St. Mirren v Dunfermline

On Tuesday, March 06, 2018 at 12:28 PM, melmac said:

I suspect your not far off with that but he has been gash and deserves to be dropped.

Not sure I agree with you that he has been that bad.  Teams now make sure he gets plenty of attention. Something he is going to have to get used to. Either way I do agree that he has been less effective in a few recent games. Looking on the bright side he helped give us that Barcelona type goal at East End park. Maybe another magic moment from Morgan and the team on Saturday. Hope so.

Morgan is a winger/ wide player- most are inconsistent. His magic can and have turned games-

Plus Jack sees these guys every day, so I doubt very much he is off form...........

Good solid 1-0 Saints..................... Scotland win ----- For another perfect Saturday

Huge game this one even huger than our last game but although huge not as huge as our next game which in turn is huge but not as huge as the following game which is even huger and though that in itself is huge it is not as huge as the game following that one which is huger still

Now that the hugeness is out the road I am feeling completely calm and positive about tomorrow.

The whole team has been off the boil of late but such is our class results have been delivered nonetheless.  This week our beloved team have had the opportunity to rest and recuperate due to last weeks game being postponed.  This is good.  Thy morrow I hope to see a more energetic performance as we enter the "final push" in our championship win and onward journey toward European football being played at Greenhill Rd.   Lewis Morgan is a terrific player and some of the comments on this very thread are pitiful.

We can and will do this.  Carpe diem Buddies, Carpe diem indeed.

16 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Huge game this one even huger than our last game but although huge not as huge as our next game which in turn is huge but not as huge as the following game which is even huger and though that in itself is huge it is not as huge as the game following that one which is huger still

Now that the hugeness is out the road I am feeling completely calm and positive about tomorrow.

The whole team has been off the boil of late but such is our class results have been delivered nonetheless.  This week our beloved team have had the opportunity to rest and recuperate due to last weeks game being postponed.  This is good.  Thy morrow I hope to see a more energetic performance as we enter the "final push" in our championship win and onward journey toward European football being played at Greenhill Rd.   Lewis Morgan is a terrific player and some of the comments on this very thread are pitiful.

We can and will do this.  Carpe diem Buddies, Carpe diem indeed.

Would have loved to seen posts from 99-00 season. Did we have as many Knickerwetters then? Or is this just an internet cluck cluck thing.................

So hopefully this will help

Saints v                        PLAYED  POINTS                      Average per Game              Remaining-1 point per game

BRECHIN                          3                9                                                    3                                                        2

PARS                                   3                6                                                     2                                                        1  

UNITED                            3                6                                                     2                                                        1

TON                                    3                2                                                    0.66                                                  0

BAIRNS                            2                4                                                      2                                                         1

CALEY                              3                9                                                      3                                                         2

QOS                                   3               9                                                      3                                                          2

LIVI                                     3               6                                                      2                                                         1

SONS                                 3               6                                                      2                                                         1

So lets take that as an average  with one game to play ( 2 with Bairns) and lets subtract a point per game just cause 

So if we continue average that  19.66 points = 75.66.................. That's means Livi need to win 9 out their last 10 games

If we be really cautious and take off a point per game thats  11 points giving us 68 points, still means Livi need to 6 games and a draw..............

That's why we are 1/10...............................

Of course we could lose our last 10 games and finish 5th , or win our next  8 games and win League with 2 to spare assuming Livi win all theirs....  

So with this in mind, and the fact that some on here, think we are playing badly ( ever thought a passing team might struggle on heavy pitches??)  Enjoy it............. it could be worse!!!

Image result for Dundee Utd Losers

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:28 PM, melmac said:

I suspect your not far off with that but he has been gash and deserves to be dropped.

Nonsense. JR, imo , missed a chance to shake him up by not subbing him late on v Brechin . However , if he switches on for 30 seconds tomorrow , we may be 14 points clear and virtually uncatchable.

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

Nonsense. JR, imo , missed a chance to shake him up by not subbing him late on v Brechin . However , if he switches on for 30 seconds tomorrow , we may be 14 points clear and virtually uncatchable.

I think this sums up the dilemma.

Most would agree he's the jewel in the crown but he's certainly, again going by the majority of posts on here, lost his sparkle since he's signed for Celtic.

It's down to the manager to do something to try to jolt him back into action, being subbed or dropped could well do it but it might piss him right off.

None of us know but most know, as you suggest, a short spell of form from him could easily see us over the line.

That's why our supporters have reputation as boo boys. 

Morgan has been the best player in this league by a furlong. Only person who can even think about challenging him for POTY is Dobbie, he's been unplayable at times. He has 3 quiet (not bad, quiet) games and there are folk claiming he should be dropped. 

Let's keep our most dangerous asset on the bench for the run in. That will really scare teams. :lol:

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Morgan has been the best player in this league by a furlong. Only person who can even think about challenging him for POTY is Dobbie, he's been unplayable at times. He has 3 quiet (not bad, quiet) games and there are folk claiming he should be dropped. 

Let's keep our most dangerous asset on the bench for the run in. That will really scare teams. :lol:

I can go as far back as the Dunfermline game on TV and, the goal apart, he was piss poor.

I remember suggesting Celtic would be looking for a refund on that form.

Now, that was the only game I seen, so I can't go any more on that.

Hey, some can see no wrong in some players or manager for that matter, all about opinions. 

Edited by faraway saint

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Our best player. I would play him. Every player has the occasional game or games where things don't go as well as they or us, as fans might expect.  I have only missed two games home and away this season. I hope to miss none of the games in the remainder of the season.  

As to winning... Winning Ugly gets the same number of points as Winning by playing beautiful football. Like most I guess I prefer winning by playing great football  but winning is the name of the game FULL STOP until the end of the season.

No....I don't boo and I don't decry the performances of the team or players but I do have opinions. 

Morgan stays in for me unless JR knows better .

2 hours ago, billyg said:

We are only 8 ahead  - a real 6 pointer tomorrow going by your thinking !!!

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We are only 8 ahead  - a real 6 pointer tomorrow going by your thinking !!!

Yeah it the same as the old Formula 1 points in that last race is double points. In this case last 10 games are worth 60 points. This is why you can still get odds on Brechin to win the League at 7500-1............... 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I think this sums up the dilemma.

Most would agree he's the jewel in the crown but he's certainly, again going by the majority of posts on here, lost his sparkle since he's signed for Celtic.

It's down to the manager to do something to try to jolt him back into action, being subbed or dropped could well do it but it might piss him right off.

None of us know but most know, as you suggest, a short spell of form from him could easily see us over the line.

One of the problems he has had recently is that the treatment he is getting from opposition defences has intensified. He's got two men on him most of the time he gets the ball, and has been fouled consistently every single game. Against Livingston was the first time I saw him lose his composure a little, which is testament to his attitude in earlier games where he's kept his cool.

I certainly wouldn't bench him, and would be loathe to sub him as a moment of brilliance can and has changed many games this season. Taking him off also gives the opposition a boost as he's the outstanding player in the league.

I'm backing him to get back on form tomorrow after another break from action. He - and the rest of the team - will be desperate to get back on the pitch and get another three points under their belt to maintain our lead and get back some momentum following a couple of free weekends in the past month or so.

2 hours ago, melmac said:

Here's a question, if it comes down to trench warfare for the remaining games, would you want Morgan playing? Bearing in mind, he'll be thinking of Champions League qualifiers in July / August.

Lewis Morgan would always be in my team. Not only is he the best player in the league, he has also shown a tremendous attitude while playing for us, and he deserves better than for folk to be thinking he'd give less than 100% in any game for us in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

One of the problems he has had recently is that the treatment he is getting from opposition defences has intensified. He's got two men on him most of the time he gets the ball, and has been fouled consistently every single game.

And the fact that the opposition put 2 men on him creates space for the rest of the team while the fouls win us set plays.

Its a win win for us.

Lewis Morgan is the first name on the team sheet every single week and is untouchable.

As I mentioned, only a complete loonball would want him dropped or subbed! :lol:

Just now, zico said:

And the fact that the opposition put 2 men on him creates space for the rest of the team while the fouls win us set plays.

Its a win win for us.

Lewis Morgan is the first name on the team sheet every single week and is untouchable.

As I mentioned, only a complete loonball would want him dropped or subbed! :lol:

Agree 100%.

35 minutes ago, zico said:

Its a win win for us.

He can't play this week anyway, he's way with Celtic to soak up the atmosphere at the OF game.