Champions v Morton. Trophy Presentation 21/4/18

shull

The last season and a half have been awesome and a real high for all Buds  - Jack Ross deserves all the plaudits that have come his way as for me he has given us our club back.

The cup win in 2013 great as it was just papered over the cracks for me as we were on a bit of a downward spiral even then - Isma, Dummett and Newton saved our season. This years squad have been brilliant and regardless of what transpires at the end of this season they will have written their own piece of history.

Lets finish with a bit of style and show how good a side we are. As always COYS ...... let’s f#cken do this mob !

Looking forward to today's game. I think we'll be back to more or less our strongest starting eleven with the exception of McGinn. Can see the players being fully committed and desperate for the win this. I hope this is the case as I can't face losing another bet to a manky Ton fan in my work .

4-1 Saints.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I get plenty wrong, just nip over to the fecking betting thread. :(

Ethical choice

Why not learn from their mistakes - you'd be better buying shares in Bookies and getting dividends from the multi-million pound profits from guys like you rather than giving them the profits? (Betting is a mugs game except for the very few who are professional and good at it - the rest of us are just victims..

Try it and see how much your loss turns to profit...

Edited by Sweeper07

24 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Ethical choice

Why not learn from their mistakes - you'd be better buying shares in Bookies and getting dividends from the multi-million pound profits from guys like you rather than giving them the profits? (Betting is a mugs game except for the very few who are professional and good at it - the rest of us are just victims..

Try it and see how much you loss turns to profit...

Aye, I'll never be poor or rich, and you forget their is an enjoyment element when you have a wee bet. 

I'm comfortable that I'm in control, not everyone is. 

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, I'll never be poor or rich, and you forget their is an enjoyment element when you have a wee bet. 

I'm comfortable that I'm in control, not everyone is. 

I know exactly what you are saying - yet I think you might enjoy spending more money (yours plus interest) on other things while you could still consider who you might bet on without risking any funds and still have some enjoyment in that too...

The reality is that many folk are not in control and that is dreadful for them and often their families etc. 

Many people think that at the heart of gambling is a kind of getting hundreds of thousands of people to throw their £5 or £10's etc. into the middle and just a few getting £30 or £80 or sometimes even more back while the rest have been stiffed - and they, the Bookies, walk away with millions... it is a social evil praying on many peoples desire to win or have or gain "riches" - I have regularly seen the damage this does.

Anyway - don't want to get too moral or cause anyone any offence. I don't want to spoil anyone's "fun", I am just not a fan of the gambling industry precisely because of the damage it does to many...

Edited by Sweeper07

6 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I know exactly what you are saying - yet I think you might enjoy spending more money (yours plus interest) on other things while you could still consider who you might bet on without risking any funds and still have some enjoyment in that too...

The reality is that many folk are not in control and that is dreadful for them and often their families etc. 

Many people think that at the heart of gambling is a kind of getting hundreds of thousands of people to throw their £5 or £10's etc. into the middle and just a few getting £30 or £80 or sometimes even more back while the rest have been stiffed - and they, the Bookies, walk away with millions... it is a social evil praying on many peoples desire to win or have or gain "riches" - I have regularly seen the damage this does.

Anyway - don't want to get too moral or cause anyone any offence. I don't want to spoil anyone's "fun", I am just not a fan of the gambling industry precisely because of the damage it does to many...

St Mirren are 21/20 today, easy money. :P

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

St Mirren are 21/20 today, easy money. :P

I think this means almost even money? We have not beaten the Soap Dodgers all season...

We have 3 players out today and are only playing for bragging rights, while they still have an outside chance of the play-offs..

I suspect as always, the Bookies have the decks stacked in their favour...

Nevertheless I hope we do finally beat them today......

Edited by Sweeper07

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Log oot dude :D

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

Fair play to the Morton fans who actually are coming.   It's not their fault they majority of their manky brethren have shat it.

Piss poor from the club / powers that be / both (delete as appropriate) to not be able to segregate today and get more Buddies in. 

The only thing I can see that the club be brought to task for is not to include two toilet blocks and two catering outlets in the plans when the away stand was constructed, and even that is stretching it.

There's no way that you could have St.Mirren fans and unwashed fans in the same stand without secure segregation . Without two toilet blocks and two catering blocks this simply isn't possible.

So no, it's not "piss poor" by the club at all.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think this means almost even money? We have not beaten the Soap Dodgers all season...

We have 3 players our today and are only playing for bragging rights, while they still have an outside chance of the play-offs..

Yes almost evens, and I'm aware that the league is over but I fully expect close to our strongest team today and I also think the manager and players will want to win this game.

I did have cash on Falkirk midweek for opposite reasons to the above, we fielded a reserve side, and that produced a nice 4/1 return. 

It's a gamble, not a certainty, not a lot to lose and a wee bit of cash/enjoyment if I win. 

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Looking forward to today's game. I think we'll be back to more or less our strongest starting eleven with the exception of McGinn. Can see the players being fully committed and desperate for the win this. I hope this is the case as I can't face losing another bet to a manky Ton fan in my work .

4-1 Saints.

You might just do it again Munoz.

Looks like we will have a few players who have been key missing through injury or suspension. Never might a loss to Morton feel so good with the Trophy in waiting!

Even better of we beat them!

Edited by St.Ricky

Mixed feelings today. My eldest daughter always comes to the football with me but has been up all night being sick and can't go today. She has been upset all morning. Cannae believe it.

I'm having to bribe her wee sister to come and keep me company.
Hotdog, juice, crisps and chips on the way home.

37 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We have 3 players out today and are only playing for bragging rights, while they still have an outside chance of the play-offs..

Who's the three players out bud been offshore for last two weeks one to go so no papers to keep me updated. 

10 minutes ago, elvis said:

Who's the three players out bud been offshore for last two weeks one to go so no papers to keep me updated. 

According to Jack in the PDE, the only player definitely out injured is Eckersley.

Reilly was taken off injured on Tuesday, but might make the bench apparently.

I'm unaware of a third injured mystery player.

Otherwise all is well.:)

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Read that Eckersley, Reilly (carrying an injury) and possibly McGinn. But other posts suggest the later 2 are available