St. Mirren v Dunfermline

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Great performance especially 2md half. Hard to pick a MOM as there were no failures. But Mullen got it and for his work rate there prob right. Also McKenzie and Davis were superb. Flynn had his best game. Magennis never stopped the whole game. Excellent team performance. Coys

Everything spot on Gary , it's not often I agree with you ! :D

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

taken Reilly off too - guess we have the answer to this..

Maybe it was because we changed to a back 3 against 10 men and allowed the full backs to press forward?

Anyway, an excellent performance with this game being a lot easier than I expected. Mullan and Flynn's good performances Showed our strength in depth and the unusual 4-3-3 worked a treat and kept the Pars' big defenders pinned back. Great tactics by Jack.

Edited by Sonny

Supberb result.  Danny Mullen showed us he can play, Ryan Flynn showed us he can play, Liam Smith back to his best (great goal son), Gary Mack strolled about like a middle aged Maldini, Davies was his usual good self, Samson assured and even had the confidence to excite us all when he deliberately let the ball bobble over his foot (stop it you ginger joker my old heart cannae take it), Magennis never stopped working, Reilly showed good workrate, Eckersley hardly troubled and contributed admirably, Stephen McGinn was assured and slightly less heavy legged than he has been in recent weeks (is he carrying an injury), Cammy Smith his usual brilliant self (that could have been some goal son, but well done you wee darlinng), Jack Baird great to see him come on, Ian McShane hardly phased by anything when he came on and Myles Hypolite (or however you spell it) even had a nice wee touch or two, Jack Ross looked smart as ever, James Fowler supberb beside him, Jamie Langfield what a goal keeping coach, 

Brilliant, brilliant result.  This league title is so close I can taste it, I can smell it, I can sense it in my pisswater.  

Tonight an old man is happy, this old man likes being happy, happy indeed.

I would to publicly apologize to Danny Mullen (I've been sticking up for him these last few weeks) but today at half time i was bemoaning the fact he looks low on confidence, imo thought he had struggled a bit in first half and was expecting him to be first one subbed in 2nd half.

Don't know what changed but thought he was absolutely outstanding in 2nd half & really pleased for him.

A wee side note Flynn had a really good game today too along with the 2 Smith's and despite a lack of goals Reilly put in some amount of work in that 2nd half.

A nice start to a busy weekend if only Aberdeen had scored would have been £200 richer.

Well off out for a child free night & good ladies birthday meal now.

Have a good weekend fellow Saints fans.

Fantastic score. Good performance given the surface. Not conducive to free flowing football. I was a bit worried we hadn't scored in the first half but we kicked on in the second and eventually played out a comfortable win. Liam Smith's strike was a peach. My MotM was Eckersley. In the absence of Morgan he played down the channel very well and must have covered every blade of grass on both sides of the park.

2 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

When I looked just before the first goal it was 57% to 43% in favour of the Pars....:blink:

Also states 11 shots to the Buds and 4 to the Pars. Can only think of 1 shot to the Pars. Sammy came closest to them having anything on target.

Not sure about the possession stats as I thought we dominated the midfield from start to finish - Ryan Flynn was my mom but we didn’t have a failure today as every one of our players stepped up their performance.

Wouldn’t change that team today so Lewis might find himself clicking his heels on the bench.

1 minute ago, Dare said:

Not sure about the possession stats as I thought we dominated the midfield from start to finish - Ryan Flynn was my mom but we didn’t have a failure today as every one of our players stepped up their performance.

Wouldn’t change that team today so Lewis might find himself clicking his heels on the bench.

So are you  getting him flowers tomorrow? :o

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Missed the game today but what a fantastic result!

Points on the board puts even more pressure on those chasing us.

What was up with Morgan. Injured?

Apparently he is ill, shitting water perhaps?

Get well soon Lewis.

Great result, great indeed.