Getting a ticket to Watch Saints in 2018/2019

If,  as now looks likely barring a total collapse,  we will be playing in the Premier League next season how easy will it be to get a ticket to see matches at St MIrren Park without a season ticket? 

There are already concerns that the club will allocate part of the west stand or alterntively both North and South Ends to say Celtic or Rangers.  

Apart from this idea not being popular with fans what are the alternatives? 

Some might include. 

1.Selling out both the Main and West Stand to season ticket holders. 

2 Ensuring that the South stand is permanently used to encourage young fan groups andfamilies to come along. 

Some might say that the first of these is impossible.  I disagree but would like to see the following change in season ticket allocation in the West and Family Stands. 

Introduce unallocated areas for season tickets into part of the West And South Stands. These would be easily policed by stewards checking tickets for access to these areas. 

These would allow variable pricing. For other dedicated seats include the cost of a name sticker (perhaps as a donation to SMISA)  and personalise the seat. 

Feel free to come up with better ideas. 

Edited by St.Ricky

40 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

If,  as now looks likely barring a total collapse,  we will be playing in the Premier League next season how easy will it be to get a ticket to see matches at St MIrren Park without a season ticket? 

There are already concerns that the club will allocate part of the west stand or alterntively both North and South Ends to say Celtic or Rangers.  

Apart from this idea not being popular with fans what are the alternatives? 

Some might include. 

1.Selling out both the Main and West Stand to season ticket holders. 

2 Ensuring that the South stand is permanently used to encourage young fan groups andfamilies to come along. 

Some might say that the first of these is impossible.  I disagree but would like to see the following change in season ticket allocation in the West and Family Stands. 

Introduce unallocated areas for season tickets into part of the West And South Stands. These would be easily policed by stewards checking tickets for access to these areas. 

These would allow variable pricing. For other dedicated seats include the cost of a name sticker (perhaps as a donation to SMISA)  and personalise the seat. 

Feel free to come up with better ideas. 

Don't see it as a problem going by the last time we were in the top flight. What is annoying is back to those lunchtime kick offs when you play the old firm what 8 times a year plus :huh:

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't see it as a problem going by the last time we were in the top flight. What is annoying is back to those lunchtime kick offs when you play the old firm what 8 times a year plus :huh:

^^^^^^^ What he said.

Haven't you been to see us when we were in the top league Ricky? :blink:

52 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^^ What he said.

Haven't you been to see us when we were in the top league Ricky? :blink:

Have followed the team home and away since 1974.

Celtic fans had no problems going to watch their team until the Fergus McAnn era. 

Rangers fans had no problems going to watch their team until the Souness era. 

Hearts and Hibs have both extended their grounds to cope with demand. 

Aberdeen are in the process of building a new and larger stadium. 

Things are changing in Scottish Football. It might not have reached all of the clubs yet but they are changing. 

Saint's are under new and more dynamic ownership.  Fan ownership and engagement has grown. Home section . Crowds are growing.

I expect them to grow even more in the top lesgue and I expect us to sell more season tickets in the coming season. 

Mypoint is...  What ideas do forum members have for increasing the number to say 4/5000?

Is it pricing or are there other ways to do this? 

I think we will  attract an average away support of around 1000 a match with more for Celtic,  Rangers.  Hibs. Hearts.  Aberdeen

Agree about the kick off times and date changes things 100 per cent

Edited by St.Ricky

31 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Have followed the team home and away since 1974.

Celtic fans had no problems going to watch their team until the Fergus McAnn era. 

Rangers fans had no problems going to watch their team until the Souness era. 

Hearts and Hibs have both extended their grounds to cope with demand. 

Things are changing in Scottish Football. It might not have reached all of the clubs yet but they are changing. 

Saint's are under new and more dynamic ownership.  Fan ownership and engagement has grown. Home section . Crowds are growing.

I expect them to grow even more in the top lesgue and I expect us to sell more season tickets in the coming season. 

Mypoint is...  What ideas do forum members have for increasing the number to say 4/5000?

Is it pricing or are there other ways to do this? 

I think we will  attract an average away support of around 1000 a match with more for Celtic,  Rangers.  Hibs. Hearts.  Aberdeen

Agree about the kick off times and date changes things 100 per cent

Didn't you start a thread about crowds a while ago and it died a death as there no chance we would substantially increase our crowds on a regular basis unless we were challenging for the league and the odd cup final. 

It's been discussed to death on here, although that won't stop you starting another thread along the same lines.

No harm in dreaming but that's all it is. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Didn't you start a thread about crowds a while ago and it died a death as there no chance we would substantially increase our crowds on a regular basis unless we were challenging for the league and the odd cup final. 

It's been discussed to death on here, although that won't stop you starting another thread along the same lines.

No harm in dreaming but that's all it is. 

No dreaming Faraway.

Do you go to every home game?

Have the fans grown closer to the club?

Have Hibs,  Hearts and Aberdeen increased or plan to increase capacity?

Ideas please rather than doom and gloom.

And...if you don't go every week. Why not start now and be part of the change??

Just now, St.Ricky said:

No dreaming Faraway.

Do you go to every home game?

Have the fans grown closer to the club?

Have Hibs,  Hearts and Aberdeen increased or plan to increase capacity?

:snore

A strange at it may seem some people have other priorities. 

Thanks for asking. :byebye

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

:snore

A strange at it may seem some people have other priorities. 

Thanks for asking. :byebye

You asked me if I went to PL games in the past. I asked you a straightforward set of questions, one of which was whether or not you went to every match. You answered that one. Fair enough. I respect your honesty. 

What do you think would encourage people to "change their priorities" and commit to going regularly and buy a season ticket?

For me one reason would be to ensure that I can see the top teams and players in the country when they come? 

Then again people might prefer to subscribe to SSKY and watch games from England or elsewhere. I wouldn't. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by St.Ricky

23 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You asked me if I went to PL games in the past. I asked you a straightforward set of questions, one of which was whether or not you went to every match. You answered that one. Fair enough. I respect your honesty. 

What do you think would encourage people to "change their priorities" and commit to going regularly and buy a season ticket?

For me one reason would be to ensure that I can see the top teams and players in the country when they come? 

Then again people might prefer to subscribe to SSKY and watch games from England or elsewhere. I wouldn't. 

Thoughts? 

Nice edit.

My thoughts are, what I spend my money on is none of your, or anyone else's , fecking business.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Nice edit.

My thoughts are, what I spend my money on is none of your, or anyone else's , fecking business.

Jings. 

Touchy!

I am not asking you personally. I am asking what ideas you or anyone else might have to persuade more people to come along to games. 

As another poster has asked. ..where are the other 14000 fans out of the 18000 who were at the League Cup Final.  How can the club attract them on a more regular basis?

As a poster has just said ...set another target for fans to meet to keep the West Bank for Saints Fans only. Why not? Sounds good to me.

Again other clubs are building more capacity in their stadiums.  Change is happening. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Ricky, I love your optimism. Too may supporters - what a wonderful problem to have !!

I hope you are enjoying this season because next season (assuming promotion) won't be quite so much fun.

If (surely) we do achieve promoted, we will begin next season as one of the teams with the tiniest budgets (as usual), we may perhaps have lost our title-winning and highly-regarded young manager to a bigger club as well as Morgan (and maybe a few others), we are likely to struggle to accumulate points (as usual), and our home attendances will decrease as the euphoria of promotion diminishes and defeat-fatigue takes its toll (unfortunately, as usual).

Next season will begin with a groundswell of optimism from our support (myself included) but history has a habit of repeating itself. Since the 1970s / 1980s glory days of Fergie / Clunie / McFarlane we haven't proved capable of reaching the top division and then kicking on to further (league) success. I would love it to be otherwise but realistically can you see the "gloryhunter" element of our support sticking around if/when the defeats start to accumulate ?

St Mirren will have to punch hugely above our weight next season to avoid being involved in a relegation dogfight.

Ever optimistic, here's hoping !! :D

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Ricky, I love your optimism. Too may supporters - what a wonderful problem to have !!

I hope you are enjoying this season because next season (assuming promotion) won't be quite so much fun.

If (surely) we do achieve promoted, we will begin next season as one of the teams with the tiniest budgets (as usual), we may perhaps have lost our title-winning and highly-regarded young manager to a bigger club as well as Morgan (and maybe a few others), we are likely to struggle to accumulate points (as usual), and our home attendances will decrease as the euphoria of promotion diminishes and defeat-fatigue takes its toll (unfortunately, as usual).

Next season will begin with a groundswell of optimism from our support (myself included) but history has a habit of repeating itself. Since the 1970s / 1980s glory days of Fergie / Clunie / McFarlane we haven't proved capable of reaching the top division and then kicking on to further (league) success. I would love it to be otherwise but realistically can you see the "gloryhunter" element of our support sticking around if/when the defeats start to accumulate ?

St Mirren will have to punch hugely above our weight next season to avoid being involved in a relegation dogfight.

Ever optimistic, here's hoping !! :D

Take your points on board.

My take is that I am paying to see two teams each time I go and that the standard of the opposition and their players will be higher. I find this an attractive proposition as , I think do you.

You are absolutely right that the challenge is to kick on and reach a stage where (like St Johnstone) we are in or around the top six in a regular basis as the league stands.

I guess that I am being optimistic that the new found energy in the board and improved relationship with fans spills over into more bums on seats, more money and a squad which continues to improve. 

I guess I am looking for ideas to put those bums on seats without trying to mislead anyone on the challenges

Loving this season, puts you back in love with the game, dreading next season. Why, cos the Scottish top league is mostly nothing but a slug fest and the games an attritional bore dominated by avoiding relegation.

Expand the top league ffs.

Folk sicken of it very quickly, get put off because you can’t play (sadly) the decent attractive football for long, you default to the physical sludge , hope it turns out different and the teams embrace a high pressing high tempo attitude to games, I’ll not hold my breath though.

Premiership  - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Looking forward to trying to win the Scottish Cup & League Cup with a stronger St Mirren Team..

Will miss the Challenge Cup, but hopefully our Colts will do us proud and might win it.

16 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Dont mean to be pedantic but Aberdeen are not building a larger stadium. They are actually reducing the capacity slightly from 22k to 20k.

Surely over the years of supporting st mirren you've seen all this optimism before? 

It' not rocket science. We are top of the league and winning every week so attendances are looking good (in comparison to the last time we won the division in 05/06 they aren't actually that good)

When we are back in the premier league and getting beat every week our attendances will go back to what they have always been. Look at clubs like Killie and Motherwell. Similar size fan bases and they are getting about 3500/4000 most weeks.

Getting relegated from the top flight almost came as some sort of relief in the end for me.

Almost ten years of being in almost constant relegation battles definitely takes it's toll on you. At times I felt I was going to games because I should, not because I really wanted to.

I doubt I was alone in feeling like that.

When we went down I was looking forward to winning games again, challenging for titles or at worst being involved in play offs.

It didn't really pan out like that. The first season and a half were dreadful and we really hit rock bottom for me the day QoS came to St.Mirren Park and humped us 3-0, that was the day Jack went into the stand to have it out with one of his critics.

Ever since then the club has been transformed. We've been absolutely fantastic and great to watch, playing great football with an energy and enthusiasm that comes mighty close to the swagger of the 99-00 team. That season was the best I've ever experienced but this one is running it very close.

The feel good factor around the club is as good as it's been since then, even surpassing the feeling around the league cup win for me as the club at that point was still up for sale, there was a lot of uncertainty and our league form was still pish.

We're making good progress towards owning our own club, and we've got undoubtedly the best young manager in Scotland leading the charge.

If we can keep hold of him in the summer then we can go back to the top flight with justifiable optimism and hopefully the season ticket sales reflect that.

Football is a fickle business though, the good times don't tend to last too long at clubs our size! Enjoy it whilst it's good!!

17 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

As strange at it may seem some people have other priorities. 

I love your optimism Ricky.  I don't think winning, losing or what league your in will affect season ticket sales. People go to the football because they are fans or "Glory Hunters".  Glory hunters don't generally buy season tickets and Fans sometimes have other priorities.

I was a die hard saints fan between 73-87 and never missed a game if I had a free Saturday.  Little things in Life like Marriage, Kids, work, location and cash flow meant football was no ,longer a priority (Mainly the wife's view but there was only ever going to be one winner). I only went to a handful of saints games between 88 and 2016.  I travelled back to Paisley with my kids to the odd Morton  game but  in the main they had no real interest in football and weren't that interested. I wasn't really part of the two title wins during this period as other things in life were far more important. 

The main reason I came back were The club was fecked and it seemed like "Buy the Buds" was the only option on the table. I sort of wanted to give something back for the Happy times St Mirren had given me a kid. I was in the process of changing Jobs which meant Saturdays were mine again.  I could afford to go. The kids didn't need me and the wife had stopped nagging about me going to the football. Feck she even goes to the odd game now and again and my youngest daughter (over 18) goes every week she can.  Daddy pays of course.  My return did coincide with the arrival of Jack Ross but it was hardly a dream start watching the buds get pumped for the first few games but the great escape was immense. I'm a season ticket holder in the West stand because I love the day out and everything that goes with it not because we are winning or losing.

I think the idea that you can double the number of season ticket holders overnight is a bit of a day dream. I wish you luck in your campaign and whilst it would be nice to maintain the same seat all season, I fully expect to get F++++ed about when the terrible twins come to town because in the same way I need cash to go to the games  the club needs cash to survive.

Money makes the world go around and whilst it would be nice if we could fund the club through season tickets even the most die hard fans can't guarantee their lives can accommodate buying one and being able to turn up. Football fans are a fickle bunch and the club knows it.

On saying that,  Sign me up for renewing my ticket and I wish you well in your

5000 for 2018/19 Campaign

Ricky you are a Saint. You should be canonised.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
fickleness