QOS V St Mirren 17.3.18

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
42 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:
Big result today. We are now guaranteed a play-off spot emoji106.png

We actually still need a point to guarantee that.

You sure bud ? With other teams playing each other ? 

If im wrong , ill let you buy me a pint . If im right ...you owe me one !!

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

f**k sake, even Faraway isn't daft enough to fall for that one. emoji4.png    

Morton and Dunfermline do not play each other again (they played today) so it is just possible. Dunfermline would need to win all their games (63 pts, at least +18 gd), Morton would need to win all their games (64 pts) and we would need to lose all our games (63 pts, at best +15 gd). They both play Livi and Utd so take 6 points off of each of they two, and Utd play Livi but if they win all their other games (apart from Morton and Dunfermline) they will both finish above us irrespective of the outcome of that game. In fact, that game would decide the league title, with Morton 3rd and Dunfermline 4th.*

It ain't gonna happen, though. None of them will finish above us. emoji4.png

*Disclaimer: This is all dependent on the league table and fixture list on BBC being accurate at time of writing this. emoji4.png

Edit: I assume I now owe you a pint.

I saw the first line and the last. Good enough for me.

Im not a pint man, so seven bottles of Miller or a bottle of sauvignon blanc will do nicely thank you. :)

Or a pint .  :rolleyes:

4 good goals in the game today. QOS worked their butt's off and made it tough for us today. Good to see the goals shared around. Much better in the second half where we dominated play. Hope Adam E will be fit for the next game but Stellios did well when he came on. 

Great second half performance, on a dodgy pitch with a very strong wind sweeping across the pitch, we controlled play and totally dictated the outcome of the match. Lewis back to his piss taking best and the desire of Kyle from of central position were a joy to watch. 

Special mention to Bairdy who was immense at the back and to Stellios who had to come on "cold" after the injury to Eckersley. 

Support for the team was tremendous from both the stand and from the "drum boys" on the terracing.

The talk in the car home has now changed from if to when, no pressure Jack!

Great day out yesterday, 2nd half performance was brilliant and with other teams continuing to drop points it's now a matter of when we'll win the league not if. Morgan was more like his normal self yesterday, a pleasure to watch and the atmosphere behind the goals was great. I'll miss the Dumfries away game, i hope they make it to the premier eventually.

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Great day out yesterday, 2nd half performance was brilliant and with other teams continuing to drop points it's now a matter of when we'll win the league not if. Morgan was more like his normal self yesterday, a pleasure to watch and the atmosphere behind the goals was great. I'll miss the Dumfries away game, i hope they make it to the premier eventually.

Fantastic set of results but, as far as QotS getting to the Premier League? Not for me unless that pitch is ripped up and grass relaid. I would love the powers that be to make these pitches phased out in the top flight. No chance of that I know.

19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Fantastic set of results but, as far as QotS getting to the Premier League? Not for me unless that pitch is ripped up and grass relaid. I would love the powers that be to make these pitches phased out in the top flight. No chance of that I know.

Agree with that. The ball yesterday was doing weird and wonderful things on that pitch. At one point I'm sure one of our players managed to get back spin that Tiger Woods would have been proud of. An absolute joke of a pitch.

46 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Totally agree about the pitch, i hate them. The ball bobbles about constantly and only those who play on it benefit usually.  I'd like to see them get up and be able to afford to scrap the plastic pitch.

Agree with that. The ball yesterday was doing weird and wonderful things on that pitch. At one point I'm sure one of our players managed to get back spin that Tiger Woods would have been proud of. An absolute joke of a pitch.

There's more grass on the main stand roof than there is on the pitch at Palmerston. But I agree with most on here. I detest these plastic pitches there a disgrace. bad enough having them in our league but to have them in the SPL shows how amateurish Scottish football has become. pro game run by amateur numpties. God I hope and pray we never get one at SMP.