Growing up in 60s & 70s

whydowebother

Growing up in the 60s for me was the Music of the Stones and the Beatles.  Avoiding street fights.  Playing Rugby and competing in Athletics.  Discovering Girls, Black and Tans made with Sweet Stout. Leaving home,  University and starting both a job and a family.  Do remember the Geeg or Bogie as we called it.  Big wheels at the back were definitely cool. A Fab era to grow up in. 

Was born and lived at the top end of Chapelhill road Hunterhill which was made for geegs. Exploring Dykebar woods with its swing ropes over the burn that would snap now and again lol. The onto Donaldswood road at the bottom end of Glenburn. At the back of the house was the wood for exploring after that full size football pitches. At the front of the house more football pitches of the school. We used to swim in Stanely dam during the summer while Geleniffer breaes were another great attraction. Got to 16 me and my mates would go to Shuffles dance hall in Sauchiehall Street now the garage. Around the corner Punk was about to arrive with Paisley being right at the heart of it due to Glasgow banging Punk bands. Hung around with quite a few posters on here during that period you know who you are great guys great times. 

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Geeg heaven was managing to find some of those big Pram wheels for the back and a complete pair of wee ones to give the Hot rod appearance . Hammering down Spey avenue hill with a sharp left into Findhorn really tested the build quality. B)  and your brakes (heels) if there was a car coming!!

Did you no hit a wall and break your arm :lol:

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I remember never being in the house during daylight hours except for meals.

My parents used to keep me in as a punishment.

And let you out as a punishment to the rest of us?:lol:

ETA. Posted without seeing the last comment. (Far superior to my effort)

Edited by stlucifer

40 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

And let you out as a punishment to the rest of us?:lol:

ETA. Posted without seeing the last comment. (Far superior to my effort)

I will give you a "like" anyway for your effort.

You and Hendo are a pair of cheeky f**kers but sadly I have no decent comeback to his post.