Summer Transfer Window

Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Others must have seen something in O'Ware to put him in Team of the Year. After all none of us have watched him in every game this season (I presume!). If he joins then he will improve our chances from set pieces seeing as he constantly beat our current players to the ball, so we'll gain in that respect.

Jack has built this team first to survive, then to succeed. If the rumours are true and Jack genuinely believes O'Ware would be a good addition, then I'm behind Jack. In Jack we trust.

In theory signing folk from the team of the year seems a safe bet, however we tried that last year with a few League One players (Kirkpatrick was definitely one) and it didn't really work.  Although nothing will beat folk clinging to the fact Kyle Hutton was allegedly Queen of the South's player of the year - a stat quoted almost as much as Andy Robertson having played for Queen's Park five years ago, though at least that is definitely true.

Also, I wonder if any other set of supporters are as obsessed with signing former players as ours? Some of the suggestions are either laughably unrealistic (like Charlie Adam), or folk who probably aren't good enough now. We are allowed to go for players who have no previous connection with the club.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

In theory signing folk from the team of the year seems a safe bet, however we tried that last year with a few League One players (Kirkpatrick was definitely one) and it didn't really work.  Although nothing will beat folk clinging to the fact Kyle Hutton was allegedly Queen of the South's player of the year - a stat quoted almost as much as Andy Robertson having played for Queen's Park five years ago, though at least that is definitely true.

Also, I wonder if any other set of supporters are as obsessed with signing former players as ours? Some of the suggestions are either laughably unrealistic (like Charlie Adam), or folk who probably aren't good enough now. We are allowed to go for players who have no previous connection with the club.

In fairness I thought Kirkpatrick would be a decent signing, his goals haul was excellent last season. It appears he's done alright this season with Alloa, perhaps L1 is just his level or perhaps he does have a future in the Championship, but it wasn't the right time with us.

Regarding O'Ware, is this his second time in TOTS? If so, it shows a level of consistency unlike the one season wonders of Hutton. Not at all sure if O'Ware has achieved this previously.

I get your last point but I'll take Naismith back though. He's a local lad too so perhaps it increases the likelihood of such a move happening.

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In fairness I thought Kirkpatrick would be a decent signing, his goals haul was excellent last season. It appears he's done alright this season with Alloa, perhaps L1 is just his level or perhaps he does have a future in the Championship, but it wasn't the right time with us.

Regarding O'Ware, is this his second time in TOTS? If so, it shows a level of consistency unlike the one season wonders of Hutton. Not at all sure if O'Ware has achieved this previously.

I get your last point but I'll take Naismith back though. He's a local lad too so perhaps it increases the likelihood of such a move happening.

I thought the likes of Kirkpatrick would be decent too, mainly because he was in team of the year. Sadly, being in team of the year doesn't guarantee they'll be decent.

I'd have Naismith too but that's another that falls into the unrealistic category (although not as bad as the suggestions of Adam and Carey). He'll be off down south if he leaves County.

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

I thought the likes of Kirkpatrick would be decent too, mainly because he was in team of the year. Sadly, being in team of the year doesn't guarantee they'll be decent.

I'd have Naismith too but that's another that falls into the unrealistic category (although not as bad as the suggestions of Adam and Carey). He'll be off down south if he leaves County.

Charlie Miller and Burns fae’ QoTS. This time, this window, this will be the one.

3 hours ago, John Gotti said:

I just hope Jack is given a "war chest" as it seems this is very important. 

John

Our transfer fee for Lewis Morgan,  Over 500000 prize money and our assured minimum of around 1000000 prize money plus increased season ticket sales and projected attendances will provide the war chest you are hoping for.  Icing on the cake would be a windfall of 1000000+ if John McGinn is transferred for the kind of money quoted. Not allot that would be put in the playing budget at this time infant. In my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Would imagine we will be targeting players from whatever club is relegated from the Premiership. We need to be signing players with top flight experience. 

Anyone believe that David Templeton or Ali Crawford from Hamilton would be realistic targets?

35 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Anyone believe that David Templeton or Ali Crawford from Hamilton would be realistic targets?

Crawford is meant to go Hibs and templeton is only at Hamilton to prove fitness so he’ll probably be going to a bigger club hearts or Aberdeen 

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

John

Our transfer fee for Lewis Morgan,  Over 500000 prize money and our assured minimum of around 1000000 prize money plus increased season ticket sales and projected attendances will provide the war chest you are hoping for.  Icing on the cake would be a windfall of 1000000+ if John McGinn is transferred for the kind of money quoted. Not allot that would be put in the playing budget at this time infant. In my opinion. 

It was a dig at how the Scottish media always refer to Sevco’s transfer budget as a war chest..........and since Jack wants us to compete, I figured we needed one too.

Crawford is meant to go Hibs and templeton is only at Hamilton to prove fitness so he’ll probably be going to a bigger club hearts or Aberdeen 

Crawford isn’t feasible but I would love for us to go for Templeton. As close to a replacement to Morgan as we could afford.

11 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Crawford isn’t feasible but I would love for us to go for Templeton. As close to a replacement to Morgan as we could afford.

I agree templeton would be a good signing my only worry would be his injuries but if his time at Hamilton is anything to go on he’d be a great signing 

Just now, ReturnOf isma is god said:

I agree templeton would be a good signing my only worry would be his injuries but if his time at Hamilton is anything to go on he’d be a great signing 

He's got a long history of injury but let's be honest, most players of ability at our level come with a caveat of some type. Main thing is that this season he's proven he's pretty much over them and that would be as good as we could hope for.

10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

John

My head is bursting trying to work out what this means.

Has anyone mentioned a possible return for Jason Naismirh? 

I would love to get him and Sean Kelly back, both experienced and proven Premiership performers at a good age. If County go down - as is looking likely - I think we could get both.

Full back is an area we need a lot of strengthening in and that would be a great way to start.

47 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Would love to get Jason back but I think there is no chance. Was recently listed as no 7 in an article of the best full backs in the Premiership. Think he will be heading to Engerland.

Local boy and  a few posters know his family if he was to come back I'm sure we will hear about it. But yes I agree with you. 

11 hours ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Would imagine we will be targeting players from whatever club is relegated from the Premiership. We need to be signing players with top flight experience. 

Names being mentioned - 

Naismith & Kelly presuming Ross Co might get relegated : yes they are players with top flight experience but at the bottom... There is lots of good ability in both these players though.

Templeton & Keith Watson - Keith has played 6 games in 2 years and Templeton has had a lot of injuries previously but has had a much better season this time - We took Keith on the last time precisely with the same injury hassles and he turned out to be a leader and a star - but no guarantees either way. Templeton would fit Morgan's slot well, but is the Hyppo not good enough for a 1st team jersey? (I think the jury is out on that as he has not had much of a run yet) but we do need 2 players for every position and a real challenge for the 1st 11 jerseys.

Crawford - mixed feelings about him - think he has some real ability, but he is not overly different from the midfielders we have already, except his Premiership experience..

I think too that our ambition will target players not only from the bottom end of the Premiership or with Premiership experience...

O'Ware does have something to offer us  - is he signing?

Looking forward to Davis signing  contract and see if Reilly signs his offer. Will their be announcements later today?

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, smithy12 said:

Russel from Morton and Halket from livi are top picks for me.  Russel has always played well against us when we have played that mob. definitely one to consider as we do need another lb 

Watch Russel recently when I took in the Morton ICT game.  no thanks! Halket maybe but is he good enough to step up to the premiership?

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Sean Kelly is simply not good enough. If we realistically want top 6 then players like him and a few others like him mentioned on here are not going to do it. 

I thought he did well when played at centre back. 

All about opinions though.