St. Mirren v Dunfermline

Thought the west stand linesman had a shocker yesterday, keeper catching ball outside the box that we could see from W5,waiting for ref to make decisions before putting flag up at throw ins,Reilly 2m offside no flag, runs up the line laughing,think he knew he made an arse of things. 

17 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Harry Davis

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Well I suppose we best not argue with unknown random bloke on Twitter.  Excellent source, thanks for finding him.

From now on all arguments on here are to be settled by checking Ross Melville's opinion.

In case anyone is wondering, he thinks Lord Pityme is a tube.

I didn't find him. As you can see it was posted earlier in the thread. I don't use Twitter and would not have found it otherwise.

If you had followed the link in the earlier post you would also have seen it. :whistle

Well I suppose we best not argue with unknown random bloke on Twitter.  Excellent source, thanks for finding him.
From now on all arguments on here are to be settled by checking Ross Melville's opinion.
In case anyone is wondering, he thinks Lord Pityme is a tube.

Superb idea. Fame at last.

I’ve not read all this, but if folk disagree that Davis is the best defender in the Championship then fair enough. He’s not showy, reads the game well and I can’t think of anyone better.

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Have to say we played as well as we have  for a while yesterday - even though Morgan our talisman was missing.

A number of months back Dunfermline were a real threat to us having thumped us  3   v  0 and flying high.. yesterday we were a class apart from them.. that is very tangible progress...

Though I felt for Bairdy yesterday - there was good logic giving Mac and Davis a run together - hopefully towards persuading them both to be here next year as well.

Overall I am hugely delighted at Flynn and Mullen's performances - the best either have played and both looked fit and wholly committed, and not short of talent either.

Gary Mac, Mc Ginn and Eckers were first class too and the rest contributed very well indeed.

The squad is much stronger and although we could have pushed for more goals yesterday, subbing guys to protect them and giving others a run out is good management..

So much better going 2 goals in front as well...

3 more championship winning points and another clean sheet - bring on the QOS

I think MacKenzie will be released at the end of the season. Don't think he has the pace for Premiership and very injury prone. Davis will be an interesting one. Looks a bit short in the air and not totally convinced by his pace at Premiership level either. Expect though we will try to sign him.

Edited by lenziebud

5 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I think MacKenzie will be released at the end of the season. Don't think he has the pace for Premiership and very injury prone. Davis will be an interesting one. Looks a bit short in the air and not convinced by his pace at Premiership level either. Expect though we will try to sign him.

Davis still has a year and a half left on his current deal.

Im looking forward to hearing your suggestions on who we can bring in to replace a player of his quality with the budget we have....

27 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Davis still has a year and a half left on his current deal.

Im looking forward to hearing your suggestions on who we can bring in to replace a player of his quality with the budget we have....

I didnt realise his contract situation. I thought he had just signed till end of season. I also said I expect we would try to sign him. 

Edited by lenziebud

2 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Regarding H Davis contract. Is it not an option the club has for next season.

I await someone to contest the legality of such a contract emoji23.png

He was signed on a years deal with another years option I think mate, the years option will probably be the players choice and if we dont win the league this season then I don't think Davis will hang around, he is far too good for this level.

11 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

He was signed on a years deal with another years option I think mate, the years option will probably be the players choice and if we dont win the league this season then I don't think Davis will hang around, he is far too good for this level.

I suspect given the injury he sustained that the club will have an option on him. If they don't they should have

Edited by lenziebud

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:31 AM, Franny Fat said:

I am at the game today did the fat summarizer get his pies at half time ok?

No mention of pies mate, although I could have missed it as I had to make a cuppa at half time to keep myself awake for the second half

Delighted with performance, result was never in doubt..................... our home form is simply stunning , a draw with Ton, and off day against Sons, apart from that, every team dispatched...................

If Jack puts Lewis back in, then I will be happy. Ideal pitch for him. Still think Danny is work in progress, but Morgan is class......

Lets not give Queens a two goal start this time................

League will be won in a month 

41 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

"YEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS! YEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS! YEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

For those who don't want to hear what sounds like a sheep being butt-f**ked, there is a mute button.

Thats just sick.... you've put a button on to hear a mute being bu..-f**ked..?

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

"YEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS! YEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS! YEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

For those who don't want to hear what sounds like a sheep being butt-f**ked, there is a mute button.

SPFL muted the video before posting the goal on fb  :lol:

Edited by RussellV1

Have to say we played as well as we have  for a while yesterday - even though Morgan our talisman was missing.
A number of months back Dunfermline were a real threat to us having thumped us  3   v  0 and flying high.. yesterday we were a class apart from them.. that is very tangible progress...
Though I felt for Bairdy yesterday - there was good logic giving Mac and Davis a run together - hopefully towards persuading them both to be here next year as well.
Overall I am hugely delighted at Flynn and Mullen's performances - the best either have played and both looked fit and wholly committed, and not short of talent either.
Gary Mac, Mc Ginn and Eckers were first class too and the rest contributed very well indeed.
The squad is much stronger and although we could have pushed for more goals yesterday, subbing guys to protect them and giving others a run out is good management..
So much better going 2 goals in front as well...
3 more championship winning points and another clean sheet - bring on the QOS

Wholeheartedly agree with this but did feel before we scored the penalty not having Morgan forced Mullen and Reilly to work hard to gain the ball wide which often left us bereft of someone in the middle to pick up any crosses. Also felt too many crosses were poorly delivered. Can't fault attitude effort or dominance and whilst l felt there were no failures on the park, Morgan creates an awful lot for us. Worthwhile experimenting more once league tied up

9 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Wholeheartedly agree with this but did feel before we scored the penalty not having Morgan forced Mullen and Reilly to work hard to gain the ball wide which often left us bereft of someone in the middle to pick up any crosses. Also felt too many crosses were poorly delivered. Can't fault attitude effort or dominance and whilst l felt there were no failures on the park, Morgan creates an awful lot for us. Worthwhile experimenting more once league tied up

Likewise, I agree with your additional thoughts. 

The fact that we don't do everything well, like the poor crosses is merely evidence that we need to improve further for next season. At this level we get away with it but not so in the Premiership.

Morgan is generally very creative, but next season what are the chances that he will be back with us? (Not high I would suggest)