Season 18/19 St Mirren Kit

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

All I did was measure the thickness of the stripes on an old Fergie’s Furies era shirt, then basically ask Richard Atkinson to get JD Sports to marry it with all-white shorts and socks.

Design time: two minutes.

That was the point though. Just keep it simple. Black and white stripes really can be simple to get right. Juventus mostly manage it every season.

Simple really.

What I don't entirely get is when we all became so interested in kit design. Did this creep up on us slowly or was there a particular kit that sparked this off? 

1 minute ago, TsuMirren said:

The JD redesign of the 87 kit was superb, just a shame we didn't make the cup final in order to wear it.

The JD ‘Fila’ sponsored one worn by Thommo when he scored a great goal at Ibrox was decent, as would have been the ‘Blacks’ sponsored one if they’d kept all the yellow off of it.

If I could be so bold as to like one of my own designs, I liked the black away kit with the red diagonal. Cheesy liked that one. Some players told me they liked the almost-fluorescent ‘Dortmund’ one as it was great under floodlit night games for picking out team-mates.

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Simple really.

What I don't entirely get is when we all became so interested in kit design. Did this creep up on us slowly or was there a particular kit that sparked this off? 

Kit design is important Ricky. Loads of youngsters choose their favourite teams from the colour or style of a kit.  For example in the recent Bill Shankly documentary there was a Liverpool fan they interviewed who said his Dad, an Everton fan, had taken him to watch a Liverpool derby. Everton were the more successful team at the time. His Dad bought him an Everton scarf outside the ground. Then when the teams came out under the floodlights and he saw the red Liverpool kit he chose Liverpool as his club and he's been going ever since. 

I've been a Sunderland fan since I mishear a commentator on the radio talking about "Tuearts brilliant skills" thinking he was talking about me - and not the excellent ex Sunderland , Man City, NY Cosmos, and England winger Dennis Tueart. But I nearly strayed in the early 80's when Southampton brought out a superb Patrick home and away kit that I instantly loved, and which coincided with them signing Kevin Keegan. When picking a Scottish team I very nearly became an Aberdeen fan just because I loved their Admiral kit from the 70's with the white stripes down the left hand side and it was only when my Grandfather pointed out how far away Aberdeen was from Hillington and told me he wouldn't be taking me there that I opted instead for a more local club, although I can't imagine I'd have bothered with St Mirren had they been wearing this kind of clobber. 

http://www.footballjerseymuseum.co.uk/Pages/St Mirren 1993 away/St Mirren 1993 away.htm

8 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I dare say there's quite a few wish you weren't bothering with them now.

I'm sure, but then this website would have always been unbelievably dull, with hardly anyone posting on it just like it was a few months back. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

On Twitter...Screenshot_20180613-090651_Twitter.jpeg

If the teaser is the actual strip I don't think it would be that far away to be honest. Joma will be working to a template and it's pretty evident from the picture what the collar will look like and what the detail is on the main stripe. The only way - I'd imagine - it would be significantly different would be if they decided to go with a predominately white top with just the single black stripe down the middle with the black and red collar detail. 

I suspect the away kit will be the Joma variety that has two stripes down the left hand side of the top - similar to the Romania away kit - but with a single black and a single white instead of the two yellow ones. 

7f2f1b5c08d5.jpg

Edited by StuD

14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Simple really.

Think most fans become really interested with kit design after a particularly good or shite kit.  I became interested after our clusterf**k bar code home top, or the relegation kit as some of us know it as. Was waiting, hoping and praying that the next kit was better, thankfully it was, apart from the 'king of chav's sandshoes' shield on the front.  We need simple, black and white stripes, of reasonable width, very little or no red, and no Patrick Thistle rehash jobs, sure Joma with help of club/fans, could cobble a good kit together

Guest TPAFKATS
If the teaser is the actual strip I don't think it would be that far away to be honest. Joma will be working to a template and it's pretty evident from the picture what the collar will look like and what the detail is on the main stripe. The only way - I'd imagine - it would be significantly different would be if they decided to go with a predominately white top with just the single black stripe down the middle with the black and red collar detail. 
I suspect the away kit will be the Joma variety that has two stripes down the left hand side of the top - similar to the Romania away kit - but with a single black and a single white instead of the two yellow ones. 
7f2f1b5c08d5.jpg
That would be good IMO. Would probably prefer 2 black stripes though.

5 hours ago, StuD said:

7f2f1b5c08d5.jpg

New away strip fades from red into black, (mainly red)  its nice.

On 6/13/2018 at 9:07 AM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

On Twitter...Screenshot_20180613-090651_Twitter.jpeg

Oh yes it bloody well is. Why did he tweet this denial when the mock up the bloke did, while a bit rough, is almost exactly how the new kit actually is?

Edited by pozbaird

Quite like the home one, probs 7/10 for me as it doesn't have enough stripes. Looks very "Dunfermline" to me.

Away kit looks like a golf polo shirt. 4/10 for me but sure it will appeal to others.

Seen worse, seen better. Will still buy the home one as usual!

I predicted my initial reaction would be ‘meh’, followed by ‘not as bad as I thought’. I was wrong. My initial reaction is ‘for fcuk sake, you’ve taken an old Partick / Espanyol kit, made it B&W, added fcuking RED’.

Well played Gordon & Fitzy, the best auld’ template Dunfermline FC kit I’ve ever seen.

Edited by pozbaird