QOS V St Mirren 17.3.18

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Is this likely to be ticket or will it be PATG?...can't see anything about it on the official website.

Past experience has seen me buying tickets down there before the game but not at a turnstile. 

5 Years to the day  from St Mirrens day at Hampden if I have that right.

Edited by St.Ricky

20 hours ago, john scott said:

Train tickets purchased. Always a good day out in Dumfries and the bonus of a direct train back to Newcastle  after the game. Looking forward to  it. Hope saints get back on track. No train pun intended, honest :).

If your getting the 1022 from Newcastle, I should see you at Carlisle for the 1220 to Dumfries and maybe a beer too! 

Edited by East Lothian Saint
tracking difficulties

3 minutes ago, john scott said:

Think we're on the 09:24 from Newcastle  Malky but can certainly meet for a beer mate.  We get to Dumfries at 11:53.

No probs. I get in just before 1pm. Hitting Wetherspoons for lunch then off to the Eagles Nest for a pre-match pint or two.  Last time we stopped for a beer in town before hitting the Eagle and by the time we got there we couldn't get in because it was full of singing, dancing, drumming Buds.  The bouncers were manning the doors to prevent overcrowding but I think they were too late. The three pubs next door were all good and we had a bit of banter with the Queens fans. You're right it's always a good day out.

On 08/03/2018 at 11:24 AM, john scott said:

No mention of PATG in the official ticket announcement. Always have bother logging in to the ticket site. Both areas allocated to saints fans should be able to house a big away support so hopefully we'll be able to pay on the day.

John. 

They have facilities about like ours where you can buy ticket before going to a turnstile. 

That's what I will be doing. 

Cheers. Managed to  successfully  negotiate the online ticket  site. Delivered them very quickly. Arrived today after ordering on Thursday.
I went along to ticket office this morning and was told tickets would not be in until Monday and they would be open late on Thursday of next week if I couldn't get during the week. So well done getting tickets delivered!... I have either been badly informed or original batch has been sold out?

QOS don't have much of a record at home, only won 4, drew 5 and lost 3.

I'm surprised many were expecting a tough game against Dunfermline as they had not won any of the previous 5 games before yesterday.

I'd be surprised, again, if we lose against QOS , a draw at worst. 

One danger is QOS are chasing a top 4 spot, Morton and possibly Dundee Utd are in their sights so they could be right up for this. 

Fans in an uncovered terracing behind the goal will do nothing for a good atmosphere. 

Cappielow is the prime example. 

Get the Supporters crammed into the covered seated Stand. 

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

QOS don't have much of a record at home, only won 4, drew 5 and lost 3.

I'm surprised many were expecting a tough game against Dunfermline as they had not won any of the previous 5 games before yesterday.

I'd be surprised, again, if we lose against QOS , a draw at worst. 

One danger is QOS are chasing a top 4 spot, Morton and possibly Dundee Utd are in their sights so they could be right up for this. 

On the evidence of yesterday's display our players are looking very much up for the remaining fixtures.

There was a steely determination to our game yesterday and I can't see many if any teams in this division who can match our will to win games. We have the best players the best squad and we are without doubt the outstanding team of the division. It's f**king glorious to be a buddie given where we were last season. :D

2 hours ago, renfrew said:

Assuming Davies is now ok to play on the plastic pitch ?  We have a good record down there, so hopefully it will continue and having fans behind the goal as well as the stand should help the sing song during the game :rolleyes:

It may be why Baird was introduced into the game yesterday.

13 hours ago, Lager Tops said:
13 hours ago, john scott said:
Cheers. Managed to  successfully  negotiate the online ticket  site. Delivered them very quickly. Arrived today after ordering on Thursday.

I went along to ticket office this morning and was told tickets would not be in until Monday and they would be open late on Thursday of next week if I couldn't get during the week. So well done getting tickets delivered!... I have either been badly informed or original batch has been sold out?

I was very surprised admittedly, given some of the ticket office stories I read on here.

It may be why Baird was introduced into the game yesterday.

When Baird came we went to a back 3 with the fullbacks pushing forward giving us a 5 man midfield and snuffing out any chance of creativity from Dunfermline. I don’t think it had any bearing on next week.

7 hours ago, shull said:

Fans in an uncovered terracing behind the goal will do nothing for a good atmosphere. 

Cappielow is the prime example. 

Get the Supporters crammed into the covered seated Stand. 

Thought you were anti-seating. :rolleyes: