St. Mirren v Dunfermline

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

And my MotM was Eckersley. Doesn't mean I thought Mullen, or for that matter, Reilly,  McGennis, (who were also replaced in the dying embers of the match), McGinn or Flynn were anonymous 

Opinions...

for me Mullen hasnt yet shown why we shelled out to buy him, we have a plethora of players just like him and he doesnt seem able to show why he should get the jersey. If Morgan is back for QoS then Mullen imo will be benched again. I did at the time, and do still now wonder why Livi were happy to sell him to the team they have set in their sights?

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Opinions...

for me Mullen hasnt yet shown why we shelled out to buy him, we have a plethora of players just like him and he doesnt seem able to show why he should get the jersey. If Morgan is back for QoS then Mullen imo will be benched again. I did at the time, and do still now wonder why Livi were happy to sell him to the team they have set in their sights?

Now that's a totally different debate and it will take more than a few of outings, mainly from the bench to prove. Time will tell. 

And the fact you are still curious why Livi let him go flies in the face of what you appear to think of the lad's ability.

Edited by stlucifer

Despite having him on ignore I see the attention seeking, oxygen stealing f**kwit is making an arse of himself again - not least because the man of the match is voted for by Saints fans on social media so a number of folk must have thought Mullen had a good game, not just "his da".

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Now that's a totally different debate and it will take more than a few of outings, mainly from the bench to prove. Time will tell. 

And the fact you are still curious why Livi let him go flies in the face of what you appear to think of the lad's ability.

I dont get your last line, i am curious if Livi rated Mullen, why did they sell him to the team they want to catch halfway through the season? It would be akin to us selling them Cammy Smith in January.

It's all too easy.

It’s definitely happening, He’s out of contract in the summer and St Mirren are the only club to offer money plus a sell on clause for him, Danny wants to leave and the club don’t want to hold him back. 

He’s also one of our highest earners and we are replacing him with a striker on loan. 

Good luck to the lad, he’s been an excellent servant to the club, at 22 he’s played well over 100 games for the club, it’s a good effort, he has never been a prolific striker in fact I’d say he’s more of a number 10, does a lot of the dirty work, chases the ball down and despite his size wins far more than he should in the air, he does like to throw himself to the ground quite a lot though which can become a bit frustrating, and he is quite a regular in the referees book for dissent but apart from that he’s a good signing for you guys, I wish him luck

Good deal for both clubs, 5 figure fee and a sell on clause does us fine. Great player going to Saints and will do well, not an out an out goalscorer but will run at defenders and win free kicks/penalties even if he's diving :D 

Was out of contract in the summer so to get a fee now is good business for a player who doesn't want to be here

Edited by FTOF

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I dont get your last line, i am curious if Livi rated Mullen, why did they sell him to the team they want to catch halfway through the season? It would be akin to us selling them Cammy Smith in January.

I'm beginning to wonder if English is your second language.

"I did at the time, and do still now wonder", to me, means you didn't know why and still don't know why Livi sold him to us. This calls into question your assessment of him as a player as, if he was as poor as you suggest, you would definitely understand, in your own mind, why Livi let him go.

hope......... this.......... helps.

You did realise the game has moved on since you played it in school?

Being subbed off is not "being hooked" as a punishment.  Our forward players are expected to do a lot of pressing and a lot of sprinting and are subbed off every single week for fresh legs to come on.

Now I've typed that out, I can see you are at the wind-up given how bloody obvious it is!  Ah well...

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I'm beginning to wonder if English is your second language.

"I did at the time, and do still now wonder", to me, means you didn't know why and still don't know why Livi sold him to us. This calls into question your assessment of him as a player as, if he was as poor as you suggest, you would definitely understand, in your own mind, why Livi let him go.

hope......... this.......... helps.

Nope... whooshed me with that gobbledygook. Its simple really if Livi rated Mullen, why sell him to the team they want to catch?

that doesnt make sense.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nope... whooshed me with that gobbledygook. Its simple really if Livi rated Mullen, why sell him to the team they want to catch?

that doesnt make sense.

I'm going to try this one last time. Feck me. Is this what it's like conversing with a chimp?

Unnskyld meg. Du lurer  pa begge oi fortid og natidhvoror. Dette betyr at du ikke harr bestemt deg

I'm going to try this one last time. Feck me. Is this what it's like conversing with a chimp?
Unnskyld meg. Du lurer  pa begge oi fortid og natidhvoror. Dette betyr at du ikke harr bestemt deg

Now, that makes no sense to me![emoji23]

2 hours ago, zico said:

I believe them.

Zico. I have the feeling that you are saying this very much tongue in cheek. The Pars were in high single and possibly in double figures with fouls in the first half alone. (Watch the game on Buddirvision). The possession stats also look wrong to me. DAFC sat back and played on the break  (they were dangerous then). First half I might have had us at 65% possession. Bit more even in the second until they had a man sent off before going back to say 60% for the remainder. Whatever. Played with composure against a decent but, on the day, a not too brilliant team. More of the same PLEASE.

that doesnt make sense.
Maybe when Livvy sold us the player they needed the money badly at the time and a chance to get a high earner off the wage bill. At that time they weren't thought of being in a position to catch us and maybe needed the money to pay that monthly wage bill.

16 minutes ago, renfrew said:
45 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
that doesnt make sense.

Maybe when Livvy sold us the player they needed the money badly at the time and a chance to get a high earner off the wage bill. At that time they weren't thought of being in a position to catch us and maybe needed the money to pay that monthly wage bill.

As FTOF quoted a Dunfermline Livingston supporter who probably watched him in many full games:

"It’s definitely happening, He’s out of contract in the summer and St Mirren are the only club to offer money plus a sell on clause for him, Danny wants to leave and the club don’t want to hold him back. 

He’s also one of our highest earners and we are replacing him with a striker on loan. 

Good luck to the lad, he’s been an excellent servant to the club, at 22 he’s played well over 100 games for the club, it’s a good effort, he has never been a prolific striker in fact I’d say he’s more of a number 10, does a lot of the dirty work, chases the ball down and despite his size wins far more than he should in the air, he does like to throw himself to the ground quite a lot though which can become a bit frustrating, and he is quite a regular in the referees book for dissent but apart from that he’s a good signing for you guys, I wish him luck".

Really quite simple. At least for anyone with   to half a brain.

Edited by stlucifer

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

As FTOF quoted a Dunfermline supporter who probably watched him in many full games:

"It’s definitely happening, He’s out of contract in the summer and St Mirren are the only club to offer money plus a sell on clause for him, Danny wants to leave and the club don’t want to hold him back. 

Good luck to the lad, he’s been an excellent servant to the club, at 22 he’s played well over 100 games for the club, it’s a good effort, he has never been a prolific striker in fact I’d say he’s more of a number 10, does a lot of the dirty work, chases the ball down and despite his size wins far more than he should in the air, he does like to throw himself to the ground quite a lot though which can become a bit frustrating, and he is quite a regular in the referees book for dissent but apart from that he’s a good signing for you guys, I wish him luck".

Really quite simple. At least for anyone with   to half a brain.

Why would a Dunfermline supporter be watching Livi?

50 minutes ago, smcc said:

Sorry. I have no idea but the best cental defender quote was from him on the Twitter feed.

Well I suppose we best not argue with unknown random bloke on Twitter.  Excellent source, thanks for finding him.

From now on all arguments on here are to be settled by checking Ross Melville's opinion.

In case anyone is wondering, he thinks Lord Pityme is a tube.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Well I suppose we best not argue with unknown random bloke on Twitter.  Excellent source, thanks for finding him.

From now on all arguments on here are to be settled by checking Ross Melville's opinion.

To be fair it was someone else who posted the twitter feed, and "the best defender in the league" quote was only brought up as it was felt, like myself, that Davis really hasn't been particularly impressive in the air since he returned from injury.

It's the one part of his game that he needs to improve upon IMO.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Opinions...

They needed the money.

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Not happy that we had to wear a change kit at home, especially as it happened the last time we played them at SMP.

We should have worn our 1st kit and Dunfermline made to go to a local sport shop and buy a full squad's worth of light blue kit.

Should have gone one stage further and treated them like a kid who'd forgot his PE kit and made them play in their pants.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Well done! Really showing your class there.

Have to say we played as well as we have  for a while yesterday - even though Morgan our talisman was missing.

A number of months back Dunfermline were a real threat to us having thumped us  3   v  0 and flying high.. yesterday we were a class apart from them.. that is very tangible progress...

Though I felt for Bairdy yesterday - there was good logic giving Mac and Davis a run together - hopefully towards persuading them both to be here next year as well.

Overall I am hugely delighted at Flynn and Mullen's performances - the best either have played and both looked fit and wholly committed, and not short of talent either.

Gary Mac, Mc Ginn and Eckers were first class too and the rest contributed very well indeed.

The squad is much stronger and although we could have pushed for more goals yesterday, subbing guys to protect them and giving others a run out is good management..

So much better going 2 goals in front as well...

3 more championship winning points and another clean sheet - bring on the QOS