Summer Transfer Window

Sweeper07

Really 3 rd best so he’s better than shay Logan at Aberdeen ? Dunno who was rating the right backs lol

Not disappointed to see him not coming back as I’ve said already didn’t even stand out in the championship in a shambolic defence when we first came down and yet again he’s looking like being part of the team that finishes bottom.

More than happy to see us look elsewhere
A fair part of Naismith looking poor in championship was down to Rae stopping him going beyond half way line and telling him to "shell it" from inside his own half. Naismith game is suited to driving on with the ball and to stop that limited him

A fair part of Naismith looking poor in championship was down to Rae stopping him going beyond half way line and telling him to "shell it" from inside his own half. Naismith game is suited to driving on with the ball and to stop that limited him

Yep agree with that but that has nothing to do with his defensive side like kelly both good bombing forward but when it comes to defending their not that very good.

37 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

Paul Paton I've heard

The circumstances surrounding Paton leaving St Johnstone were a bit odd.

I don't think many people - including Paton, obviously - seen it coming.  I was surprised that he didn't get another club for the remainder of the season, even on a short term deal.

Not having paid much attention to his progress as a player, I couldn't really comment as to whether he'd be a good signing or not, but he has played at a decent level, and was selected for his international squad relatively recently, so you'd have to think that he has something about him?

Lives in Linwood.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

The circumstances surrounding Paton leaving St Johnstone were a bit odd.

I don't think many people - including Paton, obviously - seen it coming.  I was surprised that he didn't get another club for the remainder of the season, even on a short term deal.

Not having paid much attention to his progress as a player, I couldn't really comment as to whether he'd be a good signing or not, but he has played at a decent level, and was selected for his international squad relatively recently, so you'd have to think that he has something about him?

Lives in Linwood.

Paton himself tweeted last night that he's coming back to play in Scotland. Obviously the Arabs fans were all over it - he could be their Stephen McGinn, effectively - but you'd like to think he'd take a top flight team. Then again, you could have said that about McGinn.

Edit: here's the tweet:

Another edit: of course, he also tweeted this B) :

Edited by Magic Monkey

3 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Paton himself tweeted last night that he's coming back to play in Scotland. Obviously the Arabs fans were all over it - he could be their Stephen McGinn, effectively - but you'd like to think he'd take a top flight team. Then again, you could have said that about McGinn.

Edit: here's the tweet:

Another edit: of course, he also tweeted this B) :

I didn't realise he'd been playing elsewhere. Dahn saaf?

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Breaking News

Daily Record Reveal Paul McGinn on his way to St Mirren

A bit of good news showing that work goes on behind the scenes at the club. 

Thistle fans say good defensively but not so hot going forward.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Breaking News

Daily Record Reveal Paul McGinn on his way to St Mirren

A bit of good news showing that work goes on behind the scenes at the club. 

Breaking news?

I was telling anyone who was willing to listen at the Thistle v Livi game that was happening.

45 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Thistle fans say good defensively but not so hot going forward.

He is very good going forward.

Had a few long passes up the wing to a forward line that were useless.

To be successful at right back with Thistle you would have to pass to yourself at right half, ask yourself to hold the ball whilst you overlap, and then receive the return pass before sending in the cross.

Too many Thistle players weren’t even good at passing  the ball sideways. 

Too many slow touches too many times.