Summer Transfer Window

Sweeper07

2 hours ago, truesaint said:

Fraser Fyvie if Utd don't go up? Wages may be an issue but would be a good addition if back fit again.

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Kane Hemmings OOC end of this month, scored 21 goals for Dundee in the top division in 2015-16

Think both would be excellent additions.

16 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Wouldn’t touch Naismith and kelly again both fighting relegation yet again and both weren’t upto much even in the championship

Disagree Naismith was one of our main men. He got a bad injury but recovered well and won a move to the premier league. He’s been one of the best wing backs in that league and has the size and build we need at that level.

Edited by Big Yards

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Scott Fraser OOC end of this month. He's 23 so no compensation required.

You need to stop suggesting really good possibilities - it is too stark of contrast from the rubbish suggestions that many others are making...   :)

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Fraser did cross my mind along with Fyvie.

Both coming off the back serious injuries are the only downsides

We have a track record of taking players like this  - Davis, McGregor and some others  - the reality is this is why we might have a chance to get them, cause without their troubles, they might be beyond us...

With all players there is a risk of injury - whether it is a recurrence or a new injury...  J & J will not be put-off if they think the guys are the right calibre... (These 2 certainly seem to be), they are keen to come to us and we can afford them.

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We have a track record of taking players like this  - Davis, McGregor and some others  - the reality is this is why we might have a chance to get them, cause without their troubles, they might be beyond us...

With all players there is a risk of injury - whether it is a recurrence or a new injury...  J & J will not be put-off if they think the guys are the right calibre... (These 2 certainly seem to be), they are keen to come to us and we can afford them.

Radio last night was saying that Blackpool and Hibs are both linked with Fraser, so will likely be a bit outwith the budget we can offer.

9 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You said that Josh Mullin has only played so many games this season and is in your opinion not good enough for the top league (fair enough your opinion) But then you mention two players here who have played about the same amount of games between them as Mullin has in the same league:lol

Disagree Naismith was one of our main men. He got a bad injury but recovered well and won a move to the premier league. He’s been one of the best wing backs in that league and has the size and build we need at that level.

Our defence in the championship with kelly and Naismith was a complete shambles.

Naismith lost a lot of his attacking threat bombing down the wing after his injury wasn’t the same player when he came back imo.

We don’t need any size or build for that level if a player is good enough that it. typical Scottish mentality about you have to be big and powerful to play at the highest level

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

You said that Josh Mullin has only played so many games this season and is in your opinion not good enough for the top league (fair enough your opinion) But then you mention two players here who have played about the same amount of games between them as Mullin has in the same league:lol

So your logic is the much better players who never played much last season because of injury are not as good as the guy who was most often a sub, and though fully fit only played in 1/2 his teams games... Come on Harry Davis played 1 more game than Mullin this season - he was injured for nearly 1/2 the season - even though he was a defender he scored more goals and you are not telling me Mullin made a better contribution for Livi than Davis did for St. Mirren ???? 

Fyvie and Fraser got serious injuries as Harry did - but the difference is they are much better players than Mullin...

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Radio last night was saying that Blackpool and Hibs are both linked with Fraser, so will likely be a bit outwith the budget we can offer.

They might well be out of our budget IF the others are interested and strike a deal... but this is the silly season, agents talking players up, let's see what transpires..

On 05/05/2018 at 2:35 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Kane Hemmings OOC end of this month, scored 21 goals for Dundee in the top division in 2015-16

Hemmings has another year on his Oxford contract.

Doesn't mean he won't be moving on but he's definitely not out of contract.

Edited by djchapsticks

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

So your logic is the much better players who never played much last season because of injury are not as good as the guy who was most often a sub, and though fully fit only played in 1/2 his teams games... Come on Harry Davis played 1 more game than Mullin this season - he was injured for nearly 1/2 the season - even though he was a defender he scored more goals and you are not telling me Mullin made a better contribution for Livi than Davis did for St. Mirren ???? 

Fyvie and Fraser got serious injuries as Harry did - but the difference is they are much better players than Mullin...

Not at all , where did I say they were not as good as Mullin ? I said he had played more games or almost more games than the two of them together , not he was better. How do you know they both want to come to us, are you one of the ITK brigade

On the injury bit , how do you know that Mullin didn't miss a few games due to it?

Edited by linwood buddie

I am not ITK - my point IS not how many games any of them played but how good each of them are...

We need to hit the ground running next season, so I think we need a number of guys who are clearly better than what we already have - to improve the team.

I don't see Mullin being that calibre - it will be interesting to see what will happen to him if Livi go up? I think he will be in the Championship next season..

Fyvie and Fraser however will likely play at a higher level.... time will tell.

I don't think there are too many guys in the Championship that will improve us next season...

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

I am not ITK - my point IS not how many games any of them played but how good each of them are...

We need to hit the ground running next season, so I think we need a number of guys who are clearly better than what we already have - to improve the team.

I don't see Mullin being that calibre - it will be interesting to see what will happen to him if Livi go up? I think he will be in the Championship next season..

Fyvie and Fraser however will likely play at a higher level.... time will tell.

I don't think there are too many guys in the Championship that will improve us next season...

TBH I don't think hes any kind of superstar , I see him as a decent squad player . I watched bits of the game last night a think the boy had a good game and the type of player who can come on well under Jack .

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

TBH I don't think hes any kind of superstar , I see him as a decent squad player . I watched bits of the game last night a think the boy had a good game and the type of player who can come on well under Jack .

Fair enough - but come Sept he is 26 - it is usually about there that players are in peak condition and have bags of experience...

As far as being a decent squad player - it is of course a possibility - I am just being impatient waiting to hear about the best signings that we will make... I hope we get guys that make some of our previous 1st 11 become the squad players - no harm to them- but I want us to greatly improve so that we do more than just survive next season.

Our defence in the championship with kelly and Naismith was a complete shambles.

Naismith lost a lot of his attacking threat bombing down the wing after his injury wasn’t the same player when he came back imo.

We don’t need any size or build for that level if a player is good enough that it. typical Scottish mentality about you have to be big and powerful to play at the highest level

Recently rated 3rd best right back in the league after Tierney and Tavernier, yet you wouldn’t have him back.... solid logic.

Most likely going to win County’s POTY as well.

Regardless of that you’ve heard it here first that Naismith won’t be coming back here next season.

As for Sean, he’s been out of favour at County for a while now and also just coming back from injury. The majority of their fans don’t rate Sean now. If County go down he will most likely stay at championship level, wish all the best to both of them - wherever they should end up.

Recently rated 3rd best right back in the league after Tierney and Tavernier, yet you wouldn’t have him back.... solid logic.

Most likely going to win County’s POTY as well.

Regardless of that you’ve heard it here first that Naismith won’t be coming back here next season.

As for Sean, he’s been out of favour at County for a while now and also just coming back from injury. The majority of their fans don’t rate Sean now. If County go down he will most likely stay at championship level, wish all the best to both of them - wherever they should end up.

Really 3 rd best so he’s better than shay Logan at Aberdeen ? Dunno who was rating the right backs lol

Not disappointed to see him not coming back as I’ve said already didn’t even stand out in the championship in a shambolic defence when we first came down and yet again he’s looking like being part of the team that finishes bottom.

More than happy to see us look elsewhere