Jump to content

Champions v Morton. Trophy Presentation 21/4/18


shull
 Share

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

Anyone needing tickets for the Morton game.. due to a poorly scheduled family wedding we have 5 tickets in the Main Stand that we can't use. Would rather sell them all together, face value £22 each (they are the padded seats). PM me.

That sounds like one of those shotgun weddings:o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Pity Morton have been their usual shitebag selves and have blown the play offs. Means those manky feckers won’t turn up next week for us to rip the pish out of them.

Agree with this. I genuinely wanted Morton to make the playoffs, if for no other reason than laughing at Dundee United. Sadly not to be, as always, they’ve imploded.

Their fans on P&B are having a minor meltdown. Mind you, it’s nothing we haven’t seen ourselves. Simply substitute Duffy for MacPherson, Rae (chairman, not our Sevco apologist manager) for Gilmour, introduce the words ‘next level’ and ‘no ambition’. - you get the idea.

What did we ever do to deserve such shite derby rivals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Agree with this. I genuinely wanted Morton to make the playoffs, if for no other reason than laughing at Dundee United. Sadly not to be, as always, they’ve imploded.

Their fans on P&B are having a minor meltdown. Mind you, it’s nothing we haven’t seen ourselves. Simply substitute Duffy for MacPherson, Rae (chairman, not our Sevco apologist manager) for Gilmour, introduce the words ‘next level’ and ‘no ambition’. - you get the idea.

What did we ever do to deserve such shite derby rivals.

Not only do I agree, but I’d go a step further and say I didn’t just want them to get to the play off, I wanted them to get promoted. 

Unfortunately they are honkin so we’ll just need to rely on our Psuedo rivals Killie as usual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not only do I agree, but I’d go a step further and say I didn’t just want them to get to the play off, I wanted them to get promoted. 

Unfortunately they are honkin so we’ll just need to rely on our Psuedo rivals Killie as usual. 

Agree - would love to see top flight Renfrewshire derbies, in a league without ICT and Ross County. If I really asked Santa nicely, maybe he could get rid of Accies and replace them with Falkirk too. In the battle of the clubs with less than four stands, Falkirk have nicer stands, a better plastic pitch, better fans, better coffee, a better town, and we have better away days there.

I don’t want much. :D

Edited by pozbaird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, scottd said:

F**k Morton.  Scum.  Don’t get the love that some of our fans have for them.:blink:

It’s not love. It’s wanting to see top flight Renfrewshire derbies instead of Renfrewshire Cup ones, or the odd meeting when we sully ourselves by being in the same league as them.

Edit: Also, consider the positives. Twelve guaranteed points and the automatic relegation spot filled automatically.

Edited by pozbaird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2018 at 10:18 AM, DougJamie said:

Can I ask!!!!

 

We are ( 95%) old enough to remember when we used to stand together mixed. I remember Celtic 1977 3-3 each game and us losing 2 goals late, Saints fans and Celts fans at Love Street end, In the 70s the thugs managed to control the abuse and fighting to near the buses, never in the ground, and that was when we were getting big 15k plus crowds in some matches...... I also remember Cappielow 1979 mixed...........

So are we saying now, that we have to have segregation everywhere.....

So could ask my fellow forum members....

When was the last time you stood next to an opposition fan in a ground?

And did you resort to swearing and fighting with them?

 

 

Going to Parkhead in the late 70s, Celtic fans were allowed access to the away end.  it was rotten, told by the Police that being spat on was our fault for coming and then being told we can't sort it out ourselves.

 

Segregation is great, expecially in schools 

I await the humourless responses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s not love. It’s wanting to see top flight Renfrewshire derbies instead of Renfrewshire Cup ones, or the odd meeting when we sully ourselves by being in the same league as them.

Edit: Also, consider the positives. Twelve guaranteed points and the automatic relegation spot filled automatically.

Aye the 12 points thing worked out well this season.  :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/04/2018 at 11:46 PM, beyond our ken said:

Going to Parkhead in the late 70s, Celtic fans were allowed access to the away end.  it was rotten, told by the Police that being spat on was our fault for coming and then being told we can't sort it out ourselves.

 

Segregation is great, expecially in schools 

I await the humourless responses.

Horrible place to go to back then, it was even worse than Ibrox in my opinion.

Early 80’s after enduring missiles constantly from that lot, some Saints fan behind us launched a bottle back at them, cops were straight in and arrested my brother who never did it, we were in standing the other side of the barrier in front. They just weighed into arrest anyone.

He went to court a few months later and was sentenced to 3 months, despite loads of written sworn statements saying it wasn’t him, but they believed the lying cop instead.

Same cops who weren’t interested in challenging the Celtic support who were constantly throwing missiles into us.

Scotland eh? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jimmy H said:

Horrible place to go to back then, it was even worse than Ibrox in my opinion.

Early 80’s after enduring missiles constantly from that lot, some Saints fan behind us launched a bottle back at them, cops were straight in and arrested my brother who never did it, we were in standing the other side of the barrier in front. They just weighed into arrest anyone.

He went to court a few months later and was sentenced to 3 months, despite loads of written sworn statements saying it wasn’t him, but they believed the lying cop instead.

Same cops who weren’t interested in challenging the Celtic support who were constantly throwing missiles into us.

Scotland eh? 

The cop was Stoobs old man(allegedly).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any way,,,,,,, now we have Fortress 2021 , who cares.....

WE can sit back, watch United, Pars and Livi fight it out, watch Ton do their usual 100% effort against us, listen to Roberston and Hartley tell everyone how unlucky they were this season due their bad starts and poor referring decisions

In fact, I really hope Livi join us in Premier, cause like us, they have been superb this season

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...