Summer Transfer Window

Sweeper07

• 3 weeks later...

There’s a few player in this championship who could take the step up I wouldn’t mind us taking a punt on or seeing about there availability to join us

Halkett and hardie from Livingston

Dobbie definitely but don’t see that happening.

Sibbald and jakubiak although he’s on loan from Watford

Polworth from ict

Williamson, Clark and McManus from Dunfermline

Even Russel and oware from Morton

Wouldn’t be disappointed to see us take a punt on any of these guys if they are available and within our budget

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

There’s a few player in this championship who could take the step up I wouldn’t mind us taking a punt on or seeing about there availability to join us

Polworth from ict

Wouldn’t be disappointed to see us take a punt on any of these guys if they are available and within our budget

JUST wait for the meltdown about players on your list and their abilities...

None of us will agree with everyones elses suggestions... Halkett and Sibbald I would gladly take, some of the others perhaps.

To be fair Sonny, I think they were referring to the Aberdeen game where we did have a full squad.
Against Dundee although they won, you could see a gulf between the two teams but one in which we looked way better than them until McGennis came of injured and we had a wee "heids gone" moment.
If you look at our first eleven, only Morgan is definitely gone and we need a replacement.  I'm not sure if either O'keefe or Flannigan are good enough to replace him but they probably would be good enough to come of the bench and inject a bit of pace into the team. So I think we need to look at LM. Morgan is in some ways irreplaceable. But we're really not a one man team. A decent LM in the mould of Flynn would work fine.
I'd be delighted if we brought in 5 or 10 new players as some suggest and we will have a bigger budget when we clear out some of the dead wood.  But I'd much rather we brought in 2-3 players that were definitely better than what we have. So Cairey making a third stint at saints, Higdon returning, Paul McGinn, Scott Allen.  That's the calibre I think we need to look at.  Not sure how many of them you get to the pound.

Paul McGinn-yes Carey-yes Scott Allan-would be great but there’s no chance and as for Higdon he’s now 34 and has scored 9 goals in 4 seasons since leaving Nijmegen.

7 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

JUST wait for the meltdown about players on your list and their abilities...

None of us will agree with everyones elses suggestions... Halkett and Sibbald I would gladly take, some of the others perhaps.

7 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Polworth from ict

Russel from Morton and Halket from livi are top picks for me.  Russel has always played well against us when we have played that mob. definitely one to consider as we do need another lb 

4 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

I'm pretty sure any transfer of Sibbald requires a development fee which is why he never moved on from Falkirk last season. Could be wrong though. 

Think he is 23 later on in May so would that still apply????

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Hmm....

Ah well, I trust Jack's judgement, and he tends to get the best out of players.

The lad missed preseason training due to an operation according to Morton fans they said he has not been as mobile this season compared to the previous season where they say he was outstanding. Wondering what is going on with Reilly he has been talking about his family maybe looking for a better deal. 

Never been hugely impressed by O Ware. 
Would much rather see Halkett sign for us. Of course that would be very much based on whether Livi go up. 
I've always thought O'Ware looked quite good against us never really noticed Halkett in the Livingston games I've been to, I did think Livingston's right back Gallagher looked quite good against us on title winning day would be happy for him to sign if we don't get Smith back.

Others must have seen something in O'Ware to put him in Team of the Year. After all none of us have watched him in every game this season (I presume!). If he joins then he will improve our chances from set pieces seeing as he constantly beat our current players to the ball, so we'll gain in that respect.

Jack has built this team first to survive, then to succeed. If the rumours are true and Jack genuinely believes O'Ware would be a good addition, then I'm behind Jack. In Jack we trust.