Putin

shull

On 3/16/2018 at 2:51 PM, DougJamie said:

Britain used chemical weapons in every war ,

Eh? A gross exaggeration considering Great Britain was established more than 300 years ago when Scotland and England combined. Since then Great Britain has been involved in the War of the Spanish Succession, the War of the Austrian Succession, the Seven Years War, the American War of Independence, the French Revolutionary War, the Napoleonic Wars (visions of Russell Crow with a gas mask in Master and Commander), the Crimean War, the Boer War, World Wars i and II, the Korean War, the Falklands War, the Gulf Wars and numerous other conflicts. Please enlighten us. I was only aware that poison gas was used in WW1.

After WW1, when poison gas was used by both sides, the international community banned the use of chemical and biological weapons and reinforced the ban in 1972 and 1993 by prohibiting the development, production, stockpiling and transfer of these weapons.

https://www.icrc.org/en/document/chemical-biological-weapons

On 3/16/2018 at 5:14 PM, TPAFKATS said:

Are UK still refusing to follow international protocol with regards to handing over a sample of this substance for testing?

I don't think there was any refusal (is it not the case that Russia were refused because the protocol is not to give it to them?) and you may now know that International inspectors from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons have since arrived in the UK. They have been to the location in Salisbury and have also been given permission, following approval by a judge, to take a sample of the Skripals' blood. The OPCW inspectors will be carrying out their own work at Porton Down itself and at other labs around the world to independently verify the work done by the UK.

On 3/19/2018 at 6:54 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Moscow thanks UK for helping Putin win landslide vote in Russia

I think we all know that Putin's victory was assured without the UK. It helps when you jail the main opposition leader, control the media and rig the votes at the ballot box.

Guest TPAFKATS
I think we all know that Putin's victory was assured without the UK. It helps when you jail the main opposition leader, control the media and rig the votes at the ballot box.
There's a substantial time lapse between my post that you quote your reply [emoji6]

16 hours ago, Westmarcher said:

Eh? A gross exaggeration considering Great Britain was established more than 300 years ago when Scotland and England combined. Since then Great Britain has been involved in the War of the Spanish Succession, the War of the Austrian Succession, the Seven Years War, the American War of Independence, the French Revolutionary War, the Napoleonic Wars (visions of Russell Crow with a gas mask in Master and Commander), the Crimean War, the Boer War, World Wars i and II, the Korean War, the Falklands War, the Gulf Wars and numerous other conflicts. Please enlighten us. I was only aware that poison gas was used in WW1.

After WW1, when poison gas was used by both sides, the international community banned the use of chemical and biological weapons and reinforced the ban in 1972 and 1993 by prohibiting the development, production, stockpiling and transfer of these weapons.

https://www.icrc.org/en/document/chemical-biological-weapons

I don't think there was any refusal (is it not the case that Russia were refused because the protocol is not to give it to them?) and you may now know that International inspectors from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons have since arrived in the UK. They have been to the location in Salisbury and have also been given permission, following approval by a judge, to take a sample of the Skripals' blood. The OPCW inspectors will be carrying out their own work at Porton Down itself and at other labs around the world to independently verify the work done by the UK.

Thanks for the History lesson. I should have said modern warfare as I am aware the Jacobite rebellion did not have mustard gas..... at least the Russians know how to rig an election. Would be a great idea if Brexit had been run by the Russians , it would have been 90-10 on way or another

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

There's a substantial time lapse between my post that you quote your reply 

@TPAFKATS: Yes. I only came across the thread yesterday and my use of "may now know" and "since" was my attempt to acknowledge that time lapse (btw, your quote was my response to Bud the Baker's comment). The jury is still out, as it were, and we must await the OPCW findings. Certainly, the UK are convinced the substance is of Russian origin and our NATO allies also appear convinced but, from what I can see, Joe Public still doesn't know for certain who is responsible. Was it on direct orders from Putin to send out a message to others who wish to betray the motherland? Or, for example,  was the substance acquired by 'other parties' in Russia by authorised, or by criminal means from the Russian state? Either way, it's very embarrassing for Russia if the substance is confirmed to be of Russian origin. 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Thanks for the History lesson. I should have said modern warfare as I am aware the Jacobite rebellion did not have mustard gas..... at least the Russians know how to rig an election. Would be a great idea if Brexit had been run by the Russians , it would have been 90-10 on way or another

@ DougJamie: You're welcome (I like history :nerd ).  As I mentioned, the only conclusive evidence that Britain has ever used chemical weapons in modern warfare was in WW1. I was also going to mention reports of poison gas being used in the '20s in Iraq after WW1 (and before the UK's ratification of the aforementioned international conventions to ban these weapons) but I declined to mention this because I recently came across the following link (so the jury is still out on that one).

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091022064745.htm

Going back to your original assertion of use in "every" war (presumably since WW1), I know of no other instances and so was interested to know the source(s) of your information.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

In the historical fact movie :P Braveheart the Scots lifted up their kilts to show their naked behinds what the movie left out was the fart a mild unpleasant gas not know as a killer gas but one with a unpleasant smell to make one feel squeamish.  Unfortunately a wind present blow the gas away from the English army this is known as the  first gas attack to be used. 

52 minutes ago, Westmarcher said:

@TPAFKATS: Yes. I only came across the thread yesterday and my use of "may now know" and "since" was my attempt to acknowledge that time lapse (btw, your quote was my response to Bud the Baker's comment). The jury is still out, as it were, and we must await the OPCW findings. Certainly, the UK are convinced the substance is of Russian origin and our NATO allies also appear convinced but, from what I can see, Joe Public still doesn't know for certain who is responsible. Was it on direct orders from Putin to send out a message to others who wish to betray the motherland? Or, for example,  was the substance acquired by 'other parties' in Russia by authorised, or by criminal means from the Russian state? Either way, it's very embarrassing for Russia if the substance is confirmed to be of Russian origin. 

@ DougJamie: You're welcome (I like history :nerd ).  As I mentioned, the only conclusive evidence that Britain has ever used chemical weapons in modern warfare was in WW1. I was also going to mention reports of poison gas being used in the '20s in Iraq after WW1 (and before the UK's ratification of the aforementioned international conventions to ban these weapons) but I declined to mention this because I recently came across the following link (so the jury is still out on that one).

Going back to your original assertion of use in "every" war (presumably since WW1), I know of no other instances and so was interested to know the source(s) of your information.

Ok, as your obviously an Expert, or an Egghead, or Mastermind Champion or just a simple Saints fan with an IQ of a zillion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_weapons_and_the_United_Kingdom

However, your obviously just believing what your reading and therefore don't have any real opinions . So read this. First paragraph. Also have a relative who actually fought in the WW2 campaign and listen to what really happened ....

Look up the word propaganda also

PS 49% of the Bible didn't really happen:rolleyes:

22 hours ago, Westmarcher said:

I'm well aware of all this, the reason I posted the headline was to acknowledge Putin's two fingered salute to May. I presume relations between the two countries will be frosty until one of the current leaders goes. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

However, your obviously just believing what your reading and therefore don't have any real opinions .

PS 49% of the Bible didn't really happen:rolleyes:

:lol :lol :lol

My opinions are based on evidence not on what you make up.  There are people who still believe the Earth is flat .... surely you don't too?

p.s. who mentioned the Bible? (and 49% you say. Hmmm. So precise. Impressive. More Wikipedia research?)

8 minutes ago, Westmarcher said:

:lol :lol :lol

My opinions are based on evidence not on what you make up.  There are people who still believe the Earth is flat .... surely you don't too?

p.s. who mentioned the Bible? (and 49% you say. Hmmm. So precise. Impressive. More Wikipedia research?)

No I was trying your theory of guessing .

Whats your evidence, did you do it yourself, or do you have reliable sources of intelligence being fed into you...... parts of the earth are flat. My back patio for starters as it took me ages to ensure it was .................... see that's a fact ............ not a theory   

Guest TPAFKATS
Cheers.
For some reason when I try to reply on the mobile version it only quotes the last part of your reply - as you will see above.

I agree with you that this will be embarrassing for Russia IF it's proven to be their chemical weapon.

From what I have read on these substances there was no formula therefore it can't be identified as belonging to anyone. This came from a guy who was at Porton Down and a member of the OPCW.

This might be why UK gov waited so long before bringing in OPCW?

Guest TPAFKATS

The local NHS trust in Salisbury reports that Yulia the daughter of the double agent is no longer in a critical condition and is improving rapidly.

Deadliest nerve agent ever...

Guest TPAFKATS

Porton Down announce that they can't determine who made this substance.
Only 4 days since Boris did a TV interview saying he had been told by Porton Down that it was definitely the Russians.

I'm sure our media and HM opposition will be all over this...

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Only 4 days since Boris did a TV interview saying he had been told by Porton Down that it was definitely the Russians.

The Tory story is falling apart.

Lets be honest, if the Russian government wanted the Skripals dead, they would be dead. North Korea had no problem bumping off their guy in Malaysia.

Of course it's possible another source in Russia ordered the attack, such as the mafia. But I doubt the government would make such a hash of it.

Ive just read this gem in The Guardian:

UK urged to counter 'disinformation' from Russia over novichok | UK news | The Guardian - www.theguardian.com
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/04/uk-urged-to-counter-disinformation-from-russia-over-novichok

This bloke says the UK needs to counter "Russian disinformation", yet Boris Johnson only just claimed Porton Down were certain it was made in Russia :lol: the irony is fantastic.

On 28/03/2018 at 10:12 AM, DougJamie said:

So can you define "modern warfare " and per your previous assertion about all wars , it would seem presumptuous now to exclude all theJacobite Rebellions. .

Hope this helps.  

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Bit of back peddling going on, me think. 

17 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

So can you define "modern warfare " and per your previous assertion about all wars , it would seem presumptuous now to exclude all theJacobite Rebellions. .

Hope this helps.  

Well technically its was a rebellion and a series of battles, so it wasn't two countries warring ....... Hope this helps :whistle