thought)

Really looking forward to Saturday. And excited. I hate when there's no matches at the weekend, especially when we're going well.
I believe J&J will have the players well up for this one and I expect a better performance than against Brechin - and more clinical.

3-1 (Really, Morgan, Hippo)

Really looking forward to Saturday. And excited. I hate when there's no matches at the weekend, especially when we're going well.
I believe J&J will have the players well up for this one and I expect a better performance than against Brechin - and more clinical.

3-1 (Really, Morgan, Hippo)

Reilly......

I actually think the wee mini break will have done the players more good than harm. It's given them time to recharge their batteries for the final push towards the title. As for the game , I can see another tight affair with us edging it by a goal. 

1 hour ago, farmer john said:

getting nervous about Saturday already, a good strong win and Morgan hat trick will alleviate all fears and worries.

This would be so welcome.  Game between us have been closely fought and I expect this one to be no different . Getting over the line is seldom easy,  other than In retrospect. 

Who can say what St. Mirren team will turn up...

Will  it be the one that has been not so convincing or the one that will push on and win with some style like we were doing earlier in the season?

One thing for sure is the players will take their cue from J & J.  Are they nervy or confident? Are they playing 100% for the 3 points?

Dunfermline's recent form is not great - let's keep it that way and keep ours, which is really decent, staying good.

After the 1st game between us, I think we need to repair the goal difference damage that they inflicted upon us in that one... but not sure we won't get ahead and then try to sit back.

I would love to go for 4  v  1   but going for a more cautious        2    v  0    goals from a centre back and Reilly or Morgan, big crowd over 4000

40 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Who can say what St. Mirren team will turn up...

Will  it be the one that has been not so convincing or the one that will push on and win with some style like we were doing earlier in the season?

One thing for sure is the players will take their cue from J & J.  Are they nervy or confident? Are they playing 100% for the 3 points?

Dunfermline's recent form is not great - let's keep it that way and keep ours, which is really decent, staying good.

After the 1st game between us, I think we need to repair the goal difference damage that they inflicted upon us in that one... but not sure we won't get ahead and then try to sit back.

I would love to go for 4  v  1   but going for a more cautious        2    v  0    goals from a centre back and Reilly or Morgan, big crowd over 4000

Seriously ????

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Morgan showing up and playing half decent would be enough for many. 

At worst a draw, 2-1 more likely. 

Morgan will be missing for this game. Brendan Rogers has recalled all his loanees to get them together for Old Firm weekend to give them a taste of the atmosphere . Was written into the loan agreement . Gutted . :angry: