Champions v Morton. Trophy Presentation 21/4/18

shull

38 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Yeah Management is also the Team or are you a communist :P

What is the big deal here..?

its a forum, i give a throwaway one liner, people waiting to be upset, get upset??? If you have a different opinion fine, the guys who feel the need to get personal/insulting about having a different opinion... thats become boring now.

to me its no biggie, wont get me cutting up my ST or starting a dirty protest in the W3 bogs, and i will be able to live with everyone elses opinion. 

On a different note! How about the board leading off the next march to tne ground..? They missed out on that one :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What is the big deal here..?

its a forum, i give a throwaway one liner, people waiting to be upset, get upset??? If you have a different opinion fine, the guys who feel the need to get personal/insulting about having a different opinion... thats become boring now.

to me its no biggie, wont get me cutting up my ST or starting a dirty protest in the W3 bogs, and i will be able to live with everyone elses opinion. 

On a different note! How about the board leading off the next march to tne ground..? They missed out on that one :rolleyes:

Maybe having a tad of an over reaction LPM. :lol:

Your post didn't upset me, it is nice to see to Management, BOD and players show unity, bet u would not get that at Ipox......

As long as we don't play any board members I am delighted to how we showcase :P

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Maybe having a tad of an over reaction LPM. :lol:

Your post didn't upset me, it is nice to see to Management, BOD and players show unity, bet u would not get that at Ipox......

As long as we don't play any board members I am delighted to how we showcase :P

Surely not :lol:

Seeing Gordon Scott and Fitzy on the pitch at the end doesn't bother me in the slightest. GS had communicated with the fans and it's clear he wants the club to progress going by what he says. Fitzy is a club legend ffs and it's obvious even now how much he loves the club.

Its not like Venky's at Blackburn or Ellis Short at Sunderland suddenly turning up if either club wins League One or the playoffs. Our guys have clearly been involved and care about the club.

Edited by Cornwall_Saint
Crap spelling

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

For anybody to say The BOD are not part of the team is a idiot. They work incredibly hard behind the scenes to make sure Jack and James have everything they need to put a good football team on the park. And so far they've done well. So yes their a big part of the team. Coys.

I guess they'll be taking the stick with the same gusto when we dont play so well??? Oops forgot they've got a couple of layers below them to absorb that. Nice!

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

For anybody to say The BOD are not part of the team is a idiot. They work incredibly hard behind the scenes to make sure Jack and James have everything they need to put a good football team on the park. And so far they've done well. So yes their a big part of the team. Coys.

For me....this is a no brainer.

Everyone on the board, in management, the staff, players, volunteers and all connected with the club are part of the team together with SMISA, SLO'S,  Fans Council and of course the Fans all working together helped make this possible and are entitled to their day in the sun. Looking forward nervously but excitedly to the next stage of our Saint Mirren Journey. COYS 

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

SG took plenty of opportunity to appear holding a cup from time to time. Damn right too. Directors sit through the shit seasons same as everyone. Why not enjoy those all too brief moments in the sunshine? If it was me, I’d be on that pitch with the players in a flash.

To argue against the directors having the right to enjoy St Mirren success, which comes around as often as a decent Shull thread, is churlish at best.

I say that as someone who has had a dig at the crap trophy presentation too, but GLS and Fitzy were perfectly entitled to be out there enjoying a great day.

SG was in W5 on Saturday , no padded seat or prawn sandwiches for him . .

13 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

No... i would, as the many people i spoke to who were of the same mind believed thats where they should be. In their box.

i wonder if they will come onto the pitch to show their appreciation if we get horsed in a game next season..? Guess we all know the answer to that. Theres little chance of them becoming "detached" from the fans whilst Smisa still has a penny in the bank.

Clown.

2 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:
SG was in W5 on Saturday , no padded seat or prawn sandwiches for him . .

So was Jackie Copland.

John McGinn was in the shed at Tannadice, but that’s probably been mentioned already.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thanks for your input, shame you dont seem capable of actually voicing  an opinion. Too much effort?

He's not capable.

He is a mocker of decent buddies.

It's like a end of season thread nothing more than should the board be on the pitch. Everyone employed with the club should be on the pitch , the lassie cooking at Ralston, the lassie or guy washing and ironing to strips , the guy doing the grass its not just players who make up St Mirren football club :wub:

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's like a end of season thread nothing more than should the board be on the pitch. Everyone employed with the club should be on the pitch , the lassie cooking at Ralston, the lassie or guy washing and ironing to strips , the guy doing the grass its not just players who make up St Mirren football club :wub:

I agree....................... if fact we should be celebrating One Town as well. So Mhari Black, Pedro, Gerad Butler , David Tennant, Paolo Nutini, Phyliss Logan, Gerry Rafferty's family, and Sean Batty the weather guy, should all be there holding hands and then doing a dive bomb in front of the West Stand...................

Possible others on pitch whether in a box, a statue or real life  include

John Reid who went on to become Elton John’s manager

• Joe Egan (not sure of spelling) but he played with Billy Connoly
    and Rafferty, Connoly went solo, Joe and Gerry formed STEALERS WHEEL,
    there first album was Stealers Wheel.
  • John Witherspoon, (1723-1794), was the sixth president of Princeton,
    a signer of the Declaration of Independence, and from 1776 to 1782 a
    leading member of the Continental Congress. He came from Scotland in
    1768 to assume the presidency of the college and held office until his
    death a quarter of a century later.
  • Jill Jackson, singer from band speedway..
  • Archie Gemmel,
    International and very famous football player. Scotland and Derby County
    footballer – went to Stanely Green School. Born in Paisley “thanks
    to David Ross”
  • Fulton Mackay,
    actor who appeared in the program Porridge. “thanks to David Ross”
  • Eileen Catterson, professional model. “thanks Lorraine”
  • John “Cowboy” McCormack,
    John won an Olympic bronze medal for Boxing in the 1950’s. Although
    he was born in Glasgow, he has spend many many years living in Paisley
    where he settled and brought up his family, and he now considers himself
    as a proud “Buddie”. “thanks Lorraine”
  • Andy Weir: Motherwell & Scotland
    (Thanks terry)
  • David Hay: Celtic & Scotland (Thanks Terry)
  • Paul Gallacher: Dundee Utd & Scotland (Thanks Terry)
  • Kenny Ireland:
    Actor/Director – (Thanks Terry)
  • Shereen Nanjiani:
    TV Journalist Scotland Today (Thanks Terry)
  • Politicians – Wendy & Douglas Alexander – Hugh Henry – Tony Benn’s mother (an
    Eadie of the engineering family) (Thanks Terry)
  • Heather “the Weather” Reid, hails from Paisley, thanks Finlay
  • Steven Moffat, comes from Paisley, thanks FinlayTessa
    read more here..
  • Gordon McGrory aka “Mince”, nomination from David Kerr http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mince_Fratelli
  • Eddie Blair, accomplished and well known Jazz Musician “website
  • Ken Macdonald Special Correspondent for BBC Scotland Newsnight. Attended Paisley Grammar and worked in several radio stations and regularly attends St Mirren games wit his father, Gillie Macdonald. “thanks Sean Hurl “
  • Owen Coyle, Footballer and Football manager
  • Paul Lambert, Footballer and Football manager
  •  
  •  
  • All these guys deserve to be celebrating with us.......................

25 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I agree....................... if fact we should be celebrating One Town as well. So Mhari Black, Pedro, Gerad Butler , David Tennant, Paolo Nutini, Phyliss Logan, Gerry Rafferty's family, and Sean Batty the weather guy, should all be there holding hands and then doing a dive bomb in front of the West Stand...................

• Archie Gemmel,
    to David Ross”
  • Fulton Mackay,
    (Thanks terry)
  • Kenny Ireland:
  • Shereen Nanjiani:
    read more here..
  • Gordon McGrory aka “Mince”, nomination from David Kerr http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mince_Fratelli
  • Ken Macdonald Special Correspondent for BBC Scotland Newsnight. Attended Paisley Grammar and worked in several radio stations and regularly attends St Mirren games wit his father, Gillie Macdonald. “thanks Sean Hurl “
  •  
  •  

As do the guys who hold up the PAISLEY LOYAL SEVCO FLAG, when they come visiting. 

On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 7:59 AM, Lord Pityme said:

No... i would, as the many people i spoke to who were of the same mind believed thats where they should be. In their box.

i wonder if they will come onto the pitch to show their appreciation if we get horsed in a game next season..? Guess we all know the answer to that. Theres little chance of them becoming "detached" from the fans whilst Smisa still has a penny in the bank.

LPM.

Everyone is entitled to hold and express their views. I don't agree with yours. OK. 

Nor do I think it wrong that people have a right to be sceptical over the role and relationships of the Board going forward. This is healthy. 

Clearly agree with you that those involved in the drum and singing section have contributed greatly to improving the atmosphere at games home and away. 

My definition of the Club and Team at St Mirren seems to be wider than yours and encapsulates not only the players, coaches and managers but indeed everyone who has contributed in any way however small or large to the change in fortunes and "attitudes" this last 18 months or so. Each and every one of these deserve the recognition given and given freely.

There are times when Boards take decisions that fans don't like. They have legal and other responsibilities to factor in that we as fans may neither appreciate or like.  

Boards do suffer fan disapproval. It has happened at St Mirren and our near neighbours in Govan showed theirs very visibly last weekend.

Enjoy the moment. Keep your scepticism alive however. I might not like it but it is important that our St Mirren Family is capable of pulling together to be that One Town One Team we are so proud off.

Great time to be a fan, player, manager, staff or volunteer as well as Board Member.

16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

LPM.

Everyone is entitled to hold and express their views. I don't agree with yours. OK. 

Nor do I think it wrong that people have a right to be sceptical over the role and relationships of the Board going forward. This is healthy. 

Clearly agree with you that those involved in the drum and singing section have contributed greatly to improving the atmosphere at games home and away. 

My definition of the Club and Team at St Mirren seems to be wider than yours and encapsulates not only the players, coaches and managers but indeed everyone who has contributed in any way however small or large to the change in fortunes and "attitudes" this last 18 months or so. Each and every one of these deserve the recognition given and given freely.

There are times when Boards take decisions that fans don't like. They have legal and other responsibilities to factor in that we as fans may neither appreciate or like.  

Boards do suffer fan disapproval. It has happened at St Mirren and our near neighbours in Govan showed theirs very visibly last weekend.

Enjoy the moment. Keep your scepticism alive however. I might not like it but it is important that our St Mirren Family is capable of pulling together to be that One Town One Team we are so proud off.

Great time to be a fan, player, manager, staff or volunteer as well as Board Member.

Great retort Ricky but as its LPM try to keep the words to less than 5 letters:whistle

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

• Archie Gemmel,
    to David Ross”
  • Fulton Mackay,
    (Thanks terry)
  • Kenny Ireland:
  • Shereen Nanjiani:
    read more here..
  •  
  •  

Cant see either the pie stall vendors or stewards on any list yet! Surely they, as frontline responders should be doing a lap of honour too???