St. Mirren v Dunfermline

This is the highlights of our January game at Dunfermline.

It is interesting to note the Magennis free kick (3:45) before the Magennis free kick that led to Jack Baird's goal (4:17).

The players said that they had noted how the Dunfermline players had defended the first one and this led them to change their tatic for the second one.

Not only are they good footballers they are also thinking footballers.

Wholeheartedly agree with this but did feel before we scored the penalty not having Morgan forced Mullen and Reilly to work hard to gain the ball wide which often left us bereft of someone in the middle to pick up any crosses. Also felt too many crosses were poorly delivered. Can't fault attitude effort or dominance and whilst l felt there were no failures on the park, Morgan creates an awful lot for us. Worthwhile experimenting more once league tied up
I actually thought the crossing on Saturday was better than usual. I think Mullan put in quite a lot of good balls at a good pace and height. The problem is we aren't a team that is set up for crosses coming into the box. Reilly likes a ball over the top, Cammy smith and Morgan like to be running at goal but we don't have a guy who feeds off crosses, ok we do but he doesn't fit in with our current style of play.

I actually thought the crossing on Saturday was better than usual. I think Mullan put in quite a lot of good balls at a good pace and height. The problem is we aren't a team that is set up for crosses coming into the box. Reilly likes a ball over the top, Cammy smith and Morgan like to be running at goal but we don't have a guy who feeds off crosses, ok we do but he doesn't fit in with our current style of play.

See your point but often the crosses were by the two strikers rather than to them l felt. A number were over hit.