Prize Money

29 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

What don't you get? I will try to spell it out  -

1. Fans are wondering how much money we will get for winning the championship? However, there are many other factors like we might sell a player or 2 and have more money or how many players will be offloaded or not re-sign - this will affect the spending of whatever budget we have - i.e. is the remaining budget for 6 players or 10 etc...

2. We don't have money to burn - so spending it well is essential. There are no guarantees but getting the right fit of player on our budget is a mixture of the skill of our management and a bit of who is available and also a wee bit of luck. (will the signings fit in well, will they be fully fit, will they hit the ground running or not?) Management took a fairly high risk in people like Davis previously - I am not complaining about that - but he was missing for a chunk of the season and it has worked out - will it work out next time with other players?

3. We want to do well in the Premiership and remain there - we belong in the top league

4. We are a great team in a division that is a chunk below the standard of the Premiership - the Premiership is a big step up... the task ahead is a big ask - but we have good management in place currently - so we have a real chance.. (Look at how Hibs and Rangers bought in much better players when they were promoted - on much bigger budgets)

5. We are unlikely to sign players on £8,000 a week - so we need some younger prospects who are ripe for this challenge - lads who are ready and able to improve quickly - guys who are heading for better things in the mix of new signings. i.e. not too many has-beens or players who have a track record of relegation..

6. Despite Tony's confidence that we will win the Premiership next year - I think it might take us a few seasons longer than this..

Hope this is clearer and sorry that it wasn't before - I was multitasking and typing it while I was doing something more important.

Any questions - just ask?

What should I have for lunch? 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What should I have for lunch? 

1. What do you normally have?

2. What do you have in the house?

3. Fancy dining out?

4. Why don't you fast?

5. Do you have any lucky meals before big matches?

How's about these for starters?

What don't you get? I will try to spell it out  -
1. Fans are wondering how much money we will get for winning the championship? However, there are many other factors like we might sell a player or 2 and have more money or how many players will be offloaded or not re-sign - this will affect the spending of whatever budget we have - i.e. is the remaining budget for 6 players or 10 etc...
2. We don't have money to burn - so spending it well is essential. There are no guarantees but getting the right fit of player on our budget is a mixture of the skill of our management and a bit of who is available and also a wee bit of luck. (will the signings fit in well, will they be fully fit, will they hit the ground running or not?) Management took a fairly high risk in people like Davis previously - I am not complaining about that - but he was missing for a chunk of the season and it has worked out - will it work out next time with other players?
3. We want to do well in the Premiership and remain there - we belong in the top league
4. We are a great team in a division that is a chunk below the standard of the Premiership - the Premiership is a big step up... the task ahead is a big ask - but we have good management in place currently - so we have a real chance.. (Look at how Hibs and Rangers bought in much better players when they were promoted - on much bigger budgets)
5. We are unlikely to sign players on £8,000 a week - so we need some younger prospects who are ripe for this challenge - lads who are ready and able to improve quickly - guys who are heading for better things in the mix of new signings. i.e. not too many has-beens or players who have a track record of relegation..
6. Despite Tony's confidence that we will win the Premiership next year - I think it might take us a few seasons longer than this..

Hope this is clearer and sorry that it wasn't before - I was multitasking and typing it while I was doing something more important.
Any questions - just ask?

You’re missing the OP point totally . The topic asks what our Prize money will be (if) we win the league.
The factors you mention , ie selling players etc may well bring extra money but they are totally separate from the prize money .
Sales of players , income from crowds etc are variables, prize money is predetermined at the start of the season.

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You’re missing the OP point totally . The topic asks what our Prize money will be (if) we win the league.
The factors you mention , ie selling players etc may well bring extra money but they are totally separate from the prize money .
Sales of players , income from crowds etc are variables, prize money is predetermined at the start of the season.

Halley-fecking-luya. :clapping

PS What about points.............do they make prizes? :rolleyes:

PPS What about my lunch? 

Edited by faraway saint

47 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Put me on ignore if you like... at least I don't post reams of drivel

e.g. the goalie is pish,

Jack didnae put out a strong team in the cup..

blah blah hundreds of time - just so we get it....

No need to ignore. 

Just a quick skim when I am losing the will to live while reading your Novels. 

Thanks for reading all of mine. 

Reap the benefit of my wisdom. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Halley-fecking-luya. :clapping

PS What about points.............do they make prizes? :rolleyes:

PPS What about my lunch? 

Here I will help you again ( POINTS ) determine where you finish in the league ( got that bit ) where you finish in the league = lump sum of cash. 

27 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Here I will help you again ( POINTS ) determine where you finish in the league ( got that bit ) where you finish in the league = lump sum of cash. 

Ian,you made out earlier that the amount of points you gained determined your prize money.You meant that a team finishing 2nd with 65 points would earn more money than finishing 2nd on 60 points. Now you've changed it to league position but still claim to be correct by saying it's points that give you your final position.You can't have it both ways.

Go on....admit you got it wrong in the 1st place.

19 minutes ago, HSS said:

Ian,you made out earlier that the amount of points you gained determined your prize money.You meant that a team finishing 2nd with 65 points would earn more money than finishing 2nd on 60 points. Now you've changed it to league position but still claim to be correct by saying it's points that give you your final position.You can't have it both ways.

Go on....admit you got it wrong in the 1st place.

shssss :P

6 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I am not missing the point - my point is that the PRIZE Money is not the only relevant factor for the start of next season... it is taking this initial thread further than it began...

If we sell a player before the start of the new season, that too will be money that the club/management may well spend on the budget for players for the season ahead...along with prize money etc.. (Is that what OP is thinking or is he simply want to know how much money a team gains from winning the league - I think not)

If the thread is so narrow that all that is wanted is how much prize money for winning the championship then it is simply a question which should be answered by someone that knows... we can see that a number of discussions have came out...

Anyway we are all entitled to our opinions...

• 4 weeks later...

The £23.7million prize money is distributed according to the percentages set out below, based on overall league standing at the end of the season. 

Premiership
1st - £3.18m (13.4%)
2nd - £2.28m (9.6%)
3rd - £1.96m (8.25%)
4th - £1.72m (7.25%)
5th - £1.6m (6.75%)
6th - £1.48m (6.25%)
7th - £1.36m (5.75%)
8th - £1.3m (5.5%)
9th - £1.24m (5.25%)
10th - £1.19m (5.0%)
11th - £1.13m (4.75%)