Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Sweeper07

St. Mirren v Dunfermline

Recommended Posts



agreed how he never spotted Reilly being offside when we nipped the ball off one of their defenders in the second half despite him being clearly 3 or 4 feet wrong side and right in front of him was a total mystery. He wasn't biased just thoroughly useless.


Heading back from NB. Great day out and a happy bud. In the past I have been Mullen's no 1 critic but I will concede today Danny did something and I don't grudge his MOM award. Good to see we coped without Morgan. We won't have him next season. All round good performance and cracking result. See you all in Dumfries next week for More of the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I thought it was the most "in control" performance of the season. 

It begs the question, are we a better team without Lewis Morgan?

Very assured performance.

My opinion is that this is a squad game. It was good to see both Baird and McShane as well as Hypolyte coming on and being involved.

Lewis is outstanding but fit or not may not now play every game or all of every game.

Teams put 2 or more men on him and he is getting increasingly physical treatment from opposition players but for me, I would have him in my starting line up.

 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Harry Davis

 

Best central defender in the Championship according to Ross Melville. Am I the only person who sees that his unwillingness or inability to challenge for a ball in the air is a big defect? If he could add this to his armamentarium  then he would be excellent.

Edited by smcc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, smcc said:

Best central defender in the Championship according to Ross Melville. Am I the only person who sees that his unwillingness or inability to challenge for a ball in the air is a big defect? If he could add this to his armamentarium  then he would be excellent.

I've never once thought he is poor in the air. The Livingston game is his only poor performance in a year. 

He's quite comfortably the best centre half in the league. Our clean sheet record with him in the team (8 clean sheets in 14) vs without him (3 clean sheets in 13) is testament to that. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kemp said:

I thought it was the most "in control" performance of the season. 

It begs the question, are we a better team without Lewis Morgan?

If he's not playing at his peak, there's obviously, well to some, a debate.

When he's on form, a strong no. 

We'll certainly find out next season, better, although still not exactly Barcelona class, opposition will test us on a regular basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I've never once thought he is poor in the air. The Livingston game is his only poor performance in a year. 

He's quite comfortably the best centre half in the league. Our clean sheet record with him in the team (8 clean sheets in 14) vs without him (3 clean sheets in 13) is testament to that. 

Can't argue with the facts.

What a difference and gives us some freedom to go and attack knowing we're fairly secure at the back and he's helping the other defenders in every game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, smcc said:

Best central defender in the Championship according to Ross Melville. Am I the only person who sees that his unwillingness or inability to challenge for a ball in the air is a big defect? If he could add this to his armamentarium  then he would be excellent.

No.

You are not.

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smcc said:

Best central defender in the Championship according to Ross Melville. Am I the only person who sees that his unwillingness or inability to challenge for a ball in the air is a big defect? If he could add this to his armamentarium  then he would be excellent.

I know I'm going to regret asking this but who is Ross Melville?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Can't argue with the facts.

What a difference and gives us some freedom to go and attack knowing we're fairly secure at the back and he's helping the other defenders in every game. 

Agree. If I remember correctly he also scored goals with his head when he first joined us. Can take a mean penalty too. He reads the game brilliantly. If I was being very picky then I might question how high he can jump but his timing, tackling and distribution and organisational abilities make him a serious contender for best centre back in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another fantastic win for St Mirren yesterday proving that the LIvvy result was just a blip. Big game against QOS next week, if we beat them we then have 2 home games and our home form has been excellent. I can't see Utd winning all their games in hand so the main challenge comes from Livvy who would need to go unbeaten and for us to have a loss of form and lose 3 games more than them....can't see that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Good performance and good result. 

I guess Danny Mullen's Da was the match sponsor? Surely thats the only way a subbed mainly anonymous performance could edge McGinn out of getting MotM..?

FFS. You're the only one that's criticised the guys performance. His overall performance was great yesterday.  Sometimes it's just a shame your anonymity isn't complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

FFS. You're the only one that's criticised the guys performance. His overall performance was great yesterday.  Sometimes it's just a shame your anonymity isn't complete.

His performance was so 'great' he was hooked! 

And your last line just doesnt make sense???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good solid result today.
Tidy and disciplined if not spectacular, at this stage in the season, great, it throws down the gauntlet , come and get us.



Agree with all of this. Not convinced by those raving about the performance. Thought we were dominant throughout without carrying much of a cutting edge. Mullen needs to do a lot more for me than simply being tenacious and running around a lot.

But the win and clean sheet all that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

His performance was so 'great' he was hooked! 

And your last line just doesnt make sense???

Hooked? He was replaced with ten whole minutes to go as Jack changed formation. He wasn't replaced like for like. Just because you want it to be doesn't make it so.

As for your last line.

Because you don't understand it doesn't make it senseless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Hooked? He was replaced with ten whole minutes to go as Jack changed formation. He wasn't replaced like for like. Just because you want it to be doesn't make it so.

As for your last line.

Because you don't understand it doesn't make it senseless. 

Aye, like i said 'hooked'

Flynn or McGinn were the stand out candidates for MotM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye, like i said 'hooked'

Flynn or McGinn were the stand out candidates for MotM.

And my MotM was Eckersley. Doesn't mean I thought Mullen, or for that matter, Reilly,  McGennis, (who were also replaced in the dying embers of the match), McGinn or Flynn were anonymous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...